Ended
Watch

Meeting of the Ordo Dracul (1810)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

It was the first meeting of the Ordo Dracul to be held in the office of Lina Moretti, PI - and with the work she knew they were all doing to put together their Chapterhouse, she hoped it would be the last. The office building was closed for the night, and the Grand Wyrm had left them each with the buzzer code.

Her office was nothing special. Large enough for her old, wooden desk, a standing fan that oscillated quietly in the corner, a couple of filing cabinet and a little sitting area in which a well-loved couch and armchair served as a somewhat more comfortable spot to interview clients, the place was clean and utilitarian. Just like her, in many ways. Dressed in utilitarian jeans, running shoes, a black tank top, and her leather jacket, she kept her knife on her belt and her wary eyes on the door. She looked like the kind of investigator who belonged here.

There were a few things to go over tonight.

Taft's petition for membership.

Returning to the Chapterhouse and deciding if they were going to restore the old or embrace Change and create something new.

The Regency of Florin.

Mentorship and advancement in the Coils.

She smiled. A little dimple that had not been there since her Embrace showed, and the Grand Wyrm glowed. The last piece was her own.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

This night does not feel like one to be fashionably late. So Taft moves with purpose through the streets and into the building that housed Moretti's office. The struggle he knows is coming - the one within what had once likely been his soul - is a bitterly fruitless distraction. The Spider will hide in fear or brandish its pedipalps menacingly. Then the Man will remind it of its place. And truly, as he enters the somewhat humble meeting place, the thing in his breast wills him to drive his fangs into the Succubus's flesh. But all of Taft's synapses are focused on what the woman in the room represents to him.

A doorway.

"Good evening. I must confess I'm at a loss at how to address you. Do you prefer the title 'Grand Wyrm'? Or may I simply call you Priscus Moretti?" ​The bald man with dark, serious eyes smiles coyly. "I have made a decision regarding your order. If you'll have me, I wish to learn what I can from you all."

Health | Willpower | Vitae

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Ahhh sorry, somehow I missed the tag?! Cynthia Weiss still with us?
    Let's get this going!!

Finally, the moment was there, a meeting of the Ordo Dracul that would not be also a house-meeting and conclude with a list of groceries and chores for each other as coterie mates.

A Covenant has formed.

'Good evening.' Aaron appeared in the doorway, dressed as usual in a more classic look with a shirt neatly buttoned up to his neck. 'Grand Wyrm, thanks for having us here in your office. Priscus Taft, how great to see you have joined us.'

He has his own things to discuss, but first he would find himself a place to sit and listen to the Daeva that was leading the local Chapter.

5. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Oh sorry everyone! Somehow I completely missed this.

The door creaked open and something toxic started to leak into the air. It was hard to identify, although one got the feeling it was the aftermath of someone smashing a drug lab. The pale and black figure of Cynthia Weiss slipped into the room. It was fairly casual for her. Jeans, hoodie, old work boots.

"Guten Abend everyone. Evening Grand Wyrm." She greeted them with a nod to each of them. She seemed to freeze when she spotted Taft. "Priscus Taft? I wasn't expecting you here tonight." The Goth said with a tilt of her head, her face shadowed by her hood. Cynthia was not aware he was a member of the Ordo Dracul.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

A serene smile, more human than ever in appearance as a little dimple appeared that had not before puckered one spot on Lina's face. The change was subtle, but palpable. Glowing of the Blush, there was little to differentiate her from Kine save for the scream in her Blood. The Beast simply did not show in her manner anymore. "Grand Wyrm is agreeable, though as you will learn should this Covenant accept you tonight, our Order has an internal titling system that relates to our knowledge of the secrets of the Dragon. Welcome to my office, Priscus Taft. Please, make yourself at home."

van Valen came next, the other Regent of Florin's mighty Beast becoming more and more familiar as time passed and they faced the night together as a unit. She smiled at him, a genuine sort of platonic fondness apparent. "Supplicant van Valen. Good to see you." Looking past him to Cynthia, she nodded to the new Slave. "Ms. Weiss." She did the Nosferatu the kindness of not calling her a Slave in front of an outsider. "Lawrence Taft seeks entry to our Covenant. Tonight, we shall hear his petition and decide if he is to be admitted. Please, get comfortable."

Indeed, that was the first order of business. Getting comfortable. And getting there required them to decide about Taft.

"Mr. Taft, we'll get right down to it, because to hear what we must discuss tonight, you must be a member. You wish to join the Ordo Dracul. Look to Aaron van Valen. Look to Cynthia Weiss. Your potential peer, and a potential mentor. Tell them what brings you to our doors. Tell them what you can contribute and bring to the table, sharing with us as we will share with you."

With a polite smile, Moretti fell silent, leaving the floor to the Mekhet.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

"Priscus van Valen. You look well." The statement doesn't broker argument or dance around an otherwise pointless chain of conversation. Even in life, asking how someone 'is' was a dead end. The most common answers were lies designed to speed past obligatory pleasantries. Though occasionally the worst would happen and someone would actually be honest. Which would derail the conversation and turn into some kind of pity party. (And yes: this assumes no one is ever truly happy. Which Taft firmly believes).

Weiss' surprise is met with a little of the Shadow's own. A brow arches sharply and, for a moment, he is at a loss for words. Out of habit rather than necessity, Taft draws air through his nose and catches wind of something that would have choked mortal lungs. Naturally, after, he decides he doesn't need to do that again. Not tonight.
    "I could say the same. Though I confess to being pleasantly surprised." This much is true. He'd hoped to see more of her potential after their last meeting. Now, it seems, he's being given a chance.

Taking note of Moretti's preference on title, Taft nods once and listens quietly as she makes greetings and sets the stage. At her direction - because why not - he glances first to van Valen and then to Weiss. He adds another curt nod at her conclusion and tackles the task at hand.

"There is power here, tonight. In both blood and... political sway. It would appear this Covenant - your Covenant - hosts three of our Domain's Prisci already. My purpose here tonight is to increase this number to four." He allows himself a small smile. His interests, of course, extend beyond being in the 'club' with the classiest members. "In doing so, you would gain access to not only my own voice and experiences but also those of countless other lives throughout the ages. I learn through my gifts for learning's sake, you see, but perhaps in your company this can be given direction. You can inform me of the Ordo Dracul's goals and I will use my talents to accomplish them."
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

10. Likes Ruach, Dark Passenger liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

"You may find that your gifts will be helpful to you in the pursuit of our grandest goal, Lawrence Taft. Each and every member of the Ordo Dracul seeks to enter the course of our Great Work, that of transcending the vampiric Curse. We expect dedication to study and to Covenant. We require pupils to obey and respect their tutors, and in due course, when you become a tutor, you will expected to assist and develop your own pupils. Ours is a focused, merit-based society. Those who develop in the Coils and swear themselves to greater service to our sect advance. This defines merit. This is the nature of our Academy."

She nodded, taking a brief moment to see if she was understood.

"Our organization is founded on three principles. The first is that a Dragon's first duty is to their studies. The second? A Dragon must accept, understand and embrace purposeful Change. The third is that a Dragon is responsible for all he is and all he becomes. Are you prepared to accept these principles as requirements within your Requiem?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

There's a hint of amusement in Aaron's eyes, behind the solemn expression on his face. He likes how this meeting brings the two Prisci together - who have both been members in the Domain longer than Lina and he. It adds to the vibe of a secret society that he feels is often performed more heavily than necessary. Nonetheless, he likes it.

As if pieces of a grander plan for the Domain are falling together.

'We - of course - met a while ago,' he says to Lawrence first, but then turns to Cynthia as he is only retelling what had happened, 'and I was already greatly interested into learning more from you and the voices of the past.'

'That has not changed over time. The gathered respectable Prisci, as we are, should be able to ensure a safe place for our Academy in Sacramento. If this political sway should do anything, it is to increase our ability to do the Great Work. To become the Great Work.'

He almost wants to continue, but changes his mind before any air has left his mouth. It should be clear that the Shadow Priscus has his OK. Now the said aspiring Dragon only needed to accept the terms of change.

The Principia Draconis.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    C
    Cross

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Well in hindsight, I should not be surprised. There was that weirdness from the other night." That was still a blur to her. They would need to return to see what strangeness brought that cult there and what exactly was giving them such strange powers.

And once more was another mention of Tafts powers. Ill defined beyond memories and blood. More questions for later. Along with questions of tutors and so on.

For now though, Cynthia elected to take a step back and let the two senior dragons take stage while she lurked in the background. The sharp burning smell of chemicals the only hint of her presence.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.