Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sounds good. The next court should be happening soon. I'll introduce you to him at that point." She nodded at the decision.

"Peace is hard for anyone. I really don't know many kine who have found peace either." Mable ran a hand lovingly over the trunk of a tree. She smiled serenely.

"Hmm? Oh no, I haven't noticed any issues at all. As a matter of fact, the Prince was really happy when I told her about the renovations I had done at the Crone Farm. And I have worked really well with people from the other covenants. If anyone has had an issue they haven't made it publicly known."

"What do you think of the city so far? Have you seen any of the cemeteries yet? There are several beautiful ones around here."

H
    Hugh Keeping

Hugh nods. Court. Oh boy. "Sounds good," he says.

"You're right, it is. But it's better to have some rather than none, right?" Mable is in the former camp and, more often than not, Hugh feels like he's in the latter.

No strife among the Big Five, huh? Well. Either Mable's hiding something or Sacramento is a latter-day Shining City on a Hill. Hugh has no doubt he'll find out soon enough. Likely at that court she mentioned earlier.

"Farm?" He asks. "You have a farm? Here? Like, in the city?" He's having a hard time picturing it. "Do you...grow anything?" What do Stiffs grow on a farm? Hugh doesn't even want to think about livestock.

"Tell you the truth, I haven't seen much. Been trying to keep a low profile until I could make myself known." You don't just take a stroll when you're new Stiff in town. Not without notice to the powers-that-be.

"Any suggestions other than the cemeteries?" Hugh's around enough dead people as it is.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable grinned, she loved the farm or would soon enough. "The farm is within city limits but not city at all. Right now it is just a bunch of wheat fields and some trees. I just renovated the house. Next is planting trees and gardens. I'm going to get the local agricultural college to use it as training grounds for some of their students. that way I get the work done I need and they get training."

Mable chuckled, "I am probably not the best for asking about things to see and do. I am sooo boring. I spend much of my free time in the woods or I go get all cozy with old movies or books. I did try an escape room recently. That was interesting. Fun but I felt a little out witted in it."

H
    Hugh Keeping

"You'll have to take me out there sometime...I mean, if that's allowed," he's sure to add. Who knows where the Acolytes draw the line. And there's no need to be presumptuous. It can be dangerous.

"What I mean is, I'd love to see it. I grew up on farms. Might make me feel closer to home, you know?" He offers her another smile. "And, if it counts for anything, you haven't bored me tonight, so there's that," laughing again.

"Listen, though, it's getting on. I think I should probably make tracks soon. And I'm sure you've got other things to do than talk to a one-eyed cousin." Hugh is hungry, though he'd never say it out loud. "Unless there's more I need to know?" He continues, with a humble look. Again: no need for presumptions.

Figured we should wrap this soon in order to get it into the books before the next court opens. What do you think?

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I would love to show you the farm. It is totally allowed. And I will introduce you to Krieg at the next court."

She laughed, "I am glad I didn't bore you. So yes, that does count for something."

"I can't think of anything right now. You have my cell number. Call me if you need anything at all."

Good idea to wrap before court starts. Thanks for the scene was fun meeting Hugh.

H
    Hugh Keeping

"Thanks, I will. You do the same," he pauses for a moment and then continues: "And thank you, Mable. For meeting with me and for the conversation." For not being a monster.

He whistles, high and clear, and Dog darts back to them.

"We'll see you soon," Hugh says. "Take care of yourself." And then the one-eyed man and his dog step off into the night. Dog looks back toward Mable once, stays at his master's side.

Thanks for the fun scene! Can't wait to get these two together again.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.