Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
On the Topic of Cults.

T
    TherianTheorist

Something I felt should be asked before further consideration, is any variant of 'cult member/leader' a reasonable character concept, given the merits to represent such a group as would need to be written into existence?

2. Likes Vincent liked this post

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

If you wanted to be a cult leader, you'd model that through social merits like allies, contacts, retainers, resources, sanctuaries, sites.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post
    T
    TherianTheorist

I worded it awkwardly, I realize, but the intention was closer to "Would there be a problem with that kind of concept, even if I bought the needed merits to represent it all?" Assuming it to be fairly harmless now, given the answer received.

6. Likes Benji liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

It is worth a shot.

It depends if you accept that such an organisation isn't a crutch or a stand-in for a character; it is a tool for role play and something to use in a plot. I know one of the vampire character's has a 'cult'. The only time this becomes obvious is from Glimpses where they interact with their 'cult.'

If you are willing to work with an ST I am sure something could be done

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 25

You do not have permission to view the list of names.