(Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird simply nods to the Priscus of Savages, maintaining her practiced composure.

To the Harpy, the neonate offers a smile, some warmth returning to her face as Rebecca offered her compliments on her willingness to help. "I appreciate your compliments, Madam Harpy," she says, "In nights such as these, we all should do our part."

Then Blackbird's glance flitted back to John, her smile lessening as the Gambler again left her greeting - and presence - unacknowledged, just as he did many nights before. Blackbird was a prideful creature. She had thought Davis' first instance of misplaced arrogance had been a fluke. Clearly, it had not.

Unfortunate. For you.

For a moment, an expression of cold acceptance washed over the neonates fate. Then she returned her attention to the Harpy, her face returning to its friendly smile, "I am certain all of Clan Daeva would agree obligations owed to her Majesty take precedence," she offered, "If it befits the needs of the Court, I will happily take my leave."

Davis was ignored as he rambled. Certainly, none of the words were meant for Blackbird, but the inaction nonetheless signaled a shift from the neonate's normal habit of affording elder Kindred her attention. The Black Sheep had proven inept at building bridges and Blackbird was no longer willing to grant him an ounce of her grace. It was lost on him.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable's eyes brightened at Rebecca's offer, "I know you are so not the out doors type. But if you are serious about helping out in other ways... I could use some equipment for the farm. I am working with a local community college that has an agricultural program. They will be using the farm for training purposes. And stupid governmental programs like OSHA demand that I have working equipment. Any help in that area would be amazing." Mable gave a hopeful smile.

Then she looked at John, "Mr. Davis, just keep working at it. I know what you are trying to do around here. Give others a chance to see it also."

Blackbird was interesting. She always held herself in tight composure so that no one really knew what she was thinking. Mable gave her an appreciative smile, but said nothing more.

J
    John Davis

"Miss Blackbird. Forgive me for not noticing you earlier. My mind does seem to be a mix of ethery thoughts this evening."

Turning toward Mable, "That I intend to do. There is much I must do before taking action over the mountains."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca offered Davis a smile at his congratulations. "Why thank you." He then offered a business card. If it was true that he was cleaning Elysium in his free time then it was good to hear. "And thank you for the new number. I'll most likely give you a call soon so that we can work and talk," she said with a smile.

Then, just before she turned to focus on Blackbird, she had one thing to add to Davis. "Oh and for your information Alder Davis, the late Goto and Takeda were Japanese, not Chinese. It's always good to have a keen attention to detail and all that," she said with a friendly smile.

Looking to Blackbird she said, "You're quite welcome, and so right. We should all strive to do more." She titled her head before shifting the conversation. "Have you found some good work since you arrived?"

Then her gaze turned to Mable and she became focused. "Absolutely Priscus Wood. How about if you formulate a list of all the equipment you need and we'll get together some time to discuss it. I'm sure I can help you meet your needs."

K
    Krieg

Krieg raised a brow at Davis's assumption the traitors were Chinese. Rather than comment on it, the other women corrected the wayward Daeva. He returned his attention to the Neonate.

"You are smart to think that way, Blackbird." He spoke with nodding approval. "As Prince Antinori is the nucleus of Sacramento, every action ought to ultimately benefit her. So long as you pursue that, you will do well here."

His eyes shifted to Mable briefly, he smiled to her then, upon Blackbird. "Pardon me if I have already asked this; are you affiliated with a Covenant?"

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Davis had apologized for his misstep. Blackbird considered keeping up her wall, the prospect of ignoring him further or, perhaps, undermining him tugged at her prideful ego. Yet the neonate overruled the instinct. She canted her head to the side, regarding Davis in a small pause before granting him a nod. "You are forgiven, Alder," she offered, her tone neutral, but genuine.

He has preened your feathers. Leave the door open.

Nonetheless, as she returned her attention to the Harpy, Blackbird could help but smirk - at least a little bit - at her reprimand of Davis as he misidentified the origins of the recently Ashed.

The Harpy bears a strange respect for the Dead...

Then the question of work. The Harpy is digging for information on Blackbird and the neonate knows it. She'll humor the Lord. For now.

"Certainly, Madame Harpy," she affirms, "Priscus Moretti has involved me in seeing to the Hunter issue within Sacramento. Given my past and my own capabilities, she believes I can contribute. I do not intend to disappoint her. Naturally, I have interests beyond the Domain that allow me to retain resources and income as well. I can't very well blend in with the Kine in rags after all... Thus far, its proven fruitful, though it is my hope to expand these operations going forward."

Finally, the Giant, who, like the Harpy, provided those soft kernels of praise Blackbird's ego so hungerly desired. The neonate would offer him a smile, "Thank you, Hierophant," she said, her voice teetering on the side of friendliness, "Given the Prince's proclamation this evening, I feel the approach is certainly wise as well."

Blackbird watched as Krieg's attention deviated briefly to Mable and then intently back to her. At his question, the neonate's eyebrows perked lightly.

Playing with an open hand, Krieg?

"I apologize if you've asked before, I do not recall it. I am among the Unaligned," she states, "Due to my sire's own feelings regarding Covenants, I was unable to entertain the notion of joining them while in his service." The words leave Blackbird's lips easily and smoothly, as if she has had to explain this to others many times before. Indeed, the question of her allegiances seemed quite a topic among those whom she had met since arriving.

"If I may be so bold... Why do you ask?"

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave John a smile of encouragement, "Keep it up and you will get there. You have people who believe in you and want to help you. Let them." She wanted him to succeed.

"Dr. Simmons, that is very generous of you. I will certainly get you a list asap." Mable's voice held warmth and appreciation.

Mable returned Krieg's smile an listened to his question to BB. "I was also wondering your thoughts on covenants, Blackbird. We have so many interesting takes on covenants here in Sacramento."

J
    John Davis

"You are most welcome, Madame Harpy. I look forward to working with you." Davis was content to let his encounter with Simmons be brief. Then she spoke. "Oh, Japs you say. Well then, that explains much. You wouldn't by chance know where they spent their days?" The question again, the same he presented to Mable earlier.

Then the Voodoo King spoke. Davis turned to listen to the following conversation. The question of covenant, one Davis himself has been pondering as of late.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

I will be closing Court in a few days. If you have things to finalise, now is the time

C
    Cross

And so ended Court, Kindred going their separate ways to their Havens to rest before their next Danse...

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.