THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

If Twist's greeting could be considered 'just polite' rather than what could have been more appropriately formal - Aaron did not seem to notice nor would he care.

He rose from his bow with a friendly smile. 'I am fine, really, if a bit concerned.' He pauses for a moment, seeing how that statement requires elaboration. 'Though I find it reassuring that Her Majesty Alessandra Antinori can take care of apparent threats herself, I find it shocking to learn that these had to come from the Reeve. Of all possibilities.'

He shakes his head in disapproval.

'That said, if any short term aid is required for security matters, consider me available. Seeing as matters might be under control, I also realized we have never really been able to have a conversation properly. I hope you too are well tonight?'
    With his dual intentions stated, Aaron seems sincerely interested to hear about the Judex' personal well-being.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Concerned?" she echoed with curiosity in his pause.

"Ah- yes. If it is any reassurance, it was not a matter so much of active betrayal but rather when a situation arose that required loyalty... well, it was not given." Twist tone was sad at the events but despite that, there was no sense of regret. No indication that she disagreed with the actions that had been taken. Only that she wished Takeda and Izayoi were not ash.

Glancing at him appraisingly and not hiding it, she considered his words.

"Your offer is most appreciated. I am sure the Prince will be reassured to know that there are Kindred who are willing to step forward during this time. If there is a need." she added after a small pause.

"You are right. We have not. I find my affairs in good order. Yourself?" As well as one could be when seeing a lover ashed and a Prince forced to such displays.

"Actually... I'm afraid I don't know much of your affairs. Is it anything you can share?"

He wanted an audition. So she would give him one. Now to see if he could actually sell himself for what he wanted. Past the already stated I want.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

3. Likes Stray liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

Lina found her way over toward her coteriemate and her Elder, bowing to Twist and giving Aaron a big ol' smile. "Elder. Priscus," she said as greeting. "May I join you?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

The Archon's reply only makes Aaron more curious about the situation. What could possibly have been asked of the Reeve and her Deputy? 'I see.' He replies, quite neutrally, not sure whether that is reassuring or not. Because if it had been active betrayal, the problem was now solved. But currently the question remains, who would Alessandra ask next for that situation that required such loyalty?

He simply nods then, 'Good. Do not hesitate to let me know.' He would not pressure it any further, since, unlike people might expect, he's not out to grab power by aiming for the now vacant position of Reeve.

When they continue their personal talk, the Lord is entirely oblivious to the fact that Twist had a personal connection with either one of the victims. No reason to believe her affairs are not in good order. 'You own a theater, right, if I recall correctly? Madam Seneschal York spoke to me about it a while ago. What is it called? I would love to visit some time.'

It would definitely be a positive change from this nightclub scene.

'My affairs are mostly considered academic and occult pursuits, if you will. What I can share is that for the most part I'm still finding my way in the Sacramento area. To obtain a name and establish oneself as an esoteric scholar and adviser, is perhaps somewhat more complicated than in other fields.'He shrugs, they have time of course; and here he is, spreading the word.

Just when Lina arrives. He smiles, 'Grand Wyrm. Please do.'

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A delighted smile lit up Twist's face. "I do! It is called the Ballo Della Notte. You would of course be most welcome. As would the Harpy."

A half turn toward Lina, the smile still lingering. "Of course. Priscus van Valen and I were just exchanging some of our interests." Turning back to Aaron a small smile of wry understanding, "I believe what he was politely telling me is that a more detailed explanation of his pursuits would be something he could share with you perhaps but not necessarily me."

A small hand lifts in advance of a possible clarification, the wry smile and easy tone conveying that if that was indeed true, she wasn't actually offended by such. She knew Dragons after all. She wasn't entirely oblivious to their ways.

"I can believe that it is a slower process than say if one came to a new city with a degree in oh... accounting. I hope at least there is progress though?"

L
    Lina Moretti

For her part, Moretti's grin back was wry as well, like she saw the humor in the situation. "It's one of those Dragon things, ma'am - though I can say that when you need to know something truly weird, the kind of deep esoterica this man knows has already been worth its weight in gold." The dude had summoned a motherfucking angel. Nobody else Lina knew had the knowledge to pull that shit off. Hell, she hadn't even known angels were real. "The trick is to get him excited about it." She smiled a fond smile at her coteriemate, like she was gently poking fun.

She dropped her voice, leaning in just so, her body positioning between them just so to prevent her words from carrying.

"Elder, please don't let me interrupt you both too long - I just came by before the end of the gathering to mention that I understand the Harpy and my Whip intend to ask to... speak to you about John Davis's future training. I thought I'd pop by and ask if you would be amenable to discussing it with me, afterward."

If you want to hear Lina and your character is actively listening in on this conversation, roll Wits + Composure vs. 2 successes. Aaron and Twist can, of course, hear her just fine.

2 sux to be quiet about the small words!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-10-05 19:43:21 Lina Moretti rolls 6 to To Not Be Overheard (Manipulation + Subterfuge) (10 Again) 8, 10, 6, 7, 2, 4, 1 2 successes

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Aaron nods with a smile, curious why she mentioned the Harpy, though he would gladly take his cousin to the theater. He turns to Lina, 'A good name, I'd say. Have you been there?'

'Well,' he begins with a chuckle, 'I would imagine that the Grand Wyrm would understand some particular studies better, for she is also partaking in them. But I wouldn't mind sharing more at all.' There is a lot more to the world than Dragon related stuff. And he realizes that though Twist might not have studied the occult in a same way as him, he has the impression she could just have a lot of personal experience.

He nods again, with an expression of common understanding. 'That is exactly what I meant. In some fields there are simply less opportunities to prove oneself capable. Which is why I'm trying to take a more academic approach, in which there has luckily been progress, yes. Though the University is probably not waiting on my occult research... or they would, if they'd believe anything.' A breach of the Masquerade for sure, but such a publication might be a great hit.

When Lina makes clear why she actually came, Aaron only watches the Elder to gauge her reaction. Future training sounded a lot like an Invictus thing, coming from Lina. But he would not interrupt the two Daeva.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nodded. She doubted she would be calling upon him any time soon for such. Usually there were others faster to the ball in those matters who likely already had his number. Lina herself for example. But she didn't mind knowing. Just in case.

"Well, I certainly hope you all the best in your endeavors. It is good to have those with such knowledge in the city." Her words were sincere.

A quicksilver grin, a sparkle in her eye. "I like to think that I have some skill in getting individuals excited" she said, a small self satisfied chuckle in her tone.

Growing more serious she listened, a single eyebrow lifting at the words.

So. Rebecca Simmons was who he was going to go to. She was both surprised and not. And Clare... she wondered what John had gotten into that made it so he needed a teacher from their clan as well. Actually, never mind that. She did not in fact want to know.

L
    Lina Moretti

Leaning out and not reading anything into the Elder's silence on the issue of Davis, Lina replied to van Valen with, "I haven't, but I really should. You're not the first to ask. I've been working a lot lately, between the hunters, research and the PI grind." All work and no play made Lina a very dull girl, and she realized that she'd done basically nothing in terms of actually enjoying the cultural opportunities present in the city. "I'll make the time."

Moretti grinned broadly at Twist's double entendre. If any woman had the ability to somehow get Aaron van Valen's attention, surely it would be the seductive Daeva. "Anyway. Please, don't let me interrupt you any further. I thought I'd just come say my goodbyes, as we're getting toward the end of the night."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Perhaps Aaron expected a more elaborate reply from Twist. But a nod was simply enough and got a reply across. They would discuss in a more private setting.

'Thank you,'
    he responds to her well wishes. Then he turns to Lina. 'We could always go together some time.'

He chuckles somewhat naughty when the Elder Daeva speaks of exciting others. No surprise there. Only for Aaron that she would express it as such in Court. 'Also a very useful skill, Your Grace.'

Before they can get into detail, however, time did fly tonight. He checks his watch.

'You are right. We should probably call it a night.' He keeps his goodbye only for Twist, since he'll probably catch Lina at home. ​'I wish you well.'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread