Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable and Floki walked over to a few crates to have their discussion.

Viking Bowie
    Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Presence
    (Removed)
    Floki

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you, Pricus," Floki said once the two came to a stop. Was it just her, or could she taste a faint trace of ash upon the air? She paused, taking a moment to look around, her eyes passing over the milling members of the domain, attempting to move beyond the destruction that had been wreaked among them. She understood, and yet, something about it bothered her. There seemed too many who were willing to close their inner eyes and pretend as though nothing of consequence had occurred.

Well.

Floki took in another breath and turned back to Mabel.

"Now that I've been officially acknowledged, I'd like to begin making something a little bit more firm than acquaintances. I've already met Blackbird, Clara, and Theo. I'm curious who else I should meet. You seem like someone who's a good judge of character. Would you be willing to help me?"
    Floki. Mekhet. Carthian Movement. Striking Looks 2 (Rakish). Presence 1 (Removed).

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable was still feeling shaken by the execution. Doing her duties helped her cope. She was quite sure she would be having a full breakdown later.

Mable looked at Floki considering her words. "I would recommend you meeting everyone. We are a fairly small domain. And it would be my pleasure to introduce you to others."

"Let me start with me. You know my name, outside of Court you can call me Mable. I work for the Urban Forestry Service. As one of my duties, I am in charge of an area of clean up from the fires. I am trying to gather a group of people to help me mark trees. I would love it if you would be willing to help out with that." Mable figured she might as well ask as she told Floki what she did for work.

Viking Bowie
    Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Presence
    (Removed)
    Floki

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Trees are sacred," Floki said after a moment, though her expression was bemused. Was Mable trying to suggest a quid pro quo, or was it simply an offer to participate in an alliance? Even so, a few evenings was hardly a price to pay for an immortal.

At least, as immortal as Grimnir, or the Snake Mother.

"Do you know if Ash trees can grow in Sacramento?"

It was a serious question, though the voyager with crimson smeared on her cheeks was grinning.

"And, if you had to guess, who is the eldest in the Domain, and who is the most Knowledgeable?"
    Floki. Mekhet. Carthian Movement. Striking Looks 2 (Rakish). Presence 1 (Removed).

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded when Floki commented that trees were sacred, "Trees are sacred and they are also very important for the welfare of the community. Without trees, soil would erode, habitats would be lost, and the kine population would need to find a different place to survive. Which is why we need to make sure that we keep the tree loss to a minimum."

"Yes, I do know if Ash trees can grow in Sacramento." Mable grinned a little mischievously.

"Hmmm, I don't try to delve into things like who is the oldest. As for knowledge, everyone here has a lot of knowledge and different sorts of knowledge. What are you looking for specifically?" Mable would point her in the right direction if she could.

6. Likes Cayce liked this post

Viking Bowie
    Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Presence
    (Removed)
    Floki

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'll make sure to buy some Ash saplings, then, and bring them," Floki promised. Then, she paused, and tapped a finger against her bloody cheek.

"You know, in the tales, a task like this would be coupled with a wager of some sort. Something to be won, or lost, depending upon the feats the participants can perform. Of course, I'm not quite sure what I would wager."

The voyager shrugged.

"As for Knowledge, I seek someone who knows of ancient things, or very, very strange things. The most interesting of things."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That is really sweet of you but you don't need to buy any trees." Mable did think that was really nice.

"Oh if you like to gamble, then Mr. Davis is your man to talk to. It is a hobby of his, you could say." Mable pointed back over to Davis. "And Krieg has some very interesting stories." She looked around til she found Krieg again.

"As to strange things," Mable looked around the room, "We are all a bit strange here. And Interesting is very subjective. Remember, I like trees." Mable laughed a light lilting laugh. "Shall we go meet people?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable will lead Floki back to the main court.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

closing this out

Closed Thread