Carries:
    Derringer
    Makarov
    Smartphone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sorry for the delay!

Nemo tried to regard the images with a blank expression, though there might have been a few flickers of discomfort.

"Looks to me like someone was given a minder," she finally said, her eyes on Winter. "The minder did what they were supposed to do, but obviously they weren't given the resources they needed. I mean, why would anyone let someone that hazardous just walk around? Clearly this is something...incredibly dangerous."
    Nemo. Thyrsus. Guardian of the Veil 1. Striking Looks (Androgynous).

2. Likes Ruach, Vincent liked this post

Public Identity: Yuri Solberg
    Eurydice

Nimbus:

Wounds seem to appear on Eurydice's forearms. From these long cuts slowly seeps a black smoky vapor. Her eyes also become completely black. When using higher magic or vulgar applications, these cuts seep the vapor out in greater quantity and at a higher rate, dousing her arms in swirling shadow. Likewise, in these instants, mournful singing spawns around her, as if sung by some distant, ethereal choir

PRE

As Eurydice viewed the images, the amicability slowly drained from her face, leaving a neutral expression as she began to analyze the imagery. Leaning forward, the Cleaner rests her elbows on the table before moving a hand to her chin, a curled finger touching her lips.

She frowns a bit as Winter discusses casualties, but the imagery itself did not affect her as much as some may expect. She was a Disciple of Death and, more than that, masking corpses was something she had had to do often. Too often.

Those casualties are too high. How long did the Sleepers investigate the deaths of their fellows I wonder?

For a moment, the concept of needing to expand her friends in the Sacramento Police filled Eurydice's mind. It could at least give the Awakened a leg up. A means to get ahead and try and clean these situations effectively in the future. However, this is not what the Susceptor had gathered the order for. Be it a test or a true investigation, Eurydice was ready to prove herself. Thus, she turned her attention to Nemo, nodding lightly as she speaks. Underneath the Faceshifter's casual nature was the mind of an investigator, or so it seemed for the moment.

In the silence that follows, despite the Susceptor not giving her the floor, Eurydice finally spoke. "If I may, Susceptor," she begins, "I am in agreement with Nemo. It seems clear the minder was not given the necessary resources to succeed in their work. Further, the idea that this... breach took the lives of 20-30 Sleepers is likewise troubling. Those numbers are significant enough to prompt some serious investigation among their law enforcement. Even if the case is closed, I am left to wonder if a handful of their number still investigate on their own. Police often want justice and I feel the after effects of this scenario could continue to prove quite problematic in the future unless subjected to appropriate follow-up. If this has been done, please understand I mean no offense. As you say, we weren't given the details."

Eurydice would pause to drink her tea, letting her words sink before she continues, "My apologies, I am aware that you are looking for a hypothesis. However, the scenario is leaving me with more questions than hypotheses. There are too many variables at play. Beyond the recording showing a minder performing her duty without the necessary tools, be that by design or circumstance, I have very little in the way of a hypothesis for it by itself. However, from an observational standpoint, I do believe the case merits further investigation due to the greater ripples of the issue prior to its... containment. If for no other reason it could allow us to ensure the Sleepers have locked the case away entirely."

Then, realizing the virtual flood of words she has offered, Eurydice quiets down. She could say more and part of her wanted to, but now was not the time.

4. Likes Ruach, Vincent liked this post
    Bump Vincent "Bump" this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"No offense taken", he sipped from his cup, swallowing its bitter content, "I've considered the possibility of a lone investigator escaping the curse of Quiescence, but again, the fire left very little for the curious. As for the culprits, this is the only available recording. Nobody outside this room has seen the tape or knows the full story", he pressed replay.

"What you're witnessing is the last stage of an abyssal infestation. The victim's name was... is Shrike. She's the heir of a long lineage of Proximii based in NYC. Her Awakening has been tainted somehow, but apparently she has managed to suppress the entity for years, well, at least until now",
    he adjusted the glasses nested on his brow before drawing a cigarette from the pack lying on the table.

"I couldn't inspect her body, the site of her death showed traces of a paradox in itself, so we're left with mere speculation",
    the cigarette shone orange in the darkness, "as you might know, we're short on people, sparing more than one handler is a luxury most caucuses can't afford. Nevertheless, in this case I assure you", he angled the cigarette toward the familiar visage of Crane, "she was more than capable of dealing with her, she's one of us after all", BOOM went the bomb, "and she's an hostile, now"

His voice played a note of concern, "Two targets, one is well versed in Forces and is equipped with military grade weapons - an antitank rifle - and trust me, she can shot. The other one - if still alive - might have kept her knowledge of life magic alongside any abyssal trickery she might have been corrupted with. I suspect mental control, the residents of the hotel had lost their grasp on sanity. Besides, Sarah Connor over there", he pointed to Crane again, "was behaving like somebody out of her mind", his torso pressed forward to the screen, "There's likely a third accomplice, whose identity is still unknown".

"We need to get the drop on them, maybe match their faces over a few databases, I doubt it will work but that's a start. In any case, if you find them, don't engage, they are dangerous, I'd rather capture and contain them than risk a confrontation",
    he leaned back in his chair.

"Questions?"

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Three peas in a pod, the Susceptor's lips curved slightly upwards from behind his tea filled mug. Apparently the entirety of this caucus was made up of quiet - no questions asked - types. Strange, given how lively Nemo had been at the Consilium meeting. Perhaps she had put a facade back then, or was it now that she was playing a piece? Maybe they were just thinking hard on the problem, to be fair, it was a lot to drag on their plates. Though, Eurydice seemed to have grasped quickly.

He cleared his throat, to break the impasse, so to speak. "Don't worry, it's gonna be dealt with", heh, the reassuring dad. In times past, his attempts at playing the role hadn't ended so well, his fingertips traced the contour of his wedding band.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread