Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(On the Hunt) Underground Party

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    J
    John Davis

Davis falls in behind Bruce Harcourt. The temptation to strike ever present as was the fear of another blast to the gut. Remember the First. Isolate him, then dispose of him, but wait for back up.

Who else was present tonight? The crowd was large. Davis determined to remain undercover in disguise until the moment was right. If things were to turn south and the probability was increasing, he could slip out in the crowd, none the wiser. However, the possibility also presented him with an opportunity to advance.

Davis maintained a safe distance as he followed Harcourt. Where is Mable? I'd feel safer knowing I had some claws in this fight.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Clara bashfully replied to Anemic dude. "Noooo. It's not people. It's the cameras. And my picture right after. I couldn't." She shook her head and laughed as if that explained the entirety of the issue. She paused and returned Anemic Dude's mischievous glean with an easy smile. "How would you fix me?"

Bubbly Voluptuous' comment caused Clara to turn to her. "Wow, so you've been with him since like the beginning! So what's this last project Bruce worked on? You guys just finished? No room for any extra talent?" She let a bit of opportunism slip into her voice. She didn't want these people to think she liked them just for them.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Jerry Game looked smugly across at Lina Moretti.

"Sure. Some of its blood. And shamanism! Tried and true practices of ancient times, with extra post modern boom from the snow and other goodly stuff. Want to try? Open your eyes to a whole new world of experience?"

Jerry Game, later day Mephistopheles. Watching as some of his sycophantic crowd dipped in eagerly.

Game himself did not partake of the 'blood balls'; rather, he rolled what appeared to be hair into a cheap cigarette and smoked it.

"Witches hair. Try some?"

Back in the main chamber, Anaemic Dude is studying Clara like a prize possession or a worthy challenge to be pitted against. He has the hookah now and smoke frames his face; Bubbly Voluptuous seems almost demonic in the haze; Coughing Guy has almost vanished completely (maybe he's snogging someone else in the group).

"Well. I know an artist. A painter. She kinda weird but... She sticks to herself mostly. A recluse. But I hear she takes good care of her models. I've known a few and none of them have a bad word about her."

"She the guy that painted that chick looking in the mirror? Scary as fuck!" Coughing Guy has to break in.

Anaemic Dude winced. "Yeah. That was from her private collection. She let it out a few years back. So... What do you think? If you camera shy, we can try Old School." There, the look of mischief again.

Colonel Davis, in disguise, was hidden in the milling crowd. Everyone seemed to be settling into a good time. Bruce Harcourt had moved of his own accord, and trailing a gaggle of hopefuls, was heading to the Dance Floor. That left Clara and her crowd in the main area and the bar cleared if Davis wanted to make some of his own discrete inquiries.

L
    Lina Moretti

With a coy smile, the small Daeva scooped out a little bit of the blood ball and gave it a sniff, letting her enhanced sense of smell play over it to determine its nature. Did it have that pull, that mystical je ne sais quoi of vampiric Vitae? The way he was pitching it, it sounded like a crock of shit, but if the proof was in the pudding...

Distraction. Game was rolling, and Moretti put down the blood ball at his offer of witches hair. Licks did drugs through the blood. Fit in, smoke the 'witches hair' - it wasn't like her dead lungs could really get her high anyway. Take that puff, mostly in the mouth. Blow it out. Pass it on, if anybody wanted it. Check the texts, see what Davis had sent, put it away.

"I thought you said this was going to get interesting..."

Playful. Like she could handle something more fun. More hardcore than these yahoos. She was trying to stoke the party, but she just wasn't quite getting it done...

fail to stoke this partyyy
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-10-17 13:26:01 Lina Moretti rolls 6 to Carousing (Manipulation + Socialize + SL) (10 Again) 7, 7, 1, 3, 4, 5 failure

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"By chance, if the gator is a 'no-show,' then are you just hunting rats or something? I can't image too many beasts running rampant down here." Ashley bit the side of her lip as she churned over whether it was worthwhile continuing on with whatever this bunch was planning.

"I'm Ashley, by the way. I didn't catch any of your names?" The devious Lord inquired. She could do a lot with a name.
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    J
    John Davis

Davis as Jefferson Smith walks up to the less crowded bar and gains the attention of the bartender. Without a hint of his real identity, Davis initiates a series of question and answers. "So man. This place, like, what's the deal? ... How often does this rave take place? ... What's down that way?..." Davis points toward the passage Ashley went down. "And is it true there is an all-white croc? ... Is Bruce friend's with the Animal Stalker from that television show?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The bar tender is relieved to be talking to someone other than Bruce's party set. In short order, Davis gets answers to his questions. He also winds up with a cocktail of some sort, crafted while he and the bartender converse.

"The place? Its Bruce's place. The Party Den. Don't know how he swung it or who he paid off to do it but a gig is a gig, you know?"

"Down that way. The Quiet Zone where you and some buddies can just sit and relax, man. Away from the bar. Away from the dance floor which is down that way. And if you are feeling brave, past the Quiet Zone are some of the really old tunnels. Like I hear stories... Bugsy used to help with security up till recently. He took off with a chick down one of those side passages and found, like, a real altar and shit. We went back there a day or so later and checked it out but found nothing. Just a dead end. I don't think Bugsy ever made out with that chick and... he took a job bouncing at the Nox soon after. Like, he won't even talk to us now..."

"My friend. Bruce is friends with everybody. Or so he says. I bet they have each others number."

"The Albino Aligator? Oh man that is one urban legend. Its, like myth. Only Bruce thinks its real and thinks there is one here in Sacramento. Which is really stupid because he is attracting cranks like that Ronnie G. You may have missed it but we had to kick that guy, Ronnie G, out. He's been, like, stalking Bruce or something. Ranting on about how there is more the Albino Aligator and Bruce should steer clear of it. He was haranguing some other people tonight. Thats why security had him booted out."

"If you catch up with Bruce, please don't talk of this Aligator shit. He'll have you on a wild goose chase through the sewers if you let him. Guy's obsessed."

Ashley Cohen is in the passages with the East European, the Sinister Hipster and the Toned Woman.

"Alexander is my name. One night I pick a fight with a demon dog and win! Later I find the hunt club and hunt mutants in old military base." East European shrugs depreciatingly.

Sinister Hipster smiled. Oh my, he smiled! "Lets just say I was a movie critic and Brucie thought it would be fun to watch me get eaten by an alien hybrid. Now I don't know if it was a cryptid or a demon or a survivor of a mythic animal but it was not nice. Oh and I lived. And got the appetite for this kind of thing. And I want to rub Brucie's nose in it and get a bigger kill ratio than he has. Stick it to him! You can me... Jethro." Sinister Hipster smiled again.

"Daphne. I'm just a bored trophy wife with too much time on my hands and not enough charities to waste my time on. So I do yoga and self defence classes. I came into Hunt club the usual way. Black spot and all. So far they've only let me out on small things. I want to try something... bigger. What about you?"

And that leaves Lina Moretti shopping up some bloody rice balls. The sticky masses do indeed smell of vampiric Vitae. If it is, its a miracle the Vitae hasn't gone inert yet; maybe it has and the sticky rice has simply gelled together in a gluey mass. The cigarette of 'witches hair' smells like burning human hair, with a touch of foreign spices here and there. Probably explains why the spliff burns out quickly.

Jerry Game is busy rolling another. His groupies are much more interested in the coke. One is timidly trying the bloody rice balls and making suitably impressed noises.

Game is watching Lina.

J
    John Davis

The information the bartender provides sends Davis's mind reeling into action.

"We are in the Underground. Do you know whose basement we are in? Like business? I've hit all the spots in Ol' Sac and this is the best. Just wondering who the neighbors are so I can smile and laugh when I walk by topside."

Davis picks up the cocktail and plays with it out of habit.

"Too bad about your friend Bugsy. I've been to the Nox. The place isn't as happening as it once was. Last time I was there I got cockblocked by a rat. Can you believe it? A rat. Damn thing ran across the foot of a girl I was flirting with and all the tail went screaming from the building. Including the private area. I never had enough cred to get in downstairs. Word is getting around that it just isn't the same scene under the new management. I don't guess that's a problem here? This place is packed. Plenty of girls. A man can get lucky tonight. You don't have any rats down here do you?" Davis joked.

"Thank you for the heads up about Bruce and the gator. I'll steer clear of that subject. Real cool that he might know that Crocodile Stalker dude. I saw him on the tv once. Big on hunting down cryptos. You know the Mothman, the Bigfoot, the Easter Bunny. Did you see the episode where he stalked the elusive Jabberwalky? Man, that was a good one."

"I'm not liking your description of this Ronnie G, cat. Sounds like a straight up buzz killer. I mean what could he possibly be talking about that is so concerning it could take Bruce away from hosting raves like this?"

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina just looks curiously at the ball of blood and rice in her hands, eyes narrowed. "Is that... animal blood? How is it not just... coagulated and chunky?" She glanced up at Game, then back down at the ball, which she placed back in the bag. Her interest found the witches hair. "Can I try that? Where'd you learn how to make drug enhancements like that? Funky stories aside."

Outwardly, she didn't believe in any of this voodoo shit.

Inwardly, she wondered if he had a vampire strung up somewhere.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread