Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1809) Moretti's Angels

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    C
    Cross

Rollback 2018: Summary

Lina Moretti, Clara E. Verne, and Blackbird met with Theo of the Carthian Movement, exchanging flirtation, witty banter, and basic information about Hunters and the city. During the thread, Clara advised Lina that she had secured a significant debt of Prestation from John Davis for her, which pleased the Priscus. Meanwhile, Blackbird was tempted by information about the Carthian Movement hinted at by the roguish Theo, who decided to hold off on going into it in detail while they were at Court. As the discussion progressed, they moved into discussion about whether or not they should turn their attention to the Prince at this early stage. Clara figured no; Blackbird and Lina figured yes; but in the end, the group remained and the last entry was Lina asking Theo what he wanted to accomplish in his next month in Sacramento...

T
    Theo

"Why, I'll keep myself fed and make sure I'm safe from the sun, Priscus Moretti."

"Beyond that, once I've seen to the necessary things to keep the Curse in check, I plan to live as much of a life as an immortal can. After all," Theo gestures around the room, slowly filling with monsters both big and small, "The time we spend in the company of fellow predators is such a small fraction of the time we have. A few hours here and there socializing and meeting new faces, a few weeks hunting Hunters. If you don't spend some time being a person, all you are is a monster. I'll go to some parties, donate some money to a theater, take some classes." If he sounded vague, it's because he was being vague. He wasn't the kind of person who comes into a city with some sort of multi-stage plan.

Or, if he was, he wouldn't tell someone he just met about it.

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird remained in the background of the group, her eyes turning to the greater court now and again. Then her eyes flitted back to Theo as he spoke.

The neonate's familiar smirk tugged at her lips as Theo vaguely shared his intentions for the coming month.

"You're view on the Requiem is... interesting, Theo," Blackbird offered. She perceived the Rogue's words as being a sort of focus on his Humanity and that perplexed the young vampire. She hadn't felt solid comforts among the kine in years, weathering instead under the predatory company of greater Beasts than her own. Michel had often gone to Court. And his little bird went with him.

That's got to be like playing with your food, right? Blackbird was uncertain whether or not she truly believed the thought. Maybe there was some truth in what Theo said. Maybe not.

However, Theo's intentions to take classes and partake in parties spoke to both the Academic and the would-be socialite wrapped deep in Blackbird's skin, pushing away her internal philosophical debate. Tilting her head, she'd paint her face with interest. Was Theo looking for a steady food source? Or... was his intention to learn?

What classes reach out to a rogue?

It was a curious thought, but best not to be asked as they were among the other Beasts. After all, the neonate had been instructed by her Whip to observe and practice more patience while in court. Blackbird chafed under the scrutiny, it had hurt her ego after all, but she respected Clara enough to take her suggestions to heart.

4. Likes Riks liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Clara marveled at Theo's ability to answer a question without saying anything at all. It was a skill honed over many years of careful existence, too often overlooked by Kindred that can erase blunders with Disciplines or bludgeon kine with Dominate.

Taken at face value Theo's words struck a chord with Clara, but she chalked it up to the Mekhet's ability to generalize and strip a concept to it's bare bones to the point that anyone could relate to anything. At its core the skill was a sort of refined version of How's the weather? Out of her periphery she noted Blackbird and the interest etched into her expression.

The Archon was exchanging pleasantries. Mable was taking the rakish Kindred to the Prince's circle. The Prince had yet to call on the attention of the Kindred of Sacramento. Clara's eyes narrowed. I spend Court watching and taking note of Kindred and their habits. One of these nights I'll get so sick of this I'll just disappear. "Interesting." Clara echoed Blackbird as her gaze returned to the Kindred in her orbit. Her smile was vaguely coy. "Interesting indeed. An interesting location for interesting Kindred to talk about their interests while not talking about the most interesting thing in the room: Namely, why here?" She glanced about the warehouse. "Curiosity is still a privilege I can indulge in, at least until it's ruined by being told why we're here."

The smile bloomed enough to bare the hint of a fang. "Anyone care to hazard a guess while we still can guess?"

L
    Lina Moretti

Blackbird appeared interested; Clara appeared bored - wasn't she always? - a point made all the more direct by her alliterative answer about the things that they weren't discussing. For her part, Moretti had a vague look of curiosity on even as detachment began to rise. She ought to have expected exactly that sort of answer. "A Shadow, giving a Shadow's reply? How silly of me not to expect it. Regardless - enjoy your classes, Theo. It's good to stay connected."

And with that, the attention was off him as the Bacchante was a moth to some new flame. Moretti gave Parker a muted smile and shrug, like 'wellp, that is how the Clara do'. Her eyes tracked up to the stage.

"I figure that's for a show."

Moretti shrugged, glancing at her cousins even as a thumb hiked over at the stage.

"Or making an announcement."

T
    Theo

Theo grins. "Thank you Blackbird. We can't all be brought into a clan known for it's effortless charm, Priscus Moretti."

"I'd assume because it isn't under the Nox." Theo makes a little gesture to take in the warehouse. "Having it here means that the Prince doesn't need to worry about the club full of people above us. That suggests that there's either going to be trouble, or something that's a risk to the Masquerade. I'm a cynic, so I assume she's going to execute someone." If he were in a position where he needed to execute someone and feared a conspiracy, he might hold it in a place like this, where if a fight broke out it wouldn't be where mortals might see.

Theo looks around the gathered vampires. "Who's missing?"

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird's eyes briefly locked on Floki in the distance as she was taken before the Seneschal, her smirk tugging wider for a moment.

Then the conversation turned to a more serious matter with a simple prod from Clara's lips, bringing the group back to the reality of the Court and Blackbird's attention returned to the Kindred in her direct vicinity.

"If I may, I'm unsure if announcement is the right word, Priscus," Blackbird offerred, "I believe the Prince would have simply held the Court at the Nox if that was the case. It's secure and familiar. Or she would have made use of the Madam Harpy to spread the word of her decree."

Blackbird's gaze shifted to the warehouse as a whole, taking in the aged details of the structure.

"I think statement is more fitting," the neonate said, her eyes shifting over to Lina, "After all, we are vulnerable here... All of us. I think the Prince wishes to use this night to establish her power base. I'd venture to say this is a power play. And, if Theo's suggestion is correct, making an example of an offending Kindred is certainly one way to handle such an affair."

It's genius. Even if that genius is being directed to stifle me. And others...

Blackbird would let the statement rest, allowing her brethren and Theo time to see her point of view. The entirety of the Domain was gathering in a place that none were familiar, save the Prince herself. The play was obvious, at least to the neonate. She could be wrong, but, frankly, the thought of failure in her perception rarely occurred to the little Daeva.

Blackbird's hand folded in front of her as she searched her memory and the faces now assembled in this strange structure. Not unlike Theo, Blackbird was curious to see who had not arrived, but she didn't trust her familiarity with the Kindred here enough to make assumptions of how many were left to arrive. She didn't even know everyone that was currently here, after all. Still, this meet and greet had gone on long enough, hadn't it? The neonate's eyes narrowed slightly at the situation the Kindred of Sacramento now found themselves in. There was an air of anticipation.

Anticipation left to hang too long can swiftly turn to impatience.

Then Blackbird dismissed the thought, committing herself to the belief that the Prince would not allow the situation to reach that point. For now.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

The chill of the Priscus of Clan Daeva was notable. The blunt shadow brought up the worst sort of show the Prince might put on. The cautious bird chose to lay her worry out eloquently. Clara's interest fell on each in turn and she let their words wash over her.

Then the Prince chirped up again. Clara couldn't make out everything, there were far too many conversations happening at once, but she was speaking towards the Judex. Not to the assembled Kindred. Clara brushed an invisible lock and had her fingers run along her cheek as if she were tucking it behind an ear.

She was thinking on Theo's question. Who was missing.

She scanned the room once and excluded those she was speaking to. The Prince, Twist, Vivian, Aaron, Ashley, Floki, Krieg, Weiss, John, Mable, Rebecca.

That left three. "A Reeve and two Shadows," she murmured with the anticipation of disquiet in her voice. Blackbird had the right of it. Moving Court here? Classic power move. Theo's observation on who was missing helped Clara to see what she otherwise might have missed. Then Lina made it clear: a show.

"Interesting," she said again, though the word rang a little hollow. The realization had sapped her of any remaining curiosity. Clara took another moment to collect her thoughts. She was readying herself for the possibility of a strong show of force. "To have this meeting as we're learning the full scope of the Hunter threat," she paused. "The statement must be one to remember."

L
    Lina Moretti

A little smile crossed Moretti's face, cold and sure. Now they were getting it: a statement, an execution, a midnight show. Blackbird went around in a circle, saying dozens to expand on the single word she'd said. Clara did the math. Theo earned a chuckle. Right to business, and so very pessimistic...

A Reeve, and two Shadows. The absence of Takeda and Izayoi had been noted, of course. It had been a hot minute since she had seen either of them, since her first Court - and where was Lawrence Taft? It was a somber concept, one that left her concerned. Was this just the worried musing of neonates?

Glancing to Blackbird, she murmured, "It is good that you accept your vulnerability," she said, glancing at the uniform-clad Knight of the First Estate, "Some go to great lengths try to act like they're bulletproof. I've never understood why. There is something so smart about a person who knows precisely where they stand - for you are right. We are here, and vulnerable - and we put our faith in the Prince and in each other to ensure that we are safe."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca approached slowly, her Catalyst renewing its desire to flee or flay. Holding on to her friendly mask for control she tilted her head slightly and said, "Good evening Priscus Moretti. Whip Verne. A pleasure to see you both again, despite the events of this evening." Her head then turned slightly and said, "It's good to see you again Ms. Blackbird. I hope you've been well."

Then her eyes shifted to the shadow she had yet to meet. Her smile was friendly and pleasant as she spoke to the man with the roguish good looks . "I don't believe I've had the pleasure. I'm Madam Harpy Simmons, Clan Ventrue," she said, offering her hand.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 21

You do not have permission to view the list of names.