Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Smirking, “Then we shall have to have one! Or many!” while Nana was different than Mhairi, Sera still found herself drawn to her.

“I believe the park is what helped bring us together once again. Gave us a common space once again to meet and be ourselves to a certain extent. And Mhairi leaving was sad, but I have hope that she may return someday. When she has completed what she has set out to do. Until then, it seems Autumn has almost blossomed overnight. I’m eager to see what you are able to do as a Court.” She had no ill will towards Autumn, every Court had its own crazy.

“I also believe a record would also be a way to record those who were lost when things fell. A way to keep their names in others memories, their passing not in vain.” But she had no clue how to go about that, the only one who would remember would be Sasha.

Sapphires widen, “Oh, a séance?! Now that sounds both exciting and frightening!” if she was being honest. “Ghost kinda freak me out, probably too many bad movies on Netflix, but they are also fascinating at the same time. Weird huh?” how could something both frighten and fascinate?

But fear? She knew all to well how fear was useful. Her mother used it, her ex used it and her Keeper used it. Maybe that’s why she didn’t go to Autumn. She’d had enough fear in her life, and wanted no more.

“Fear is also powerful and a phenomenal motivator.” But too much of it could render someone useless.

“Everyone likes to feel useful, despite everything else, we all want to be useful. And it’s finding what makes us useful that makes for our journey’s. And to be honest, needles are terrifying!” she says with a shudder and giggle. “But I don’t think you’re the Seeming stereotype at all.” Some used fear as the only tool they had, Nana struck her as the type to use it when needed.

“A sampler huh?” she looks thoughtful for a moment, “You know, you might be on to something there.” It could work, in a weird way.

“Home for me?” could it really be called a home? She still wasn’t sure, “A small town in the heartland, nothing special. One of those places that once you drive thru it, you forget it.” Kind of like what she wanted to do.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

Nana chuckled with the enthusiasm for adventure. “I’m sure we will, things do feel livelier here.” A smaller freehold meant less help, but certainly more opportunity.

She listened, nodding as Sera spoke of Mhairi and the park, taking another sip of her drink. “It would have been an honor to meet her from what I’ve heard. I was surprised to find Autumn so full in my arrival too. We’ll just have to make it something special, try and tempt her back.”

“How sweet.” Nana said with a tilt of her head with Sera’s remembrance of the fallen. “Not to condescend. So often we are the only ones who know the truth in these matters.” The mask or worse yet Fetch only a mockery. She wasn’t sure where such a thing could reside safely until a thought made her eyebrow twitch. “At the mixer – there was talk of a shared Hollow. If we are able to bring such a dream to life, perhaps a wall for the twice Lost could be dedicated. I would be – comforted knowing there was such a place here should that fate come my way.”

All of which made her laugh darkly with continued talk of ghosts. “I think that’s how all fear works. There’s always a bit of fascination to it. I admit that I found the idea of earthbound souls somewhat more depressing than terrifying. To think that what lay after that final, great unknown – is more the same.” She wasn’t religious, but she’d take hell over a waiting room. “Or nosy fairies snooping around, but maybe we’d find more Caspers than not.”

She nodded and gave another soft, or as soft as her features allowed anyway, smile. “That’s kind of you. I do suppose we're all more alike than not anyway.” The Fairest had yet to see how deep Nana’s spite and bitterness could run, but she was glad her efforts to be sociable had been going well. She hummed in thought as Sera only touches on her history.

She took another sip of her tea, close to finishing it. “Hm, I always thought of those places as romantic. Fantasies only – I’m sure I’d go insane in a country house, but that’s the way of things isn’t it? The country looks idyllic from the city that seems like freedom in return.” She trailed off in thought, that wish to escape part of what her Keeper had preyed upon. “Well, I think it is part of Sacramento’s charm for me so far. There are notes of both.” She had already given up so much of her previous life, a new home wouldn’t be such a terrible thing to have found.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

An absent nod, “I look forward to seeing how Autumn takes it shape with new leadership. And should she decide to return one day, I’m sure she’ll be delighted to see how large its become. And support whoever the Wyrd Crowns.” A smile. She didn’t want Nana to think she had something against someone else wearing the Crown. Or that whoever did couldn’t live up to the Elemental. Cause that wasn’t what she was trying to say.

A hand waved dismissively, “No worries.” She knew there would be some who wouldn’t agree, and some who would. “And where we are the only ones to know, they need to be remembered for those who come after us. No one should die defending a Freehold and not be remembered in some way. It’s just cold to forget.” At least to her. “A wall or something the Freehold decides upon. Sasha would know the names I believe.”

As she sips her coffee, there was a nod, “You know? I’ve never really thought of it that way. The whole depressing thing. You always hear from one source or another about what there is after we die. But if it’s being stuck here again, not able to really talk with anyone or do what brought you happiness? Then yah, that’s depressing as hell. Though I suppose there is the ability to scare people.” A shrug, maybe a bonus.

“I believe at our cores, we’re very similar. The basic wants and needs, what drives us forward.”
    Sera had always strived to not be the stereotypical Spring.

There was a chuckle, “In some ways, it is. You grow up sheltered in some aspects, not really seeing the brutality of the world. So in some ways, the cities are terrifying, overwhelming in a way. Now I saw more cities than others, but I was in pageants, paraded around to please my mother. So the shock wore off pretty quickly.” Maybe it was how naïve she had been that lead to her downward spiral? “Sacramento does have a certain charm."

Picking a piece off a muffin, “So what do you enjoy doing when you're not saving lives or hunting for Goblin Fruit? Any hobbies?” she was genuinely curious.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

“I would hope so, even if a former Queen would have the most right of any to dissent.” She mused with thoughts of how much tension surrounded the crown even now. “Our kind of leadership is odd. I never thought of myself as someone to follow a monarchy. It isn’t like I have much experience with what makes a good or bad Sovereign.” Her last Freehold had a rule of power that justified itself so long as everyone felt safe.

The mention of Sasha and a memorial wall had Nana hum with the thought. “It would be fitting for Winter to hold that honor. The Freehold is lucky to have such a caring Queen as Sasha.” She truly believed that, the warmth from the Winter Soveriegn had greatly impressed her. “We should mention it to her once the Hollow begins to take shape.”

As Sera spoke about the glum side of spirits, Nana felt a twinge of guilt. It felt nearly criminal to depress a Spring courtier. Which is why she laughed when Sera voiced haunting as a bonus. “Exactly. Autumn’s taught me that there’s a cathartic feeling in being the frightening thing. Perhaps watching the living scatter from a footstep or a slammed door is a bright spot.”

“The Freehold here – our Freehold has helped show me that, yes.”
    She nodded in agreement. “The harmony between seasons teaches something more than any Court alone here.” She listened with real interest as Sera opened up some about her past. Nana hadn't even known if Sera had been beautiful before her Durance, even if that wasn't unusual for Fairest. “Oh, pageants? That would prepare you. You’re likely tougher than most then, I found those more terrifying than any crowded subway. Then again, I would be treated far differently in a crowd than you.” She said of Sera’s impossible to ignore looks, but without envy attached. “Does it ever – I’m not sure how to ask this. Tire? To be in the spotlight, just by being, or is that what the pageants help prepare for too?”

She finishes her drink, chewing at the last of the boba. “That was delicious, thank you – I’m glad I tried it.” The question over her hobbies had her chuckle and shrug. “Nothing exciting. Reading, mostly. Not all of it even productive. The internet has – changed since I came back.” She had lost both real and imagined time in Arcadia, she'd never been on the cutting edge even so. “It was there when I was taken, but so were pagers. There’s so much more now.” All that held her back from being lost fully on it was her dubious credentials having her rely on public connections and avoid purchasing anything. “Books I’d have to track down before, even in some flea market bin for fifty cents, are just -- free. Having lost my own collection, revisiting old favorites has been life-saving. Much as I dislike the dramatics of saying that, but sitting down with a good book was a memory that led me back.”

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

There was a nod, “I’ve seen some bad ones, more power hungry than thinking of the Court as a whole. Which was a nightmare to say the least. I didn’t sticking around too long, it felt selfish to me, and I hate that.” She had selfish tendencies, everyone did. But when it came to a Court or Freehold, there was no place for it. “I’ve seen Spring here with different Sovereigns. Someone even tried to pass the Crown off on me.” She shakes her head and laughs, “A leader I am not.” Maybe someday though.

“Good idea! I’d be interested to know what she thinks of it.” Maybe she’d think it was a stupid idea. Which would hurt, but she’d move on. “And yes, we are lucky. She gave me my first job when I got here, was a lifesaver.” Most people didn’t see a Winter as being warm and caring, but Sasha was.

She beamed at hearing Nana laugh. “Don’t get me wrong, I’d hate to get scared like that, but it has to be an added bonus. Always a bright side to something.” She hated being scared, wasn’t fun to her.

“Yeah, those had been my mothers idea. She was one of those stage moms who pushed their kids to do things they never could.” It had been fun at first, but that didn’t last long. “It wasn’t easy, I used to have horrible stage fright!” oh how that had upset her mother.

It was an interesting question, not one she’d been asked before. “Uh, well, to be honest? Yah, it does. It’s hard to just go out and blend in. The pageants helped teach that a smile can always win over a crowd. And maybe, it some ways, I’ve become immune to people looking at me, though it is hard to tell who is genuine at times.” A shrug, so goes life.

“You’re most welcome! You’ll have to try the other flavors sometime.” It was always exciting when someone tried something new and liked it.

“Oh, reading! What do you like to read?” she asks eagerly. “I love reading myself, though sadly, I haven’t read much lately.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

“I imagine. It can happen to any, but I worry a great deal with my own court, given our usual interests. Some bluster about what they know. It can be worrying though.” The knowledge that Sera had almost taken the crown had Nana’s eyebrow raise, a smile creeping to her face. “Really? I can’t say I blame you. I much prefer an advisory role in these matters myself. For what it’s worth, I can see why they would make the offer. This café shows you’re capable of handling yourself at least.” It had certainly impressed Nana to see someone from a Court she mostly understood as flighty create something so professional.

Hearing of Sasha’s kindness in Sera’s history only affirmed Nana’s own thoughts on the Monarch she hadn’t expected to be so warm. When Sera spoke of an overbearing mother, it brought a small sigh from Nana. “That couldn’t have been easy. Doing well in school became the excuse to avoid my mother’s expectations. Which is very much how I used it. She worked as a hairdresser, but I think she just wanted to brag about her children. It didn’t matter so much what about.” She chuckled some at the thought it brought up of her own mother’s skewed perspective of Nana’s plain looks she had inherited. “She was certain she could have styled me so well I’d have a chance to win, if only she’d let me.”

She hummed in consideration of just how genuine that adoration was for someone like Sera. “That was always what I wondered. It must be one thing when there’s a scholarship or prize money at stake. Just out on the street must be exhausting. Though, having to remind people who I am isn’t the greatest perk of being less remarkable either.” She was certain Sera knew far more about the give and take of beauty.

“That would be lovely.”
    She said with a tilt of her head and easy smile. “I will certainly have to come back for the open mic one of these nights.”

It can be hard to get find the time. For pleasure reading, I tend towards historical fiction. Medical, thriller, crime. Always more exciting than just a history book and I never did like the fantastical. Seemed too farfetched.” She let her Wyrd shaped fingers tap at countertop. “I'm not so steadfast on that anymore. What of yourself?”

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

A nod, “I can see how that could be worrying. But there seem to be a lot of well-rounded Autumns in the Freehold now.” At least she thought so.

Shrugging, “I’ve never been a leader or wanted to be one. Not that I blindly follow, hardly.” A smirk, “But I’m not after power within the Freehold. Just want to live my best life and help those around me thrive and achieve their dreams and desires. And this,” a glance around, “was a step towards that.” It helped her Court in a few ways.

She wasn’t expecting to hear that Nana had an overbearing mother as well. “It’s amazing how we find things to help us cope and escape things around us. What did she want you to win?” for the Nix it had been crowns and sashes her mother could display and brag about.

A slight nod, “It can be exhausting at times. I’ve sometimes wondered what it’s like to blend in and just fly below the radar so to speak.” A small smile before a frown, “You won’t ever have to remind me who you are. Beauty doesn’t make one remarkable, at least not to me. It’s deeper than that in my opinion. So don’t you down play yourself, I think you’re pretty remarkable.” From her tone, it sounded like she meant it.

Then a wide beaming smile, “That would be great! I’d love to have you here! And I’ll make sure I have another delicious tea for you to try.” A few ideas already forming in her head.

“Actually, it’s similar to yours. I’ve enjoyed a few good medical themed books, more centered around virus’s, I find them fascinating. But some historical books are pretty good, though it is hard to find one that doesn’t put you to sleep.” A chuckle. “Any good thriller books you can recommend?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

“I’m very pleased myself.” She straightened up in her seat with talk of her court’s current disposition. “Some tension is only natural, but I don't think it's anything other than growing pains.” She nodded in agreement to Sera’s position about leadership. “I feel much the same. I would always rather helping others rise ranks than take them myself. I’m not meant for the social show of it all anyway. I'd end up trying to hide from meetings half the time anyway, I'm sure. Much better to let those eager take the lead."

She looked down at her hands as she spoke about her mother. A strange similarity in some of the lines were both a happy and cruel memory. “Indeed. Scholarship to a local beauty school would crop up every year. Contestants were supposed to be both subject and model, showing skills off on themselves. With ‘light help’ from guardians allowed. I’m sure you can imagine how hands on most parents were.” She looked up, shrugging – it the least of the problems she had with her mother. “I never faulted her for pushing it the way she did. That path had brought her freedom. She only wanted the same for me, even if she kept all the limits she had felt. It’s the problem with children, as far as I understand. Parents can only give what they themselves have – even when it’s not enough.” She heard the bitterness in her words, but didn’t act to soften it. Reconciliation was out of the question anyway.

“I’m looking forward to it.” She forced a smile back on, which quickly became easier when mirroring Sera’s own beam. She fished out her wallet from her inside suit pocket as she gave her book recommendation, surprised by how similar their tastes were. “Really? The outbreak story line really is always compelling and yes -- so much better when it's not just a report. I did get my hands on a copy of a more recent book. Thriller, mystery definitely. Not actually my usual fare, but you will probably see why it peaked my interest. The Changeling by LaValle – I forget his first name.” She pulled out enough bills to pay for the tea and with generous tip, setting it on the counter. “I enjoyed it, but some of its fantasy touched a little close to home. I wonder if it wasn’t a Muse of our sort to inspire it – if not from a deeper experience. Coincidence only, I’m sure, with how out in the open it is. Still, perhaps you can tell me what you think if you do read it.” She gave a small wink at the minor mystery as she put her wallet away.

She collected herself and stood up. “Thank you again, this was wonderful. I should be getting myself going. After things settle from the Coronation, I would love to come back. As always, do be in touch if you need anything in the meantime.” After this, she did mean it, smiling as they finished up and she’d make her way for the door.

Sorry to be pushing this to the wire, hope feeling good to wrap. Was a great scene, much thanks! ^^

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

It was a great scene! Thank you so much and I look forward to more!
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread