Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Garden Grounds had closed for the night, but its owner was still there.

Lights still burned in the windows, fairy lights still twinkled in the hanging flowers, but the sign said it was closed for a private event.

There was fresh decaf coffee and tea being made, she remembered what Nana had said. Pastries were pulled from the display and placed on a plate, arranged artfully.

The Nix herself? She as dressed very differently than when she last spoke with Nana. Tonight she wore a white sweater dress with knee high brown boots. Her long silver and gold spun mane was in soft waves around her shoulders and back. A necklace that caught the lights and shimmered in various colors hung around her neck. It appeared to be a mystic topaz.

She was absently singing quietly as she worked behind the counter.
    Nana PiggySaysWhat
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

Nana parks a block from Garden Grounds. She didn’t think a dingy van parked out front was a kind thing to leave at her host’s doorstep, closed or not. She wore a simple suit – sprucing with a loose bow in her attempt at fashion.

Her twinge of worry over being able to find the place vanished when she walked in front of the flickering lights of the charmed place. Her eyes drawn up to the decorative foliage before raising a hand in greeting to the kind Siren behind the bar.

“Sera, this place is lovely.” She offered a true smile, even as her stretched face seemed to creak in the gesture. “You didn’t need to close, but I do appreciate being able to talk openly.”

Seraphina’s looks nearly overshadowed the sparkle of that topaz. “Is this the piece you mentioned?” She leaned forward over the counter in inspection as she walked up. She gave a small chuckle. “Ah, apologies – it’s certainly captivating. How are you tonight?”

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Sera raises her hand in return, a wide smile on her face as Nana entered, “Thank you!” she beamed from the compliment. It never got old to hear good things about the place. A hand was then waved dismissively, “It was a busy day with college kids getting back in town, so closing a bit early was a welcome break. And like you said, we can talk openly, much better than coded talk. I hate that.” Sera knew why it was important, but it still irritated her. "But I love your suit! Especially the bow! Very cute!" gushed the Treasured.

Piece she mentioned? It took her a few seconds before seeing Nana lean forward, and then she got it.

The necklace.

“Oh,” a hand goes up and touches it absently, “yes it is! This is the piece I was able to make. And no worries.” She was quite proud of the jewel.

“Can’t really complain, been busy all day, which is good. Though I’m looking forward to sitting down and getting to talk with you more.” Which was true. Despite her severe presence, Nana was quite enjoyable to talk with. “How about you? Been settling in nicely?” sometimes getting settled was the hardest thing about moving to a new place.

She then gestures to the various machines, “So I remembered you mentioned avoiding caffeine, so I have some decaff coffee as well as some hot and cold teas that don’t have caffeine either. The cold teas can even come with boba in them," she reaches for a container and takes out a small spoon to show the boba, "some are tapioca flavored, and some are a wide variety of other flavors. Or water if you prefer.” It wouldn’t hurt her feelings if the Wizend declined the tea.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

Nana returned the smile, finding it difficult to be too sour around the beaming Fairest. “Oh, I suppose it is that time of year for colleges, isn’t it? I always found that much excitable youth, particularly all crammed together, so taxing. Double when I had more of it myself.”

The compliment to her outfit had a mild flush creep at her neck and cheeks. ‘Cute’ wasn’t a word she heard directed her way often. “Thank you, I’ve been trying to have a little bit more fun with things. Most everyone has been so relaxed and, well, we do hover around an amusement park. I might even try a color or two one day.” She added as something between a joke at herself and an actual consideration.

“It is truly stunning. I imagine having crafted it yourself must make all the difference. There’s nothing quite like being sure everything is just so.” She’d never been a fan of jewelry before she was taken. Now that she knew the kind of power that objects could carry, they’d stopped being simple rocks and metals to her though.

“Yes, I was looking forward to this myself. I have been settling in well enough, I think. I don’t keep many things and certainly nothing I couldn’t part with easily. That makes every city feel as accessible as any other.” Her eyes wandered down to the counter as it struck her just how brittle an existence that sounded like once she’d actually voiced it. She looked back up shortly. “I think the greatest change I’ve been trying to adjust to is the ease of everyone here. I’d grown accustomed to being guarded. New York expected it in a way that feels out of place on this coast. Relaxing now has been an odd, if welcome, change.”

When Sera switched gears to attentive host, her own head eased to the side and easy smile returned. “It all sounds excellent.” The appearance and display of the boba had her lean in again to inspect it. The similarities to fish eggs had her strange appetites peaked. “Right, yes – the ‘bubble’ teas. I admit I only saw a choking hazard when I learned of it the first time.” She chuckled gently as her morbid sort of humor made an appearance. “I’ve never tried before and welcome the chance. Tapioca paired with what iced tea you think would complement best, thank you.” She would have been just shooting in the dark with an preference anyway.

She settled into a seat at the counter and folded her harsh hands on top of one another. “How have you enjoyed this sort of business? No one actually wants for my sort of customer service. I imagine the people watching alone must be engaging.”

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

There was a light musical laugh, “Oh, they can be quite taxing! Especially when they want to come and study here, I’ve had some make the stupidest requests.” Her eyes roll.

“Oh, color! Any specific colors? Even just the littlest pop of color can completely transform any outfit. Everything from lipstick to a colorful necklace. Or hell, even shoes! Plus, I think it adds a bit of confidence to how you carry yourself. Least, that’s how I view it.”
    But she liked color.

Beaming once again, “Thank you! I am quite proud of it, even got to visit a traveling market to get some of the ingredients. Which was exciting, a bit terrifying, but exciting.” A laugh again.

Nodding, “I arrived with only a couple outfits and an old leather jacket. So a testament to how welcoming the Freehold and city are. When I arrived, Edna’s was being used as a Boarding House, and I was lucky enough to get to stay there. Kinda think the Freehold could do with another boarding house type place, give those who need it a warm place to sleep.” It had been her first goal after Edna’s was moved.

“You’re from New York?” she asks, “Was it a difficult Freehold? I know the way we do things is a little against the norm. But it works for us. And I’m glad to hear you’ve at been able to feel like you can relax.” It was good to hear that new Lost were settling in well.

Smirking, “I could see that with the boba.” She says looking at the yellow ones, “But they are very delicate and burst with flavor at the slightest pressure. And it’s usually drank with a straw.” But she was game! “Hmmm,” a finger rests against her lips and looks at the various flavors she had, “How about a Rosebud Milk Tea with the tapioca boba? The milk in the tea actually isn’t dairy milk, it’s jasmine tea mixed with a dairy substitute.” Cause some people were allergic to milk. If Nana agreed, Sera would set to work. Tea was brewed, things were mixed, boba were added to the cup.

Sliding the cup and the plate of various breads, pastries and muffins toward Nana, she pours herself a cup of coffee. Leaning against the counter, “At first, I wasn’t too sure about it. I’ve never done anything like it before, but I wanted a place of my own to sing at. But there are tones of those, so I figure why not add something else to it? And coffee has a low overhead and people are always buying it. And as the months have gone by, it’s grown on me! I enjoy meeting people, and yes, the people watching is a blast! I can find myself a little table in the back, sip some coffee and just observe.” Speaking of sipping coffee.

“The darker and scarier side of things are hard to want. But it’s a necessity to life as we know it. Don’t get me wrong, I hope to never need it either,” a lopsided smile, “but I’m glad to know it’s there and could save my life someday. Does it keep you busy?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

“Poor things.” Her concern dripped amusement for the unabashed idiocy she knew possible with youth. “Going somewhere to learn just how little they know. Their exam season is a treat though. They get so nervous.”

Nana caught herself raising a hand up, resting her chin between splintered fingers. The excitement from a living statue talking about color was a beautiful absurd that had her grinning and not remembering when she’d started. “I’ve come to notice it that way, yes. I used to think none of it mattered, clothing and such. I see now I did the same thing though, just with different accessories. The stethoscope, the lab coat, the EKG, the blood bag.” The mention had her remember a question was asked. “Red. A splash on white. It draws the eye, doesn’t it?”

“You’ve actually attended a market?” Her eyebrow pulled tighter up in surprise. “I only ever traded with go-betweens of Autumn. They were very strict about who was officially allowed to attend. Someone new selling away too great a secret was seen as overly risky.” She was impressed and it continued through with talk of those humble beginnings. “That’s true, isn’t it – The Haunted House came at a loss of the room for those that need it. An ensorcelled in something similar could be a temporary measure at least, but I agree it's a shame to be without.”

Then the question of New York, The Fortress of Coins, reminded her why she was normally wary around Fairest. She trusted that Seraphina’s natural orchestra of a voice was out of the woman’s control and not meant to lead her to crash against rocks. “In some ways it was, yes, but it was also – honest.” It was only a trust though. She straightened up, letting her hand drop back to rest folded over the other on the counter. “I appreciated that and it’s what I needed in my return. Everything had value and no one was ever tricked – only careless when their secrets were sold. It was an important lesson to remember – it just never ended. This place does feel like luxury as a result of all that too though.”

The switch to the tea wasn’t unwelcome. She listened with an idle nod of her head until she gave a final one of approval. “That sounds lovely, I’ll have one. Thank you.” She watched Sera brew as she would any other craftsman before pulling the cup closer to herself and taking in the jasmine aroma. “I think it’s very sensible. You could have just rented out a performance space between singing only as you wanted, but adding a business like this is so much more stable. It’s inspiring, double so for those just returning and wondering what life they could have after I imagine.”

S
    he leaned forward to sip the tea from the straw and she let out a plased sound at the only slightly odd sensation of the boba added to the liquid. “Mm, it’s very nice. I don’t think I would have tried such a thing otherwise, I’m glad I did.” With the topic of her work she shrugged lightly. “Somewhat. It’s uneven. Some nights are hectic, others only a check-in and glorified babysitting. I’m paid as much for my discretion as my skills, but I do wish it had more consistency.”

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Nodding, “That they do, and they buy a lot of coffee.” A wink, it was good for business. “I understand the need for an education, but I think nothing prepares you like experience. Real hands on experience.” College had never been in the cards for her. And there were times that bothered her. What might have been if she went off to school?

“Don’t get me wrong, there are definitely more important things going on than fashion and what one wears. But I’ve always felt a little more full of life with something colorful or eye catching on.” She looked good in any color, but favored bright ones. An eyebrow raised in question, “Red splashed on white?” like blood? “Well, yeah, sure, it does draw the eye. They’re quite a contrast.” Though she supposed with Nana’s work, it was more common for her.

Taking a careful sip of the hot coffee, she nods, “It was a traveling market, but yah. I meet up with the previous Queen of Autumn there and another Spring. Who helped make the deals to get the items I needed. Fascinating thing to see and experience.” A bit scary, but fun.

“But it does make for a great attraction at the park. Especially around Halloween, it’s packed! Plus, I’ve heard it’s really haunted.” True story. “But it would be nice to have something setup for people to use if they needed.” Maybe someday.

Honest. Not something she’d heard to describe a city.

But as Nana explained, she realized what she meant. “Ah. Some might view that as harsh for someone just returning, but in a way, it’s needed. We need to be both careful, and smart, if we’re to survive. But I think it has a time and place.” Lessons like that that never end? Too much.

“Thank you! It was quite a leap of faith to do. But sometimes I think we all need to just do something, even if it scares us.” Another sip of coffee.

Beaming, “I’m glad you like it! It’s a milder flavor, but with a bit of sweetness. And the smell! I can’t get over the smell of it! I’d brew it all day if I could.” A light laugh.

“So what do you do to pass the time when it’s glorified babysitting?” did she read, or something? “Consistency is good. I personally prefer hectic, it makes the night seem to fly by. Are some Freeholds more busy than others?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

“That was what I found myself. All my education was more accurately trade school. The academia of it was interesting, if like a hobby -- but I only truly learned in practice.” A torture in her durance, but she had come out of it skilled.

She nodded with the talk of fashion, not noticing anything odd about the raised brow. “That is something it took me some time to realize had changed. I’ve become more aware of being seen. Drawing an eye with color does give a certain kick.” That her Hidden Life meant she had to work twice as hard to be remembered when she wanted to be had added a challenge to it.

“Ah, I wish I could have met them.” She said as Sera explained the market particulars. “There is such history here and I’ve heard so many good things of the former Autumn Queens. It seems so funny to call things an adventure, but I imagine it really was.”

The talk of haunting had he leaning in again. “Yes, I read up on its history. Fascinating. I remember there was a little talk at the mixer of bothering the spirits around here. I do wonder what any at Edna’s would think of what we’ve done with the place.”

She took another sip of the tea before leaning back and nodding. “I do not regret it, but yes – it felt like I was still running at times. Of course, there’s that matter of honesty again – but, well – there is quality of life to consider. Even fear has only so many lessons to teach. How did you come to Spring, if you don't mind the question?”

“You should be very proud for leaping then. I think it’s especially true for us. We were given such narrow lives, or at least – I was expected to perform only one function. Breaking free of the limits that only we set for ourselves now is important.” She swirled the straw in her tea as she looked down into it. “What’s interest and what’s only routine has gotten muddy for me at times.”

She looked up and smiled. “Yes, the smell is wonderful. A key to taste. So much of flavor gets overly busy I find and having something quiet and simple has grown on me over time.” That she knew the taste of the Vital Spark itself having much to do with how she viewed food and drink too.

“Listen, mostly. Only about one-third of what a patient says is useful, but telling them to tighten up never helps. Even with the dubious legality of the clients I tend to, it’s always painfully mundane.” She shrugged, she knew her social handicaps were part of why she had to let people ramble in the hope of telling her what she actually wanted to know.

“I would guess size makes a difference for Freeholds. Though even that is so hard to tell. New York was busy all by itself and perhaps it just made everything feel more tightly wound even if we were never the majority of the population or anything.” She’d often wondered about the census data there, not even counting any Changelings that had gone fully into hiding.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

There was an eager nod, “I’ve always learned best through a more hands on type thing. I can read how to do something all day, but until I try it myself, it means nothing. But I do find it fascinating how everyone seems to learn differently. Like how some can learn by reading or simply observing, pretty cool.” It was to her anyway.

“Adds a little something to your day too.” Whenever she wore something colorful, she walked differently.

“I’m sure another one will come by, and when it does, we’ll go have our own adventure! And yes, there is a rich history to the Freehold. It’s one hundred percent different than when I first arrived. We’ve really turned things around. But I’d like to find a way to preserve the history to pass along as the years go by.” History was important.

Grinning, “Maybe someone should try talking with them. It’s not my specialty, but surly someone knows how to communicate with them. I bet they’d have some great stories to tell!” while it would be creepy, it would still be exciting.

Nodding, “I think there is nothing wrong with a healthy fear. We all have something we fear, it’s simply a part of life.” She had her own fears, though she wasn’t about to share them.

“As for me and Spring,” she say before taking another sip, “it just kind of happened. Each Court had its own draw to me, but it was what Spring stood for that really hit home for me. I refused to live my new life as a victim and always look over my shoulder. I had a hope in me that drove to me to want something better, to give my Keeper the middle finger and not let them defeat me. So I choose to enjoy my new life, and not let them take living from me. Plus, I have this knack for seeking others Desires and helping them see them come to fruition.” A shrug as another sip was taken. “How about you? What drew you to Autumn?” was only fair to ask her.

The cup was set down and more coffee poured into it, “I get that. I too only had one purpose, and I hated it. Which is why I think it’s so important for us to chase any dream or desire we have.” It’s why she was a Spring. “Have you found a way to help make it, less, muddy?” if not, maybe she could help.

Eagerly nodding, “Exactly! While I have some crazy flavors that are fun, sometimes it’s all about the simple. So I’ve worked to make sure I have quite a few more simple type flavors to choose from, something for everyone.” Crazy could be fun, and different, but simple was just, well, needed sometimes.

“Wow, only one-third? I wonder if that’s from them being injured, or maybe nervous?” or maybe they couldn’t share.

“I’ve heard that this used to be quite a good sized Freehold. Well, before things went to hell of course. I’ve been to New York a few times before, as a kid, and always found how busy it was and all the buildings, captivating.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

“Yes, I think it’s nice seeing how we all differ that way, keeps some mystery to what’s usually just patience.” She took another sip of her drink, smiling at the woman’s enthusiasm to a place where she herself would have been the greatest treasure. “I do love adventure.”

She nodded, equally enjoying that a Spring would show interest in the permanence of history. “The rumors I drudged up before I left painted a very different picture from what I arrived to. An amusement park after a great upheaval, my court without a crown bearer, it made it sound scattered. I see now how proud you all should be for weathering what you have. A record of that hidden away for any honored guests from another Freehold would be nice, beyond what it would surely mean to those here.”

“Exactly,” she added with a small laugh to the talk of ghosts. “I thought of seances the same way I did of jewelry, but now? When else would I get the chance?”

She listened to the musical story of Spring. “That’s wonderful, the match was made. I think we’re very similar in a way. I also saw a piece of myself in each court. Spring in its own way too.” She looked down at her hands truly withered to the bone by her work. “That wasn’t the lesson I was best at teaching though. I wanted most of all to prevent the injury. Fear is useful.”

She looked up to Sera and her Spring Mantle that blossomed. “Desire can lead people, but Fear can warn. The skull and crossbones on bleach shouldn’t be inviting. It’s not my desire to give anyone a shot. But they should be afraid of needles and strangers, degrees and lab coats only help a little. I’ll give up their smiles to keep that fresh in their minds.” She broke the moment with a small laugh, features softening as much as they ever could. “A match. It made me feel useful. I risk the Seeming stereotype, but I like to feel useful.”

“Autumn itself helps give some Clarity. I think my work helps keep me safe as well.” She didn’t actually mind muddy in all truth. “A fear of what I might be missing feels less painful when what I do to survive could save someone. It’s a mutual fear, we’re all victims of fate. I don’t mind playing mid-wife to a second chance so much as to refuse to do it.”

“A sampler is always smart. I used to find them a nuisance too. As if I didn’t already know what I like.” She gave a gentle lift of her bubble tea in emphasis. “I would have missed this that way though.” She laughed and nodded with Sera’s surprise at such low rates of useful information. “Everyone experiences symptoms differently. Some don’t even realize something might be odd until they’re already talking about it. Others have a knack for getting to that quickly. I simply have to leave the faucet running I find.”

Speaking of New York has her chuckle in fond memory of it. “Busy and buildings are its main crop. Perhaps not so much now, but I found it comforting. Always someone to turn to. Whether you wanted to or not.” She was enjoying the space here, room enough for trees even. “Where was home for you before?” She asked, letting the question hover between Sacramento or their condition. She didn’t know how far back from her Durance Seraphina was comfortable talking about, however curious she might be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread