Presence
    (Genial)
    Striking Looks
    (Scruffy)
    Bacchus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Bacchus stepped away from the assembled magi to speak to his Path slightly more privately.

"So." Bottle still in hand he looks to his fellow Shamans. "I don't really have any issues with you folks, but I would like to know why someone who couldn't even voice their opinions in the earlier exchange now wants to be Councilor. Can you enlighten me Cricket? Why do you want it? Perhaps more importantly, why should we trust you with it?"

As he proceeded to drink the Apostates features turned decidedly less jovial. What could have otherwise been a pleasant evening now of getting to know each other now had to be a mad dash fro titles and all the bullshit that came with them.

"As for Heirarch? I don't trust Samael with it, or Winter if he tried for it." He didn't think the grumpy guardian would, but he was just speaking his mind through the last fleeting moments he could do so on his own. "I want to suggest Knot for the role, or barring that volunteer myself for the position."

"To answer my own questions, I believe that I have nothing in the way of formal qualifications. I believe that a persons merit should be based on their values and ideas, not the titles they cling to or their ability to sit in the background like a plant for an extended period of time. I want the role because I think the wisest of the wise should recognize value beyond age or arcana, as well as the difference between an order's tools and the order's beliefs. Samael has failed that metric, and aside from Knot I don't know anyone else that passes it."

The Shaman stopped, took a breathe, and a subsequent drink.

"As for why you should trust me? Well, I just said I'd prefer Knot do it. Barring that though I've been doing nothing but trying to bring people together and support the little guy since I got here. Not to sensationalize, but if that's not what you want in a leader then what's the difference between a Diamond and a Seer?"

C
    Cricket

Cricket wanders over as Bacchus wastes no time laying it all out. “Well, first off, 'couldn’t' is a baiting way to put it -- think you know that. Let’s put that chip you’re lugging around down for a hot second and remember we don't know each other.” His slang filled cadence from previous chats was replaced by the clear, even communication of a trained speaker the moment his fellow Shaman got standoffish. He could handle needling just fine.

“I put in my vote where it mattered. You don’t have to trust me if you don’t want to.” Even if he was being glib in response, he still kept that easy smile. “Aurora is the only one with real experience and I made the offer to take some heat off her back. At best, an attempt to meet the Diamond halfway given all the Assembly talk, that’s all. This isn’t extra paper work I’m dying to tackle.”

"I hear you, but you’re talking like you’ve got years here and know anything about anyone beyond a single round of conversation that, from where I was standing, didn’t actually do anything other than make some people uncomfortable. Which some people are. Which you'd know if you took a step back. Not to mention, here we are, going with what was already in place.” His head bobbed back and forth like a metronome with each segment of his own retort. “This isn’t a competition and treating it like one isn’t a good look. Sooo, I’m going to have to strong pass on all that. Go make a crack at him if you want it.” He said with a thumb over his shoulder to Alastor and his duel challenge. "I'll handle it if everyone else is busy."

The rapid fire points weren’t any trouble for the performer and whatever was going on with the man who seemed to really hate his liver was more confusing than upsetting. “I think it’s swell you’ve decided Knot is a cool dude, not that I get what he has to do with you, but since we're doing things like this -- I’m not supporting anyone except a pillar of the community. Someone that knows the history and has actual stock of the issues we face here. Not a fresh face that thinks snap judgments and peppering in intentionally snide comments are anything other than uncalled-for.”

He gave a shrug before taking another drink from his water and then rocking on his feet a little. “Also, don’t imply that the options are agree with you, the Diamond, or then people are Seers. That’s not sensational, that's bullshit just like all this chest thumping. I think we can all do better.” The Seer situation here wasn’t a joke – even to him.

Closed Thread