Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Striker Shindig

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Va bene," Circe puts down the plates and stood up. She walked forward so she could easily look at everyone without twisting her neck, "Here's what we're gonna do then. Instructors grab yerself a girl. That's the stretching," Circe giggled. She then pointed to Tiphon, "Sparrin' comes after that. Ya boys," she points at Barnabas, "Know that best. So yer the ones that get ta do that first. Ya can explain how it went ta us ladies so we get the ideas. Critique and all that goodness. Sounds fancy right?"

Circe gives a wide grin and two thumbs up. "So, Tiphon? Ya wanna warm up with a queen?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

B
    Blink

Blink tilted her neck from side to side and then clasped her hands together and brought her arms up, overhead and then back behind her. She held it there for a moment then brought her arms back down and her hands apart. Next, her hands moved behind her, clasping together once more and this time lifting upwards. That held for a similar amount of time, before her hands came apart and her arms rested back down to her side. Finally, the bent forward and down, her hands easily touching the tips of her shoes. After a moment, her hands moved around to the back of her calves as she pulled herself forward. One thing was readily apparent, throughout it all - she was insanely flexible.

"I will say that stretching should be shelved until after. Warmups are better." As she spoke, she cycled butt-kicks for a bit, to get her legs pumped.

"So what are we doing exactly?" Blink said with a glance to Barnabas. She couldn't really be blamed for not really understanding Circe.

B
    Barnabas

Color the Beast puzzled. He was used to misreading social cues, but not so horrendously that he fully misunderstood a Queen's direction. He shrugged it off as easily as Circe did. He sauntered over to the stretching fae and waited idly as she finished.

He glanced occasionally towards the lithe tattooed fae and cleared his throat when she finished. "You've got me beat with the stretching." He lulled his head to one shoulder, cracked his neck audibly, and then rolled it over to the next. The crack was noticeably deafened the second time. He thought on her question and shrugged. "Warm up." He brought up both hands and bent his long furry fingers at the joints so his lethal claws rested up against his palms.

"Wanna put up your guard?" Barnabas asked as he brought his arm back to follow-through on a jab. He waited for Blink to have her guard and stay poised, mid-action, until her guard was brought up. When Blink brought her guard up, Barnabas would jab at her slowly and aiming at her guard. "Head, body, head, head, body." He was going on the slow side and warming up his limbs. "Swords are right useful, not knocking 'em, but any reason the Queen wants you two to get a crash course on hand-to-hand?"

T
    Tiphon

"Yes, Your Majesty," the sandstorm said as he blank-faced the double-entendre and dropped to the ground. Push-ups. That was where he started. Ten. Then ten sit-ups. Up he got. Ten squats. Twenty jumping jacks. Rinse. Repeat. He looked to the Queen. A gunfighter. They had similar weaknesses to swordfighters, when you got down to it, from close range.

"I assume you already know the basics of punching. If that is not so, advise me. The thing I think may be of assistance to both you and Blink - and relevant to Barnabas and I on the other side - is understanding how unarmed combatants can overcome firearms and weapons larger than a knife. For you and Blink? This is so that you can always bring to bear your advantages. For Barnabas and I? It is to make sure we neutralize those advantages.

You see,"
    he said, stepping closer to Circe and gesturing for her to extend her arms, "once I am inside this radius, it becomes very difficult for certain weapons to bring to bear. A rifle. A sword. A shotgun. Undoubtedly you are skilled with pistols. These have a place in close-quarters; however, firearms shoot where they are pointed. Keeping yours on target rather than having it turned on you is essential. The first answer is to not be where a grappler can get you, of course - but life does not always work out the way we wish. Knowing how to get out of their grasp or work within that grasp to make a situation advantageous to you is key to a well-rounded fighting system."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Barnabas got his question answered with a snarky, "Pugilism 'cause sometimes ya really wanna beat the shit outta some jackass," followed by a gleeful outburst, "Or cause it's the only one a' the three we can do on short notice, oh ho ho ho ho!"

Tiphon caught her attention with his sudden calisthenics. Circe blinked as he went through it. Then she just shrugged and stretched. "I've been in bar brawls on both sides a' the Thorns," the predatory smile carried along with the pride of her voice. Circe did extend her arms as instructed. "Dannazione," came out when Tiphon said pistols. "Smart ya are Tiphon. I ain't gonna pull my piece on ya as part o' this so we'll hafta go with this," Circe makes a finger gun with her left hand. "So, how are ya gonna make it useless? And how do I stop ya?"

ooc: I am familiar with the concept of one-step sparring where you call out everything you are doing in slow motion to maximize reactions. Is that where we are going with this?
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

B
    Blink

Blink went through the motions with Barnabas. She played the roll of a beginner, though in truth duck, weave, and avoid was an integral part of her durance. With all the time she spent doing it, her avoidance was superhuman. Still, she rolled through the motions keeping it at a slow pace. "Eh, plenty of people will KO from blood loss..." She said with a chuckle.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Bump bump, anyone still here?

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

End scene

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread