Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Striker Shindig

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

High Striker, a large metal building featuring enclosed arenas of plywood, inflatible barriers, and nets under indoor lights. Normally the inflatibles are not arranged to make pseudo recliner chairs. Tables with pizza, paperware, coolers, and icecream scoops were less uncommon on the "battlefield" of High Striker. Kids and their birthday parties however here never had beer and tequilla on offer.

Circe was making an exception tonight, for she'd a Summer Court to welcome. With enough courtiers of Summer to hold a proper court. And had tried to scrounge up any old titles to see if folks wanted them. And while Crimson Knight had a great ring to it, Mud Grunt seemed less appealing. Circe giggled once more as she recalled the title of Sun's Tongue. She had a strange mind.

Aside from the crown on her head she was mostly in street clothes. A simple skirt, denim vest, shirt, and sneakers were her royal attire for the evening. Because it was too hot to care. And the dessert could be messy so not point messing up her fancier clothes.

Nor would the fancier outfits go good with trying to get out of the inflatible fixed together as furniture. Circe wanted to make it very clear that her attitude to politics was very laisez fair.
    Though she'd be pissed if nobody showed up.

Blink , Tiphon , Barnabas
    Riks Whisper, Cross
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

B
    Blink

Blink was rocking shorts a tee. She had a backpack too, with a hoodie shoved in it. She didn't like how cold it got at night here...like tee-shirt shorts weather - then *BAM* wish you had a hoodie...

Thankfully, she learned, and learned quick. Sure the backpack had a few other odds and ends besides a hoodie, but its most importat role was that of hoodie container. Let's be real though, it wasn't like most of the clothes she rocked had a lot of pockets, though. She would struggle to fit a penny in the pockets of the shorts and it also made having a backpack nice.

Blink gave a wave to the Summer Queen. "Queen." She said an arm across her chest salute, a grin, and a bow. The triple-threat. "How are you doing?"

T
    Tiphon

Flowing on the warm wind of the dog days of Summer, Typhon flowed through the door, a flat but curious expression on his face. What was this place? It held such... curiosities. Burning red eyes blinked as the Wanderer took it all in through the door.

Then, he saw the Queen. Radiant in beauty (an alien concept to a sandstorm, and yet present for the man within) and potent in Mantle with the Summer Crown burning on her head -

He bowed, rumbling out his greeting even as his heavy backpack full of concrete blocks clanked and clunked.

"Your Majesty."

B
    Barnabas

A towering hookah of steel with copper garnishments was cradled by the Beast as he walked, bow-legged, towards the inflatable barriers assembled into a make-shift lounge. Barnabas gingerly set down the hookah in the center of the barriers and tossed a backpack close to bursting onto the ground next to it.

He removed aviators from his eyes with a sigh and tucked them into the half moon collar of his long-sleeved red shirt. Furry claws dusted themselves off on shorts printed with palm trees. Barnabas cleared his throat as he made note of each attendee. He hadn't noticed that everyone was already here.

He half-shuffled towards the assembling court and dropped to a knee. "Your Majesty. Thanks for, uh, the text message."

0 Scenes

Posts from the 2018 Rollback!
    A towering hookah of steel with copper garnishments was cradled by the Beast as he walked, bow-legged, towards the inflatable barriers assembled into a make-shift lounge. Barnabas gingerly set down the hookah in the center of the barriers and tossed a backpack close to bursting onto the ground next to it.

He removed aviators from his eyes with a sigh and tucked them into the half moon collar of his long-sleeved red shirt. Furry claws dusted themselves off on shorts printed with palm trees. Barnabas cleared his throat as he made note of each attendee. He hadn't noticed that everyone was already here.

He half-shuffled towards the assembling court and dropped to a knee. "Your Majesty. Thanks for, uh, the text message."
    "Eccellente!" Circe crys with joy as her Court arrives in full. Even as its glass gems sparkle in reflection of the Mantle Crown, the metallic one starts to tilt off her head. One hand holds the crown in place as blue legs swivel to the side of the balloon barricade. The elf has to somewhat bend over to get her feet on the ground and stand up with aid from her free hand pressing against the inflatable. "That answers yer question Blink and summarizes the situation," one red eye winked as she let go of her metal crown.

"Yer welcome Barny," she then looked over at Tiphon, "And ya are welcome too. And dude, if ya need a burner phone I can probably scrounge up one for ya. I mean," she spread her arms wide, "What kinda Queen would I be if I didn't look out for me court?" Then grins, "A horrid bitch queen is the answer, oh ho ho ho ho!"

She then looks down at what Barnabas had brought. "A hookah, huh? All I brought was that," she motions with a thumb towards the table of food. There is a brief pause before Circe starts speaking again, "Right right, I'm in charge so I start the talkin'. Ya know how long its been since I've had authritah like this? Neva! So," she grins widely, "I Queen bitch Circe, head of yer Summer Court in Sacramento and fully willin' ta bust the skull of anybody that fucks with one of ya! This is a gettin' ta know ya thing. I ain't big on formality," she giggles and raised her left hand so it is held out forward from her body. "I won the fiery crown with rock," hand is a fist, "Paper," now a paper, "scissors," and now finally scissors. Both hands move to her hips as she keeps going, "Metal one I made. If yah have shit ya wanna talk about, cool. Not is cool too." Circe finally stopped talking as she waited to see what her minion, er, courtiers had to say.
    Blink smiled at the new Summers. "I am Blink." She said with a playful bow. With that, she bounded towards the food; she was starving.

With a slice of pizza in hand, she felt better prepared. "You know there is something..." She said with her eyes moving between the fellow courtiers. "Goodwill. With Summer coming to a close, what people from the Freehold have given you all a good impression." With that, her eyes shot to Circe.

"Penance, definitely. As well as Goodwill towards the other seasonal leaders." Blink's face scrunched as she thought for a moment. "Hmm...Just to ramble off some other names. Rhodes, Nana, Peter." A smile spread across her lips. "...and of course...our mates in beer-pong! Echo and Quick!"

"Hmm..." Her eyes moved to the others. "What about ya'll?"

Blink used the pause, to consider more names, but most importantly...she was holding pizza. She couldn't very well ramble and eat...
    A burner phone? Yes. It would make sense to have a telephone. The sand parted in a facsimile of a smile. "You are too kind, your Majesty. I would appreciate that. It would make life... easier." Blink. Blink. "Did you say... you won your Crown... in a rock, paper, scissors match?"

What was this? Was he being... punked?

Blink. Blink. Blink was speaking. He dragged his focus onto the Dancer and her words.

"I am not currently in a position to recommend anybody for Goodwill, though I would be... most curious to know what it is these individuals have done to impress the Iron Spear..." he intoned, settling into a cross-legged sitting position on the ground.
    Listening to Circe speak caused Barnabas to make a rainbow of expressions. Befuddlement, surprise, and occasionally understanding. It was only after thinking on it for a long moment did Barnabas nod once. His way of indicating the Queen of Summer was understood.

He made an easy pace to the barriers arranged into seats and crouched on his haunches atop one. Goodwill. Barnabas thought the question a trap. He waved it off with an expressionless, "Same as the desert spirit. Time's been too short for me to comment on the matter." The names meant next to nothing for the Beast at the moment, but he'd still note who the Court of Two considered worthy of Goodwill.

He kept a neutral glance on Blink and waited to hear her answer to Tiphon's curiosity.
    Circe made to follow Blink to grab something to eat, but paused to re-balance the metal crown, "Should'a put on a chin strap," she griped and retrieved her own water and meaty pizza. The subject of goodwill elicited a small nod from Circe when Penance was said. As for the last two, "Damn straight Blink, allies they were most true!" She washes down the pizza, "I'd say John Doe too. He's been a good roomie and supporter when Summer was only me."

Circe turned to Tiphon with a massive smile, "Yes Tiphon, ta both yer new phone and how I got my crown. We even had ta have a second round of it. Can't remember if we scissored or rocked each other the first time," the Fairest shrugs as she resumes sitting on a inflatable. Circe belts out a laugh, "Oh ho ho ho, wasn't like either of us wanted ta be in charge at the time. But now I that I have it I've organized a ice cream social."
    Blink gave a shrug of her shoulders. "Guess it is moot. No Goodwill at this time." She continued eating the pizza, finishing it off and going for a second slice. If Barnabas and Tiphon weren't onboard, she felt very little point continuing on with that.

Blink got herself a drink to compliment the food. She settled the cup down on the table, resting her butt up against the table Leaning back against the table, she continued to work on the pizza.
    "It is not moot," the sandstorm insisted. "Tell me, Blink. What did they do? Convince me of their worth, and I shall take you at your word, for you are strong in Summer and thus worthy of note for your understanding of what makes one worthy of Goodwill." Traditional. He would trust those of great Mantle, if only they would put in the effort to actually convince him.

As for the Queen's victory in a child's game for the Crown of the Iron Spear, he simply gave a slow nod. And yet, was that... innuendo?

Let it go, dust and sand. You are naught but an environ made man.

"Lead me, then, to the ice cream, Your Majesty. For I dream of Rocky Road."

They could get to leading soldiers into battle later.
    Barnabas stammered to try to get his point out when Blink thought to dismiss the notion out of hand. The Beast flustered stood and opened his mouth three times before nodding at the sandman's assertion. "Y-Yes! Goodwill isn't a small thing, and I don't think I have the standing to decide any." A claw came up to scratch at the back of his head and then slid down to pick at his neck. "I, uh, wouldn't think to mute you. Please. Like, uh, the sand spirit said. I'd very much like to hear your opinion." He then grimaced and looked to Circe. "With your permission, Your Grace."

Barnabas had trouble following Circe's words. She scissored someone to become Queen? That made about as much sense as half of what she told Barnabas. He thought on the names Circe had belted out. They seemed to have the support of the Queen. "So...six?" Barnabas asked, seeing if his math was right in how many fae the Court wanted to extend Goodwill towards.
    Moot. That was a fun word.

"A treacherous path ta yer pallet then?" Circe joked as she did show Tiphon where the ice cream was. It was a large cooler so there were plenty of flavors. Including the roads most rocky," 'ere ya go bro." She herself picked out another slice and grabbed some scoops of Oreo for the same plate.

"Glad the mute is moot, oh ho ho ho," Circe laughed loudly before gaining a straight face, "But honestly? We got lots of friends in town," a spoonful of Oreo ice cream passes blue lips, "John is my roommate so I hafta toss him in for being helpful ta all of Summer when I was all of Summer," she shrugs, "Penance is a ball of wrath and violence that did some soul searchin' ta pick Summer or Autumn," she nodded at Blink, "She wanted both but ended up doin' Autumn first. Might come back ta Summer so I offered it ta her ta not burn any bridges."

She looked over at Blink, "And the others? I'm curious and glad we're offerin' to many. Beats how they did shit in the Bay."
    Blink gave a nod of her head, swallowing some of the pizza and washing it down with a drink. "Peter and Rhodes are both knowledgeable with the dream-stuff. They have offered to help train us on that battle field." She rested the cup back down on the table.

"Nana, is a doc of sorts. Also offered assistance when necessary." Blink figured that would definitely be good to have a Doc to patch up.

"As for Quick and Echo. Both of them were participants in the Summer Games. Some of the few."

"Back to Rhodes. He helped Penance find a path that best suited her. Fear drove her more than Wrath." Blink nodded her head softly.

"Plenty of good peeps here." She said with a shrug. "Was also curious who all you have ran into and who made an impression with yall."
    Rocky Road met mouth as Tiphon savored flavors most chilled and heard the testimony of the nascent brotherhood before him. Barnabas did not know who to support. The Queen and Blink wished to give Goodwill to most everyone they liked. The Elemental was a bit more discerning. Roommates, participants in games, potential trainers... no, that was not worthy to him.

But one was.

"Rhodes."

His spoon clinked as he put it down in his rapidly dwindling bowl. Where did all that chocolate deliciousness go?

"That is worthy. To define a choice. To help one find their way between their anger and their fear. To strengthen both Courts by discernment and assisting one to draw lines where they must be drawn to know oneself best and thus strengthen the Wyrd for the protection of all."
    Barnabas' stomach protested as he watched the Court indulge in the most basic of rituals: sharing and enjoying food. Barnabas' big mouth chewed at nothing, making light smacking noises as razor sharp teeth slid into ridges and his tongue picked at them for any morsel of satisfaction. It helped him think as he mulled over the roster of names Circe and Blink listed off.

"Now that's enough to start a Sacramento Freehold Basketball Team." He paused and asked almost under his breath, "What would the name be?" He gave this though a brief serious thought before shaking it off. Goodwill. The Court was considering it. "I'll support Goodwill as a newcomer to this Freehold. You have been a Court of Two for a while and held Summers affairs on your own. I trust your opinions on our neighbors." Hearing the Queen echo Blink's sentiment also added more weight to Barnabas' ears. He shifted his weight from one haunch then back to the other and stretched out his long defined arms. Sitting still was always a little uncomfortable for the Beast.

"The Courts seem to be almost harmonious. It's...heartening to watch, if I'm being honest. I've seen too much petty power plays and this Freehold seems much more in line with what's strongest. Standing together." Barnabas let the words roll from his tongue, and he waited for a contradiction. Particular attention was given to the two fae who held Summer Court and were dolling out Goodwill.
    "Can't go wrong havin' a healer fer an adventure," Circe nods in approval. Whether of Nana's offer or viability for favor is not clear. She laughs at Barnabas' words, "I think we attract a lot of folks that'd had enough of the back stabbin' bullshit." She finished off a slice of pizza, "Ya know its a good thing."

She then turned to Tiphon. She seemed to get his distinction here. "Ah, ya mean good will as ta the Court itself. Not fer just bein' friends with its members." The Queen nodded her head, "I suppose that is a more esoteric or uh, philosophical way ta look at it. Makes sense I suppose. It's about what kinda Court we're gonna be."

Circe herself was a thug. An attractive thug that could fake eloquence but still a thug. And this sounded quite eloquent for determining who got Summer's Goodwill. "I like it Tiphon. Sounds really fancy," Circe pronounced it fan see while putting her food down before miming fixing a shirt collar, "all respectable like."

Food was retrieved. "I approve. I think we should offer our good will fer martial bravery. Somebody from another Court kicks major ass in defense o' the Freehold we gotta respect that." She looks over to Blink, "Only recent fight I know was when we took out that cannibal killer," then she turns to the boys, "Ya boys heard about others slaying monsters recently?"

T
    Tiphon

"Courage. Defense of the Freehold in battle. Strength in arms, and deeply material support of our Court's objectives." A firm, slow nod as the sandstorm made man confirmed his points and agreed with the Queen of Rock Scissors Paper. This was criteria that would work. "This is as it ought to be. Yes." He gave an equally slow shake of his head with respect to the monster slaying question. "I am too new as of yet to have heard such things. Yet, I shall keep my eyes peeled."

The ice cream bowl reached its sloppy end, and the Elemental glanced to the others.

"So. Are we here to do more today? Training? Tactics? Mass melee until we are all puddles of sweat?"

That last sounded like a joke. Maybe.

B
    Blink

Blink finished off the rest of the slice she had. She was quick to get another, which she proceeded to also devour. The whole cannibal killer thing didn't go unnoticed, nor did any of the monster slaying talk. Her eyes shifted to Tiphon, as she continued to stuff pizza away. It didn't seem like a lot of time before that second slice was gone. She took another swig and nodded softly.

"I'm down for whatevs."

B
    Barnabas

It was a little distracting to watch everyone stuff their mouths. Barnabas shifted from one foot to another, altogether uncomfortable with the empty feeling sitting in his stomach. He'd have to hunt after this meeting.

Tiphon, that was its name. The sand spirit made an argument for rewarding defense. Barnabas saw the appeal of granting Goodwill towards those that defended. It certainly narrowed down the list only to those that the Court of Wrath considered defenders.

Barnabas, for his part, yawned and scratched at the thick mane that fell passed his shoulder. "Sounds good," he said with the same sort of enthusiasm for what sort of pizza he couldn't eat was ordered. His features sharpened all at once when Circe's mentioned a cannibal killer. "Who took down the cannibal?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Like I said Tiphon, yer Queen approves of makin' the Goodwill all fancy," Circe laughs out. The other suggestion has her thinking though.

"Hmmm that does sound interesting. I mean the principle of this place,"
    she waves her hand to indicate high striker, "Was ta have a easily modified maze ta ambush fuckers from. The mobile shit won't slow 'em down much but if ya know it in the dark it's great ta fuck with people with it," she laughs, "It's how I beat the whole Freehold with the laser guns."

Circe finished her own pizza and starts licking the left over ice cream from her spoon. "I warn ya, I'm a shooter not a axe swinga'. I'd probably benefit from some pointers on swording. All I got now is swish swish stab. Oh there is an idea ta see," Circe drops the plate onto the table then claps her hands, "Who is good at usin' what ta fuck Them up? I like shootas myself."

She turned to Barnbas with a large grin and proudly puffed up her chest. "A wondrous tactic did that dear Barnbas. I call it shotgun ta his face," the Summer Queen made a finger gun that she fired, "I found it ta be highly effective on him."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

T
    Tiphon

Tiphon's hands found one another in the center of his chest, like a monk; balanced, strong, sure. He was the wanderer who had seen the mountains of Nepal, the deserts of North Africa, and everything in between - these were the hands of a being well accustomed using them. It was no different in war.

"One flows to be whatever one must be. At times, one must be a weapon. So it is, and so I am; I have no need for blunderbuss, nor blade."

The sandstorm found his feet, putting his bowl aside and peering at the Queen, considering her. So casual, yet capable of great violence. Who was this enigma of Rock Paper Scissors? What had she seen?

"Well done with the cannibal. Your tactics are efficient. What else can you show us, my Queen?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread