Watch

Bird's Words

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

Finally, a night off.

Between doing her actual job, the Hunter work, the Priscus work, securing the Wyrm's Nest at Florin, and pursuing her studies, Moretti had been keeping busy. The Requiem was a game of families and covenants dancing on black and white squares, and Lina had scarce had the opportunity to see the new piece that had entered the Danse wearing her family's name. What better way to spend a free evening then to change that?

Lina's outfit was not particularly formal. Black pants, a crimson shirt and her leather jacket would suffice. Though it didn't seem like much, her outfit was a tiny act in the Grand Wyrm's continuing montage of change. Be more like a person. Hidebound formality was what Kindred did. Though she could not bury herself away from Kindred society, shaking the moorings of the stagnation of the Curse took concerted, continuous effort.

Tucked away in a meeting room, the Priscus of Daeva left the door open, listening idly to the bass of the music from upstairs as it flowed down into the quiet Elysium and as she awaited Blackbird's arrival.
    Stray

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird entered Elysium in a steady stride. It was unwise for her to keep an official of the Domain waiting, she was a neonate after all. Her outfit was decidely not formal at all, but was decidely Blackbird. After all, the young vampire had not entered the night with a mind to head for the Nox or to even hold a meeting. She had come immediately from her other activities rather than keep her Priscus waiting as she got all prim and proper for a formal meet and greet.

It didn't take her long to spot the open door and, in keeping with her promise to meet quickly, Blackbird continued onward to it without much hesitation. Upon arriving, the neonate knocked and looked within.

"Hey!" Blackbird said, her tone friendly, casual. Then, a look of restraint overcame her features as she remembered where she was. Giving herself pause, Blackbird closed her eyes for a moment and cleared her throat.

"I apologize, Priscus Moretti."
    The neonate offered, her tone returning to the formality and calm cadence she had so often used during their last encounter in court, "You wanted to speak with me?"

L
    Lina Moretti

"For what?" A half-smile crossed her face as Moretti casually gestured to a chair. "I appreciate you coming on, like, no notice. Make yourself comfortable - I wanted to, uh... chat, not speak with you, which is a key difference if you ask me." Hers was not a commanding presence; in fact, the salty Daeva was being about as inviting as she could be.

"See, it isn't often I find a cousin who is into the occult - and your background is one of the most interesting things I've heard since getting here. So. What brings a bird to Sacramento, of all places?"

A box of cigarettes were on the table, with a lighter. Virginia Slims.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird moved to the chair and took her seat, ignoring the tug of her beast to run from the greater Kindred. She relaxed at the Priscus' inviting nature, offering a half smile as she listened to Salty Lina's question.

So many curious brethren. Many Kindred didn't enjoy discussions of their past, but Blackbird enjoyed the attention. She'd humor the older Daeva. After all, she clearly had made an impression. It would not serve her better interests to clam up.

"It was time to leave the nest,"
    Blackbird teased, "It was my decision though. My sire betrayed my trust. He accepted my intent to depart... Eventually. Then he suggested Sacramento, told me to come to the Nox... introduced me to a few contacts. Then I left."

Blackbird would shift in her seat, "I think he believes I'll go back to San Jose." She smiled. "But I have no intention of giving that fool the satisfaction. I'll accept torpor before then." Her voice turned cold by the end of the closing statement, but the tone was certain. Confident.

The neonate learned forward. "I'll admit I'm pleased that my arrival has resulted in your interest... On my past, allow me to reinforce what I said before. I have no love for the Hunters. They ruined that when my heart was still beating."

Despite Moretti's insistence on a more casual encounter, Blackbird's voice remained formal. She didn't know if she could trust the Grand Wyrm. It'd be nothing for her to charge the neonate with misconduct while in Elysium. It was better to err on the side of caution. For now.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Good for you. I'm well familiar with the moment of getting the hell out, and it's a dangerous one. That you made it is good. It's the first step. Whatever follows from here..." The Moretti Shrug. "Probably better than going back, if you can't trust 'em, right."

The Priscus glanced at the cigarettes for a long moment as Blackbird described her pleasure at being noticed. She chuckled as the young one finished, even as she tamped down on the primal urge to tear her a new one.

"Of course you don't care for 'em. They'd douse you in kerosene and light you up just as soon as look at you. But I appreciate you volunteering to help deal with 'em. It's dangerous work, but it's the right way to start."

She paused a long moment, thinking about what the young one had said before moving on.

"You've already helped out right out the gate. I like to help back. So, how can I help you settle in? I heard you were without Covenant, so - your Family is your best connection. I'd like to help you make a helluva good start."

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird's smile tugged a little wider. The compliment was there and it had not gone unnoticed. Visibly, the neonate's form relaxed as she listened to Moretti's words.

Then a chuckle.

"You make them sound like strong soldiers," Blackbird leaned back, sinking her form in the chair, "I spent most of my living life around hunters. Few fit the moniker of proud or brave... They are opportunists. That's why they don't often engage in the hunt without a network, they're weak alone. They're afraid... Still, they're groups are dangerous. That's why its best not to target them. Not directly anyway."

It was clear Blackbird had more to say about the subject, but she practiced restraint. Lina hadn't called her for advice on the current Hunter threat. However, Blackbird was suspicious of the Priscus' intent. Many an elder's success was built on the blood of neonates, tricked into subservience or alliance to serve as welling foot soldiers. She had no desire to be a pawn. Still she could be civil until she at least learned Lina's intent.

Blackbird paused thinking for a moment on how to respond. She needed to be tactful, but she also needed to protect herself against... predation.

"I hope you'll forgive my bluntness, Priscus," Blackbird said, keeping her voice even, "I may be young, but I've spent more time amongst the Kindred than I did amongst the kine. Aid is not something that is freely provided by anyone. So my question is why do you want to help me? What is your gain? What are you expecting in return?"

7. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

"Strong soldiers aren't the ones that kerosene you and light you up," she pointed out with a chuckle. "But you get it. To be frank, I can't blame them for not fighting without networks and whatnot. More on that later, though. We got formal times for that." She hadn't really called the other neonate to her side to chat Hunters.

Moretti leaned forward as she asked for forgiveness for her bluntness, resting her arms on the table next to the Slims and the lighter as she listened.

"Bluntness is fine. Here's some back - you offered me something already. Your expertise, your contacts with respect to the Hunters. This is repayment. You help me, I help you. Quid pro quo. Service to your Family should reap reward, and Elder Twist, Whip Verne and I all are actively benefiting from your knowledge. So. I ask again. How can I help you?"

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird peaked her eyebrows, giving a slight nod. Lina was right. Those Hunters with a love for their fire were not strong soldiers... There were a few amongst the Hunters of her youth though. They were fools. Brave, stubborn fools.

She listened as Moretti explained her want to assist, prompting a smirk, "You'll have to allow me to take in this moment, Priscus. It is not often a sight for a neonate's betters to assume themselves indebted."

Then Lina mentioned 'Family'. Ah, the Clan game. Makes sense... She is Priscus after all.

Considering herself for a moment, Blackbird allowed a pause to hang in the air. Partially to consider her response, partially for effect. What was the Requiem without drama? She let her gaze travel over Moretti's features. The neonate was liking this game they were playing. Traveling down to her hands, Blackbird's easy eventually rested on the nearby cigarettes. Curious.

"It wouldn't do well to ask for a service without being informed of a Family member's own reach and capabilities," Blackbird's gaze returned to Moretti's eyes, "What can you offer, Priscus?"

L
    Lina Moretti

"Service deserves reward," Moretti repeated herself. "Continue to show initiative and do well, and I'll see you well taken care of. I have easy access to the Prince and her Officers, good words to be given publicly to promote your standing, allies and contacts I can tap to help you back - and with enough reason, the support and knowledge of my Covenant, and the ability to give Tenancy in the Domain."

She tracked Blackbird's eye.

"Did you want one?"

Her right index finger found the cigarette box.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird regards the Priscus with a genuine smile, listening quietly as she lists the boons and resources at her fingertips. She liked this Lina. She was matter of fact and blunt, a rare trait amongst the Daeva. It was something the neonate could get used to.

"Then all I ask is that you relay my worth. If Her Majesty and Her Court hears of it, my favor within it will improve." Blackbird let her request sink in before continuing, "As for your covenant, civilty is all that's necessary for the time being, I will happily remain out of your business. Tenancy, however, is something I might seek in the future. Once I've proven myself."

Then a soft chuckle and the gentle shaking of the neonate's head. "I am more of an American Spirits girl, Priscus Moretti, but thank you."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.