Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Twilight Bowling

THREADID
    S
    Samael

Unfortunately, there are no rules on bowling, so I used billiards instead. Only modification being extended for 10 pins. Setting the stage, Capitol Bowl.

Samael called up Aurora , for a night of bowling. The theme was "Twilight Bowling," complete with florescent lighting and changing the colors. He waited patiently at the absolute furthest end of the alley. He didn't want people to eavesdrop on them. Along with the thunderous crashing and music, he had little to worry about.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-01 18:20:24 Samael rolls 5 to Spatial Awareness [Gno+Space] (10 Again) 7, 3, 5, 6, 7 failure
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-01 18:20:46 Samael rolls 4 to Spatial Awareness [Gno+Space-1 retry] (10 Again) 2, 3, 2, 9 1 success

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Bowling.

Not something she had any real skill in, but it was something she enjoyed. Who cared if she hardly ever hit the pins?! It was a ton of fun!

And where it wasn’t something she did often enough, she was stoked when Samael mentioned bowling.

Walking in, she was hit with the lights, and silently thanked herself that she didn’t wear the white pants. Cause that would have made her a huge glowing beacon. Not that the attention would bother her, she could careless, but it would have been a bit much.

But she did smirk at seeing her white fitted t shirt glowing.

Walking up to Samael, the grin was still there. Her leather jacket hung over one arm and hideous bowling shoes clutched in the other.

“Hey you! Great idea about bowling!” she gushed, dropping the coat on a chair and sitting. Reaching over to pop off her shoes, "Now I warn you, I suck at this. But it's a ton of fun!" the grin remaining as she looked up.

3. Likes Vincent liked this post
    S
    Samael

The Warlock proudly wore his math joke novelty t-shirt. He flexed his non-existent bicep muscles in a melodramatic pose, and equally extravagant voice, "Be warned! For you have entered the Classroom of Applied Physics!" He twitched his mustache from side to side before falling from his stance, laughing at his own humor.

"I thought it'd be fun to set all that frustration aside."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-01 23:11:52 Samael rolls 6 to Make a funny [Presence+Expression] (10 Again) 10, 8, 6, 2, 5, 2, 3 2 successes

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Amusement takes over her face as she watches the display, clapping her hands as she whistles.

Then laughs, a good hearty laugh.

“I should hire someone like you to warm the crowds up before a show.” It was a thing.

“Applied physics huh?”
    a nod, “Well, never made it that far in school, but I’ll take your words for it.” Being on the road all the time meant no traditional schooling.

“Oh yeah, defiantly fun! Even when I lose I still have fun!”
    she finishes tying the shoes and stands.

“I was thinking about ordering a pitcher of beer, you want some?”
    offers the blonde.

S
    Samael

"A hype man, eh?" he grins with pride. "Could be a fun gig."

Internally, he was disappointed that Aurora had not had reached that level of education. Then again, she did quite well for herself and definitely enjoyed what she did. So long as she is happy and healthy. That's all that one can ever ask for.

"Bowling is definitely one of the few games where even when someone loses, everyone has a good time."

At first, Samael wanted to say, 'no, thank you,' to the beer. All things in moderation, he reminded himself. He'd just have to spend more time burning off the calories later. "Yea, that'd be good to have. Thank you."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The grin was returned, “Oh it’s a fun gig! You can even dress up if you want.” She could see a little bit of a performer in him.

A single nod, “Exactly! Though I have seen some sore losers here and there, and can’t help but roll my eyes. Cause, like, seriously?! It’s bowling and fun. Though I have always wanted to get that turkey to pop up on the screen!” it’d never happen, she was lucky to hit one or two pins.

“Then a pitcher of beer it is!” and she orders it along with some frosted glasses, cause those rocked.

She then moves to pick out the right ball, testing a few by lifting them, and finally finds one that feels good. Placing it down on the ball return, “So how’ve you been since we last talked? Been keeping busy?”

S
    Samael

The Mastigos laughed, "Oh really?" he laughed once more. "I did dress up on Halloween when I was teaching the middle and high school kids. They seemed to enjoy it. We'll see how well it works with college students."

Samael nodded in agreement, "Only thing worse than a sore loser, is a sore winner." He set about finding the right weight.

Whilst searching a phantom tingling tickled the nerves in his hands. He knew well enough it was psychosomatic. Moderation, he reminded himself.

He looked up from the three tiered racks. "I have been well. I'm trying to find new activities for the upcoming seasons. You don't happen to know if they do ice skating out here, do you?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking, “What did you dress up as?” she was curious, as she couldn’t picture him dressing up.

“How well it’d work with college students?! Are you kidding?! They’d love it! I think it shows that the teacher has a fun side and a sense of humor. Plus, it shows you’re human. So I say go for it! Have fun!”
    she was all about having fun.

A groan and nod of her head, “Aren’t they?! Certainly not people I enjoy anything competitive with. A few playful jabs are ok, but there is a line where it’s just someone being a dick.” A shrug, “So a fair warning, I will be throwing playful jabs at you.” A wink and chuckle.

“New activities and you already jump to winter? Can we have Halloween first?”
    a grin, “Well, I’m not to sure. I would imagine they would have something, ice skating is a big winter thing. There’s a website dedicated to things to do in town year round, I’d check it out.” She’d looked at it a few times. “What other activities are you looking into?” nothing wrong with ice skating, but surely there was something else.

S
    Samael

Closing due to rollback.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.