Ended
Watch
(Mystic Rivers) Campsite

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The aroma of barbecue and happy camping memories was still hanging in the air when Cynthia Weiss led Lawrence Taft to the camp that sprawled within the confines of the old storage facility. There was still the murmur of conversation - even the laughter of a family at play.

The camp lay at the back of the facility, surrounded by a fence that was topped by ugly barbed wire. Camper vans, caravans and trailers poked up from behind the fence. Lights pierced the night - a mix of campfire, lamps, candles, and even torchlight.

At the front, along the street, the old facility's building was in darkness.

The Kindred knew there was a lock side door to the building. There was also the apparently unguarded gate at the back.

Up close, in the depths of the night, the camp created a sense of an inward facing world. Beyond the fence line did not matter. Beyond the fence was hostile.

This night the Kindred truly were strangers, looking in from the shadows at a happy little community. To which they did not belong.

This scene carries on directly from (Mystic Rivers) Arrivals. Any expenditures of Willpower and Blood carry over.

Cynthia Weiss Deltaomega Lawrence Taft Travisc06489

2. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Aside from the oppressive lack of welcome the camp seems to radiate, Taft feels no qualms with striding through the unguarded gate. He isn't much for climbing, after all. Before he approaches, he whispers. "My chances are best through here. I don't see myself climbing back with a breather in tow."

There is always the chance his efforts would fail, but no posted guards likely means this isn't a particularly militant outpost. The Shadow, none the less, offers Cynthia one final courtesy. "Unless you've a better option, I'm going in. If it goes poorly, I will evacuate to a safe distance. Two blocks, at least. That direction." He points to illustrate.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Being shunned. Rejected by all who crossed her path. A pariah by blood and by choice. The unwelcome atmosphere was not alien to her. It something she had grown accustomed over decades. Backing away slightly from the barrier, she nodded to Laurence. "I'll stay hidden and sneak in if you get past. If that doesn't work out I'm fence hopping." The goth whispered.

And with that, she faded from the world once more. Nothing left of the haunt but a memory and the subtle horror that she was still here somewhere watching.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-01 10:39:36 Cynthia Weiss rolls 8 to Cloak of Night (10 Again) 7, 1, 3, 4, 10, 8, 2, 9, 7 3 successes

5. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

That settles it then, for the Shadow. He nods, then strains his senses to keep track of the Haunt.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-01 21:07:21 Lawrence Taft rolls 7 to Wits + Invest + Auspex to see? (10 Again) 2, 10, 6, 8, 8, 7, 5, 9 4 successes

His eyes linger on her form for a moment, after the haze of her deception is shrugged away. Satisfied - for being able to keep track of the Haunt in the fray would be useful - Taft turns and walks the path towards the open gate. He stops just short, staying flat against one wall. There, he does his best to make a sharp but not-too-loud whistle. One that would hopefully attract the attention of those closest to the gate.

2 successes to whistle
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-01 21:11:48 Lawrence Taft rolls 2 to Pres - 1 Expression (Untrained) to whistle (10 Again) 8, 9 2 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Taft whistles.

And whistles.

The noise does attract notice: a stocky man with a long beard and dreadlocks. He is barefoot, clad in pyjama pants and a home-made shirt. Beads jingle from the necklaces he wares.

The man sniffs, smiles, and approaches carefully but not in a hostile fashion.

"Hey, man. Whats up?"

An aroma of coffee and hashish wafts off the man. The light seems to bring out the lines of his face: an ageing face, but one that is still healthy.

"If you are here about the rent... Look, we told you guys it had all been paid up and besides, the paperwork has come through. We own this site, okay. Just go. Its, like, getting embarrassing. Heh! And if you are some media guy, I'm not interested in your check book, sensationalist, crap. Just let us be, alright."

8. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

(WP for subterfuge roll)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

"Nothing of the sort." Taft says, offering a smile. "My dog wandered off... the little scamp." He reaches for his phone and mimes going through his photos.

"A little 'Jack-Russel'. Isn't he cute?"
    He gestures with his phone, keeping the screen hidden from the man. ​"Look."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-05 20:20:10 Lawrence Taft rolls 9 to Manip + Subterfuge + WP to lie (10 Again, WillPower) 7, 4, 4, 6, 10, 3, 7, 6, 2, 9 2 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

QUICK SUMMARY DUE TO ROLL BACK CAUSED BY TECHNICAL GLITCH

Taft pressed forward and attempted to sway one of the people living at the camp to open the back gate.

Cynthia used her Obfuscate (Cloak of Night) and went looking for another means of entering the camp. She did notice a pick up drive up the front entrance...

Due to time limitations I'm going to wrap this scene and rule that no one managed to make it inside.

We can revisit this scene in due course Lawrence Taft Cynthia Weiss

Closed Thread