THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Both Lina and Aaron had set out what they promised each other they would do. Not preaching and active recruiting. No, Aaron would prefer to say they gauged how people reacted to the idea of being affiliated with the Ordo Dracul. This resulted in a talk with Cynthia Weiss on his side. But Lina Moretti had also not been sitting still. Well, she did sit down and had a good talk.

In any case, now the two Dragons would meet with the Priscus of Shadows, Lawrence Taft . Apparently the man had a history with their Covenant. This made Aaron very curious to hear more from the man himself.

Will he have a future?

The Dragon Lord set up a room at the California State University. It was nothing special really. He does not have his own office, since his work for the University doesn't require it. But he has the possibility to book one.

An anonymous room for an anonymous meeting of the Ordo Dracul. A desk, a few chairs and privacy is all the three need.

2. Likes liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti was waiting with Aaron, sitting on top of a wooden desk with one ankle hooked over the opposite leg. Both limbs swung slowly back and forth. Still most humane, such normal movements of boredom at waiting were still automatic for her. She wore simple blue jeans and a black tank top, nothing fancy. It was all too easy to blend into the dark of the school setting that way.

Krieg had warned her about Taft. Said he was a demon worshipper or some shit like that. She suspected otherwise. He was, of course, interested in the Order - and this was his chance to make clear the mysteries he had laid before her at the Elysium before.

Hopefully, this evening her curiosity would be sated. That was how Shadows got you. They hooked you in with a mystery... but the private eye knew a thing or two about getting to the bottom of things.

"Thanks for getting the space set up, Aaron," she mused quietly as they waited for the Priscus of Shadows. It was always important to have somewhere quiet to talk.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

'Of course, it was no trouble at all.' Aaron is sitting behind the desk. Even though he did not want the vibe to be too informal, he is simply more old school.

Taft had been given clear directions to the room. It was one of the first buildings on the University grounds. Meant for meetings with people from outside campus, pretty much anyone could walk in and out without requiring a student card.

Blush active btw

5. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

(Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Taft has had to remind himself on numerous occasions that he does not live in the Northeast anymore. As much as he may have been comfortable in a turtleneck sweater or something equally conservative, perceptions could draw unwanted attention. Imitating life helped a bit with his decision - opting for a short sleeved black t-shirt with a white image advertising the Broadway show Hamilton: the Musical. At a university, he mused, this wouldn't seem the least bit out of place. Even for a man of his age. His ensemble was completed with a pair of dark jeans and some false-framed , hipster-esque glasses.

Eventually, thanks to some concise instructions, Taft enters the room. His dark eyes perform a rapid, cursory examination. It's a far cry from a night in Elysium. by the looks of it. But simple is good; simple gets results.

"Ah, Priscus van Valen. Ms. Moretti." He gives each a short but courteous incline of his head. "I hope you haven't been waiting long. I would be remiss if I've shown up late." He doesn't bother to look around for a clock, though.

"Shall I sit?" he asks, gesturing for one of the open chairs. Moretti seems comfortable enough. And the Ventrue appears ready to do business from his seat at the desk. Still... appearances and formalities go a long way. The Shadow is their guest.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

L
    Lina Moretti

"A Priscus as well, now, but this isn't really a formal environment," Lina mentioned, gesturing casually toward the chair to invite him to sit. "Good to see you. Lina's fine, we aren't Unconquered." She glanced to Aaron. "Have you met Lawrence Taft before?"

She glanced around, idly wondering if she'd set anything off or cause any problems for van Valen if she lit up.

"I'm glad we could meet up promptly. You were telling me a mysterious story about certain abilities, and that just had me super interested - and then there was that whole 'you being interested in what we do' thing that we thought we could talk to you about... my curiosity was burning a hole in me!"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

When the Priscus of Shadows enters the room, the first thing Aaron notices are his glasses. They seem like an active choice to complement his appearance tonight. Interesting decision.

'Priscus Taft, good evening.' He starts quite formally, before nodding to Lina with a smile. 'Shortly, we shared some space within the Seneschal's vicinity. But I'm curious to learn more.'

The Lord gestures towards one of the chair, 'So, please sit. Worry not, waiting together with Lina never really feels like waiting.' He says it in his dry, matter-of-fact tone, notable for something that could have easily been cheesy.

He studies Lina while she speaks with an almost unusual enthusiasm. Then he turns to Lawrence with an almost naughty grin, adding to the Grand Wyrm's statement: 'And learning about mysterious stories and rare abilities are what I live for.' Also really not a joke. 'But I don't want to you to feel overwhelmed. Feel free to consider this meeting as an informational quid pro quo.'

He would not expect a Mekhet to give up his secrets without getting any knowledge in return.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

"My apologies. If it is all the same, I prefer formality. For courtesy's sake over propriety." Then, to Valen, "Shared a space is certainly one way to describe it. Adequate. Though that is, perhaps, why an opportunity to discuss things in depth is needed."

Taft's eyes, behind the frames, dart between the two Dragons. They certainly seem familiar. In which there is no harm. They also seem to be on the same page when it comes to the services Taft can provide.

Seated, now, Taft nods to each of their explanations. "I will do my best not to disappoint. In the past, I might have begun with the question of whether either of you are familiar with the Mnemosyne. But I believe I'll skip forward and assume you haven't. Or that you haven't heard accurately." A brief pause. "What if I were to tell you that every event witnessed by mortal eyes; every experience; every memory... is encoded in that which we need to survive? The blood, to those I descend from, is much more than sustenance: it is truth. Physical, tangible truth."

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina shrugged, unconcerned. "Very well, Priscus Taft." It wasn't harsh, just an acceptance that he preferred courteous formality. Fair enough. Some Licks were old school.

When he gave the Morpheus line and assumed they didn't know what that super weird 'Lina had no fucking clue what it was but Aaron probably knew what the progenitor had for his last mortal supper' Bloodline was, she looked interested. Intrigued. His discussion of what was in there made sense to her. After all, she'd seen Aaron Lick Stuff and Know Things. "Secrets in the Blood. That's not totally foreign. Go on."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Aaron simply nods. Decades of living in an Invictus Domain makes one used to formalities. Besides, he really has no idea who the Shadow Priscus is exactly. He only knows that the man has been in the Domain longer than the two Dragons.

Yet, his own Beast growled aggressively towards that of the Mekhet. He has no reason not to feel dominant. Thus Aaron smiles confidently.

Mysteries are soon revealed, 'I would never assume that I haven't heard of something.' He shrugs then, not wanting to come across supercilious. 'But alright, I have no certainty that my knowledge is correct.'

'All I know is that the Mnemosyne are older than memory itself, so to speak. The Bloodline is rumored to have powers over certain qualities of our blood and our very memories. As a Ventrue who is used to have somewhat of a monopoly in that regard, consider me intrigued.'
    Especially for his own studies of the red liquid life source.

'So this makes it possible for you to access memories much older than yourself? If you find the right source?'

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-04 09:27:14 Aaron van Valen rolls 9 to Or have I? (Int + Occ) (10 Again) 6, 2, 4, 9, 1, 5, 7, 3, 4 1 success

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

The male Dragon's confidence - no. His Beast. It presses against Taft, making the Spider in his breast shrink away. But the Man wrestles back, not wanting to give up his edge in the conversation. Everything he chooses to reveal must be delivered with confidence. Certainty.

Taft nods to Aaron, somewhat impressed. "Just so. I am familiar with your kin's abilities, to an extent." A small smile, shown more by his eyes than the curvature of his mouth. "I understand that your powers struggle to overcome the other's will. But blood? Blood gives secrets willingly. Only the most closely guarded secrets are met with resistance."

2 successes to know stuff, because dice are fun
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-04 19:56:53 Lawrence Taft rolls 7 to Int + Occult (10 Again) 5, 7, 9, 5, 8, 3, 1 2 successes

Moretti drops bait of her own, at least in Taft's mind. What has she heard? His gaze lingers on her for a moment before continuing.

"The techniques vary, Priscus van Valen."
    he elaborates, punctuating the air with a finger. "The easiest memories to access aren't found through the individual. They are what you may call 'genetic memory'. Even then most unassuming sources can provide surprising insight. For other, more direct, memories... it is just that: direct. It is a visceral, costly process." One he'd been cautioned against and tempted with in equal measure.

"What of you, Priscus Moretti? How does this compare to what you've seen or heard?"

13. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread