Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"Again, I would like to thank you for coming and being a part of this all." Weavebreaker said to those that followed.

"Organization of a Consilium is needed to better tackle the threat and issues as they arise in Sacramento."

"The Council could be selected by Path, Order, or Cabal. Before we go further into those three options, does anyone want to throw out other possibilities?"
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

2. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Thyrsus followed Weavebreaker, eager to get things moving.

And the sooner it was discussed, the sooner everyone could move on and deal with other issues.

She had poured herself a cup of coffee and was sipping it as she thought about the question.

“Well, I’ve already said what I was in favor of, Path. But I’d be open to hear other options and discuss them.”

4. Likes Vincent liked this post
    S
    Samael

The Mastigos stepped into the conversation, note pad in hand. He was busy writing notes then he looked up, and contributed his input. "As I understand from Aurora, that's how it was before I arrived. Has anyone else suggested otherwise?"

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Path is fine", he said walking to the small group, greeting the magi with a courtly nod.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella reserved a nod each for Weavebreaker and Winter . Aurora gets a much more welcoming smile. Samael gets a raised eyebrow, followed by an inclination of the head. All this is done while the sometime Moros Councillor selects a seat for himself.

"Path is one of the more stable systems and an obvious choice. Simplicity and practicality." He added with a certain look of bemusement.

Compared to the recent past, the Circle was positively ringing with noise.

"How would a structure based on Cabals even work?"

The Moros prevaricated. In the end, he chose not to sit but stood behind his chair, hands clasped over its back.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

8. Likes Vincent liked this post
    J
    Juris

Juris stepped towards the group with mixed feelings. He was new, so his voice was diminished in a way. But if his plan was to now live in Sacramento, and thus help the city, he believed he should throw his voice in. At least tentatively.

"I know I'm new, so my voice has minimal weight, but I have to say I agree with all of you. Path is the clear choice for representation. It's clear because no one chooses their path, they merely walk it. Five is also a good number, because then there's never a tie among the Councilors. But as you ask," he said looking to Campanella as he began to pace, "how would cabal or Order structure work?"

"Both Cabals and Order are chosen by Awaken, which means there will always be those who want to remain disconnected. That would mean there would be a percentage of the population that would be, at one point or another, unrepresented. Now you could certainly group all Apostates or unaffiliated together and have them elect their own Councilor. With Orders that would mean you would then need six Councilors and most likely we would then require a Hierarch to mediate and cast a tiebreaker vote."

He slowly paced in the other direction as he spoke. "Cabals have it even worse. Their number can be ever fluxating, which could result in as few as one Councilor with no cabals, to five, six, who knows how many Councilors representing many cabals. Depending on how many members a cabal needs, I imagine three, there's the possibility that the leaving of one mage," he said, holding up one finger, "could dissolve one Councilor's voice and force those two mages back into the communal Councilor's group. Unless you force every new mage that comes into town to find a cabal as soon as possible, regardless of how they fit together or their beliefs, you could end up with two or three councilors representing a few, and one councilor representing many. Not because of their Path or Order, but merely because they have not found a group of mages they wish to form a cabal with."

His feet had found his original spot and he stopped. "No. Path is the right option. There's no changing of groups. There's no fear of dissolution. Now no choice is perfect, and there's always the potential for one path to be unrepresented, but in a way, there's a...certainty to Path Councilors. From what I've heard so far, we need some certainty that when the shit hits the fan, we have some order and structure to fall back on." He knew he had been a little long winded, but he hoped it wouldn't be seen as him trying to take over the discussion.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker nodded as Juris spoke. She felt no need to expand upon that anymore, either; he had a wonderful explanation..

"I am in favor as path as well." Weavebreaker fell to silence for a moment, as she crossed her arms in thought. After a moment, she bit her lip, still debating.

"We do hold a fundamental issue." Her arms unfurled.

"Out of everyone gathered to attend a meeting about creation of a Consilium and Lex. There are only six that want to show up and actually work towards that."

"It is what it is." Weavebreaker shrugged.

"Going any route, we will face issues. We can talk to the paths and have them meet to try to put forth Councilors. What do we do if a Path will not fulfill the role?' She asked genuinely. "Is it just an open seat until others come along that actually care to do something?"

"The other issue, as I am sure you overheard, others will feel beyond whatever laws the Lex sets forth. In itself, it is fine for them to say whatever, because the reality is it would not effect them until they are in violation."

Weavebreaker shook her head. "They will have a reality check if they break it, though...I played Sentinel here before and know how it goes. I was even tried for poor judgement of a minor note." Weavebreaker let out a sigh. Even if the time line was changed by the Seers, she remembered...

11. Likes Vincent, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She nods to Samael, “It’s how it was when I first arrived here years ago. And don’t ask me how many years cause then I’d show my age.” She says with a lopsided grin as she tries to make a joke.

Then the stoic Winter arrives, getting right to the point with his opinion. She returns the nod with a small smile added.

Seeing Campy arrive was a welcome relief. She wasn’t sure where he stood on the whole matter, but was happy to see him with this group.

And he raises a good question. One she didn’t have an answer for.

The charming and handsome man speaks up then, and she listens. Sipping the coffee, nodding when good points were made.

“One, not sure who you are, but welcome.” She begins, “And two, well said. I don’t think I would have been able to provide such clear and precise answers. I also like five, not only for the no tie thing, but because there are five points to the star, one for each Path.”

Technically there was a changing of groups. She was a living example of that, but she didn’t know how common that was. And as such, stays quiet on it.

Looking to Weavebreaker, “Part of me can understand why there are only six of us here. Not having the Consilium and Lex in place and enforced sort gives some people what they want. Free reign to govern themselves and not have to answer to anyone. Some actively seek that out. And for a time, when there was five of us, it worked. We all had a common goal and worked well together. Now? Now there are quite a few more and tempers are going to flare at some point. Someone is not going to like how someone does something, and there needs to be rules in place to handle those things. In an ideal world, things would have already been in place. But this wasn’t ideal.” Shit hit the fan and was mess.

Frowning, “Do you think a Path would take such a stand and not fulfill their role?” she asked. “I mean, I suppose if it’s just them, we can’t force them. But we can’t let one child stop how things should be done and have been done for centuries. We move forward, make decisions and if they don’t like it, well, they had the chance to use their voice.” They were all adults, and she wouldn’t coddle someone who wanted to be a kid.

“And if someone feels they are beyond the Laws of the Lex, they can either take the punishment, or leave. It’s black and white to me. The Lex is a fundamental part of what our society was built on.”

13. Likes Vincent, liked this post
    S
    Samael

Samael had to suppress the urge for a standing applause for Winter's soul-scarring wit."Good to see you again, Winter and Campanella," he smiled cheerfully to the Obrimos and Moros. "By the way, Winter, I will happily buy you a beer." He smiled to the taciturn man.

Listening to everyone speak their part, he continued writing. "I count five of the six of us voicing favor for Path Councilors," he tapped his pencil on the notepad. "I too support a fixed position of a Path Councilor.

Looking to Juris and Campanella in turn, "That's the problem, it would fluctuate wildly and - " hearing a newcomer bash the Silver Ladder, hearing his name mentioned, again, by Knot, his gaze looked out to the table. "Why even show up if you're just going to piss and moan." Samael harrumphed and his writing resumed. "Anyway, we are unanimous in our decision to have Path Councilors."

He faced Aurora and Weavebreaker, "That is always a possibility. For a while, I was the only Mastigos in town." That seemed so long ago. "A Councilor is a voluntary position. If someone refuses, then that's their decision. I propose having a contingency tie breaker. Pardon me a moment. I need coffee." The Warlock arose, swiftly moving to the table, pouring a cup of black coffee, and returned. "The Hierarch, whoever that ends up becoming, would substitute. Someone will care at that point." He opened his mouth and poured almost a quarter the coffee directly into his mouth.

Her remark on the petulance was on point. Plato came to mind. "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." He tapped his pencil on the notepad again and grumbled. "I will not be governed by wizards who wrote their True Names in crayon."

His eyes shifted to the Arrow, "I am sorry to hear that, Weavebreaker." The Mastigos sighed. "Hopefully, that will not happen again."

Checking his notepad, "Councilors - Paths." He checked the item off. "Everything we are doing is above board and in plain sight." Samael again looked at the table speaking ill of him. "Naturally, the peanut gallery will complain later. They don't have a leg to stand on."

"At this point, it may be necessary. Who wants to be a Councilor?" With a heavy, reluctant sigh, "I will nominate myself as Councilor of the Mastigos." Looking to Juris, "I would love to have you as my Provost."

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker interjected, with Samael. "No, we will have to try to proceed with maximum input."

"We each need to gather our Paths and get the other Paths to gather to try and elect Councilors. Hopefully in a smaller gathering people can focus and decide." Weavebreaker shook her head.

"We can meet up to work on the Lex in the meantime. From there, it can hopefully be verified and amended by the Council"

"We have a two-fold path to go. Draft the Lex and gather the Paths. We can at least assure one of those doesn't fall through."

Weavebreaker gave Aurora her attention, she hadn't forgotten her words. "It is hard to say who would take an active stance against Law and Order. We just have to take this one step at a time and try to build what has been built countless times and make it personal for Sacramento."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread