Watch

(1809) Guardians et al.

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

Knot sighs. "Well, if you can't win an argument with the Truth, stomping off in a huff is the next best thing I guess. The Winter experience, everyone. Indicative of the spirit of paranoia and fear that causes the Wise of Sacramento to lash out. I'm sure you'll get plenty of encores when you have your private meetings," he adds with a bit of compassion towards Nebula and Nemo.

Maybe these two Guardians wouldn't live down to the worst stereotypes of the Guardians of the Veil, not that Guardians seemed to care how others viewed them.

"Please Nemo," Knot says with a pained look on his face. "I don't speak with the sanctioned people's representatives of the San Fransisco Sinister Wizard Consortium, I meet with a small group of eccentric nerds, librarians and hobos and we argue over the impractical and esoteric minutia of the arcana. It's all Mysterium stuff. We don't talk about politics, and I divine my future before any trip. It's perfectly safe." He shrugs. "Or, well, as perfectly safe as I can ensure it to be." They didn't need to know the details of the Mysterium's Guanxi Network.

Knot shrugs at Nebula's question. "Challenge him for what? The seat? Please. I'd hope, considering this city's track record with people swooping in from outside and declaring themselves Hierarch with hidden but nefarious intent, that everyone would object to Samael making that claim. And, if for some reason everyone else did support him, I'm not foolish enough to oppose everyone. Not to mention that I'm not qualified for the position and I don't want the job if I won." He grimaces at the idea. "Now, if he, or any other Hierarch let their power go to their head and they started trying to conscript me, or order me around, or otherwise stuck their nose into my business, I'll tell them to fuck right off and challenge me if they don't like it."

"So. Fun is the new topic?" Knot asks. "Well, there's the arguing. That's the baseline of course. Then there's the the magical clock," He gestures towards the Arrow Clock-tower with his drink, "but it's been silent since before I arrived. It's apparently our only slash primary defense against Seer Chronomantic Assault." Knot bops himself on the forehead with the palm of his free hand. "Ah yes, I don't know if you know. I know I didn't. But the Seers attacked a previous timeline at what appear to be some sort of fracture points, and managed to revise the original timeline, replacing it with the one we currently experience. There's missing buildings, people, history, and so on. Aurora and Weavebreaker both claim to remember the past timeline to some degree if you wish to speak with them about it. We have a sinister soul eating garden hidden underground in a pocket of warped space and direction, connected to an esoteric labyrinth mirroring and symbolizing the Fall that seems to have been made by, what I believe are Archmages who've gathered up shards of the previous broken timeline and fitted them together in a kind of mmmm... I called it Temporal Kintsugi." He waves one hand and takes some more of the whisky. "I'm writing a paper on it. I figure I've earned the right after falling something like four miles into a sinister soul eating garden."

"But yes, there's not much community here," Knot admits. "And that's a sad state of affairs. We're a small enough group that we should do something, but I also don't trust some of our people to not try and use it as a pretext for empire building instead of getting to know one another and I expect that any gathering would eventually explode into an argument. It's a fairly populous city, I'm getting to know her and there's stuff to do." He glances over to Nemo for a moment before continuing to Bacchus. "Someone told me that apparently it has the most trees per capita in the world? What do you like to do for fun Bacchus? There's a lot of clubs, depending on what you're into..."
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

2. Likes Xander, , , Cayce liked this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

Knot sips his drink once more. "Sideways, by the way. I fell four miles sideways."

He felt that was an extremely important distinction to add.

4. Likes Cayce, liked this post

Faceshifter
    Striking Looks
    (Androgynous)
    Nemo

Carries:
    Derringer
    Makarov
    Smartphone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nemo watched Winter storm away, here eyes wide, mouth screwed up comically as she turned back to face the others. She listened as Knot explained all the disturbingly weird and impossibly momentous incidents that had happened in the city, but she held the same expression, eyes wide, and mouth all scrunched up to the side. Some might have called it nonsensical, but considering just how surreal everything was, it seemed perfectly logical to react in a similarly surreal fashion.

So, once Knot had finished, Nemo brought up her hands, making finger guns, and mimed shooting Knot, Bacchus, and Alastor.

"Pew pew pew pew!" she exclaimed, "shots fired! Like, damn, Winter does not like you, at all."

She brought her "guns" up, blew the imaginary smoke away, and then holstered them.

"Wow!" she exclaimed, smiling brightly. "I'd heard Sacramento was craazy, but this is waaay more than I was expecting. Watching you two was, like, better than HBO. And then to be brought into it, too? Like, having seniority in a random town put above membership in a global organization that's existed before Time itself? Like, damn. I see how it is.

"And while it's great that you brought some drinks,"
    Nemo continued, turning to Bacchus, "I think we should go out after this. Maybe invite Banshee, too. She seems like damn good people!"
    Nemo. Thyrsus. Guardian of the Veil 1. Striking Looks (Androgynous).

6. Likes Xander, , Vincent, liked this post
    N
    Nebula

The Winter / Knot Exchange was followed with mild interest. It seems those two have an history stretching back. Maybe they would both benefit of knowing each other better, or maybe they were both benefiting of this clashing, even if they probably didn’t realized.

But as Knot starts to describe the complex situation the city was in she couldn’t help but raise her eyebrow in surprise, then both eyebrows as he finished.

”Whoa!” She mutters in between her lips as Knot finishes.

”I agree with you Knot when you say that the Awakened of Sacramento need to know each other better…” There was something formulating in her mind and she was starting to hear the jabs from the other surrounding conversations she decided to take action.

”This is serious…” The Mastigos finishes her cigarette and drops the glass on a nearby table with the sense of someone who has found purpose and has a task to do.

”And I think Nemo is right on getting out there and pitching in. I think I might add one or two points to the discussion.” A Consilium would only be as good as the magi who inhabited it but having a close knit group definitely helped that.

With that Nebula turns and addresses the Magi.

Addressing everyone in main scene.

Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

"I mean I'm not to everyone's tastes, I'll admit," Knot says.

And despite what he's sure some people think, Knot actually does know how to pay attention to the world around him. He stands up after Nebula finishes, and speaks his mind to the gathered community.

Addressing the main scene

Presence
    (Genial)
    Striking Looks
    (Scruffy)
    Bacchus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Winter's wit and words bit with all the intensity of a plush toy. Bacchus's eyebrow quirked up in confusion, pondering how an offhand comment became indicative of a grievous mental blow to the taciturn man. He listened to Knot as the Mystogogue recounted the city's woes. The Shaman's eyes went wide as the single sip switched to a single drink. As Knot asked about his idea of fun though he had to resist the urge to say oogling women and drinking. However, the response had to be limited to an unsolicited smirk to the outside world.

"Thanks for the heads up Knot."The Shaman raised his glass as the Enchtanter strode off before turning his attention to Nemo. The hand guns got a chuckle, and her remarks a nod of acknowledgement. As people began to return to the main discussion, Bacchus rolled his eyes at Winter.

"Don't forget that you can't have an opinion until people know which label to put on you." The Shaman looked down into his near empty glass for a moment. The condescension and secrecy drove him away from considering membership in the Diamond orders, and did little to enamor him to their positions now. With a sigh he returned his attention to Nemo.

"One of you two want to go chat with Banshee and we can all do a thing together later?" Eyes wandered from the note to the Unseelie beauty guarding the pizza he was starting to crave. "I think I have something I'd like to say."

The Shaman rose from his seat, finished his glass, placed it on the table, and began to walk towards Nebula. He then froze, turned around, grabbed the whiskey bottle, and resumed his trajectory.

Bacchus returns to the main thread.

10. Likes , liked this post

Faceshifter
    Striking Looks
    (Androgynous)
    Nemo

Carries:
    Derringer
    Makarov
    Smartphone

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Guess...I'll go talk to Banshee, then," Nemo agrees with a shrug, walking over to the join the Pizza Party.
    Nemo. Thyrsus. Guardian of the Veil 1. Striking Looks (Androgynous).

12. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread