Watch

(1809) Organization Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

Knot claps his hands once, after everyone has said what they were going to say.

"Well. A Path-based council it is then!"

He looks around the room at everyone.

"Seems the next order of business is everyone splitting up by path and deciding who's councilor. We have plenty of time left today, so lets be about it everyone. Then we get to decide who Hierarch is from the people who aren't chosen to be Councilors."

After all, if they're going to have the best representatives chosen by the Paths to be on the Council, there's no sense in then discarding that decision to find the second best Path representative now, is there? That would be foolish!

"How exciting."

Knot heads off to speak with Hamia, to settle the Acanthus Position.
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

C
    Cricket

Cricket comes out from the blissful safety of the pizza party now that a decision had been made. He gave a wave to the group. "Hey folks, Cricket here, sorry about that. Those flowers in the attic won't water themselves ya know? Seems real refreshing here though." He tossed out since he'd heard the words Libertine and incest paired together earlier.

He waved to Weavebreaker . "See, told you I'd be back and I still gotta give you my card." He said patting his pocket that now held them, fingers just itching to produce one at even a glimmer of interest.

He'd really come here to find Aurora though and made his way to her. "Hey-Hey again. So, I'mma be honest. Don't really know any of ya, but hey -- that's the nature of this innit? You've got my vote for Hierarch because--" He rattled the reasons off and counted them on his thumb, pointer, and middle. "You seem cool, didn't hear you be an asshat to anyone here even once, and know you've got the experience. That's if you even want the role and if ya do, I'll take on Counselor duty if you'll junior member train me. Not to toot my own horn, but -- toot, toot -- I do make a mean muffin basket." By make, he meant purchase and by mean, he meant cheap, but still. Muffins and welcoming, or whatever else the Counselors actually did 'round here.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Fortunately the bullshit was over, the vote had been settled and they could now move to something more meaty.
    The Thyrsus had to be some sort of Shakespearean fool, every once in a while he'd strike a vein of truth and it would ring with the audience. Not to end the way of King Lear, hopefully. Yes, Aurora or Campanella are good choices. He cautiously studied the woman, trying to discern her reaction.

S
    Samael

Samael smiled as the votes were tallied. A Council of Paths had won out by a majority vote. The Awakened voted and made the right choice. There was a reason the Atlantean Traditions had survived countless millennia.

The Acanthus leaving in a huff meant one less headache for him. There was the Apostate, Bacchus, who had stayed. The fact he did so, surprised him.

The Mage known as Cricket joined the game of politics. He was nominating Aurora as Hierarch. Interesting. He liked the idea of Aurora serving as that role. She was incredibly polite, yet, politeness only worked so well when dealing with an agitator.

Samael chose not to sit idle. He declared his intentions before all who were assembled. "I seek the position of Hierarch. My qualification includes my status as a Facotum."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It seemed Path had won. They had the structure of a real Consilium again, things were moving forward.

This would only serve to strengthen them as a whole. And she hoped those who voted against it, would jump on board.

And as Cricket approached, she realized it was time to decide Councilor. Which worked for her cause the position kinda just happened.

But then his words floored her.

Blue eyes blink away surprise.

Hierarch? Her?

There was a light chuckle as she shakes her head, “Hierarch isn’t for me. Yes, I have the experience, but I lack the drive to be in such a role. And me not being an asshat only extends so far.” Her smile remained as she shrugged. “But I’m willing to discuss the position of Counselor, it kinda fell into my lap at the time. Is it something you want to take on? And, thanks for the vote of confidence with Hierarch.” The smile was genuine, as was her tone. It kinda felt good to know someone thought you could take over such a position. But it had never been something she ever wanted.

An eyebrow was then raised at Samael standing up and wanting the Hierarch seat. Which she wasn’t sure about. Sure, he was a nice guy and was qualified, but no one really knew him. And that could work against him.

6. Likes , Benji liked this post
    Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker took the card from Cricket. "Thank you." With that, she took time to get the information put into the safety of her phone.

"Really the next big step is going to be all the paths getting off to the side." Weavebreaker said to all. "Be aware, that as Councilor, you will be tasked with helping to create the Lex. It is no small feat." Weavebreaker said with a soft nod.

"The Mighty? Shall we?" Weavebreaker head off to the side, so the Obrimos could hash it out.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

8. Likes Benji liked this post

Presence
    (Genial)
    Striking Looks
    (Scruffy)
    Bacchus

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Neat Cricket." Bacchus said with all the joy of someone who isn't quite sure how to move forward with the conversation except a 'hell no' to Samael. "Let's step to the side and speak a bit more privately about that as a Path."

Bacchus is asking the Shamans (including Nemo if she likes) to join him here.

10. Likes Benji liked this post
    A
    Alastor

Alastor chuckled as Samuel rushed right in to claim the title of Heirarch.

"Well, I can't say I'm surprised that the Silver Ladder wants to roll in, install a government, and be at the top of it. You're well trained for it."

He rose to his feet, arms akimbo.

"But I don't serve mandates that haven't been proven worthy, and I don't know you from Adam. And while it is just one step on the path of proving yourself worthy... the Hierarch shall be the Wisest; which means you're dueling me to prove your magical worth, at the very least. If not Campanella, or Weavebreaker, or Langdon, or one of the others."

As he said each name, he glanced to each; this wasn't a job fair. One didn't just crack out a resume.

"No offence intended, Counselor. But untested strength and all that..."

C
    Cricket

Cricket beamed as he handed Weavebreaker the card and followed it up with a thumbs up her way before he grinned back to Aurora , “No probs, I mean not trying to butter up or anything. Just only heard good things, you’ve got history here, and – most importantly to me, you haven’t gotten into a fight with anyone.” He looked over to Samael as he threw his hat into the ring, mentally shrugging since he didn’t have many strong feelings either way, before back to Aurora. “Eh, can’t blame ya, but I’ll trust your opinion on who you think should then.”

The further question of Councilor brought out a physical shrug. “I’mma be honest. It was more just backup if you did want to trade in for a bigger hat. Wants pretty strong. If you’re comfortable holding the fort, I still think you’re more qualified.” He gave a chuckle and brought a hand up to ruffle the hair at the back of his head. “I woulda preferred a whole different setup, but I don’t want to be a snob. No one’s totally right – or entirely wrong either and I’m open to the idea that maybe I could learn a thing or two from the Diamond. I’d rather find a way to work with the team and move forward together, which I get is sorta rough if I refuse to play ball just on principle.”

Then Bacchus was ushering them into a huddle and his head tilted. He didn’t really understand the need for privacy in the matter, but sure. He plodded on over.

Cricket joins the Thrysus side convo

The proceedings are disturbed by a sudden, powerful sound emanating all throughout the Circle. Except, it was not truly a sound. It was something much more ominous: a pulse through the weft of time itself, as loud and sudden as the hand of a clock the size of the universe itself violently crashing to a stop. For a moment, each mage wondered if their eardrums had burst, for all seemed still and quiet, and then another sharp, violent pulse was felt, the hand of the Clock falling down again.

Then again.

Then again.

Time itself had rolled back. The Universe wrenched into the past, yet just by mere moments. What had just occurred, what was now, irrevocably, the future, was still fresh in everyone's mind.

For the moment, the Acanthus had no Councilor.

A challenge had been issued among the Thyrsus, a duel to the death over the seat of Councilor, though it was an Obrimos, Weavebreaker, that had tried to answer it before the only Master of Life present, Aurora, had accepted the challenge. At the behest of others, the challenge was rescinded, but no Councilor had been decided.

This left Samael, Sand, and Campanella as the only Councilors officially declared.

However, the Resonance that was now flooding from the Clock suggested that, soon, there would be very serious issues a foot. As such, the current Consilium was concluded, leaving the triumvirate of Councilors to begin working on the Lex Magica, and the rest of the Consilium to prepare for what else might come.

So, the rollback is fortuitous as a plot device! Once the current mage plot wraps, I'll begin rolling out the next Plots. In the meantime, those interested in the Lex can do their thang, and we'll open the next informal Consilium on the 1st.

14. Likes deltadream, , Xander, Stray, liked this post
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread