Ended
Watch

A Question of Intent

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    L
    Lina Moretti

"I sure did, and I did that because you both represented yourself and our Clan well, and then provided useful and timely intelligence on a matter of great importance to the Domain," Moretti replied. "And then, when you Recognized and started publicly tying your star to a sinking ship, I formed a different, lesser opinion. Yes. I disagree with your judgment in Recognizing him. Not running away from being in trouble does not constitute a rising star. It constitutes someone who shouldn't be kicked out of the Domain."

A finger came up, in a 'but wait' sort of way.

"I don't think his ability to get shot outweighs your actually useful skill set, Verne. But so long as I am Priscus, I will not see our good eggs putting themselves out there publicly in support of our dumpster fires. So. Here's what we're going to do."

That finger points. Straight. At. Her.

"You're going to be the Whip. And as your first task? If you're going to tie your star to a dumpster fire, I'll expect you to put it out."

Priscus Moretti smiled.

"Every little thing he does, you will be responsible for in my eyes, and I will do my level best to make sure the Elders see it the same way, too. My public opinion of you, until such a time as I feel he has learned or he is gone, will be exactly the same as my public opinion of him. Which means you had best go get him to pay Prestation or find some other way to make up for insulting me before the Clan, right fucking quick, just to get my opinion of you to the point of Acknowledged next time I start talking about you publicly. If he sinks, you sink. But... if he turns it around with your help, your stock will fly accordingly. Capiche?"

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Clara knew what was coming in her bones from the moment Lina pointed at her. The Bacchante heard out her words and nodded but she wasn't thinking on Davis or the political liability he was.

She was remembering her Brother. She was remembering, not even a decade into her Requiem, when she was set out to the wolves and left for dead. She wasn't worth anything at the time. A neonate with the black stains of Amaranth on her aura. What had he said again?

Don't worry, dear Sister. It's not your fault. You're just my responsibility now.

The words rang in her head. She was sympathetic to Davis. Any other Domain he might have been ash for what he'd done so far, but here in Sacramento there was opportunity for him to rise again.

She had also walked herself into this shitstorm apropos of nothing with a smile and all the praise she had showered on him. To protect him. Am I trying to be like Julian? He was so much better and smarter and stronger than she'd ever be. What's more, he always knew what he was doing.

"Your judgement is beyond generous, Priscus Moretti. I accept and will serve as your Whip." The words slipped out in a breathy voice as Clara took in the other brunette. "I understand what I've tied myself to and will fix him accordingly. I am not so generous as to end my Requiem for another's sake." What was it Roland always said when entering a new domain? Alea iacta est. Yes, that felt appropriate.

3. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti's look was long and calculating, the investigator's eyebrow raising before she smiled. All right. No objections, nothing. Either she was very certain, or possessed of very poor judgment.

They'd find out soon enough which that was.

"All right. You pull this off and I'm sure there'll be more in it for you than just my good opinion."

The Invictus probably didn't like the egg on their face any more than the Succubi did.

"Now. Demonstrate your capacity to transcend curses put upon you - make me not want him to disappear."

A smirk crossed her face as she tossed Dragonese out there. She rose, and offered a handshake. Plainly, the meeting was done.

"Welcome to the team, Clara."

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Of course Lina brings up rewards now. Only a fool would take on this errand. Bust out my motley, then.

"I consider it my first act as your Whip, Priscus Moretti. You shall be made whole and Prestation will be yours. Would you also like me to ensure that a suitable compensation is made for Seneschal York and Duchess Twist?"

The political calculus on this all pointed to not taking on this position or John's status as her own. But he had a genuine desire to stay, she'd sensed. And he spoke of Prestation as well. When the choice was ash or the Debt of the Damned, best borrow.

"And do not think that Davis shall take up all of my nights. I'd be a poor Whip if my Priscus couldn't call upon me when she had need of me."

L
    Lina Moretti

"I'm sure if the Elders want you to do something, they'll tell you," she said with a smile. "I doubt he'd still be standing if Twist felt insulted."

Lina gave her a thumbs up. "You have a great night, Whip Verne."

Great scene, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.