After the whole blessing the sacred grove stuff, Mablebecame very interested in tree ceremonies and rituals. She did what she always did and consulted ahigher being, GOOGLE. First she foundsome interesting tidbits:

1) Nemetona (“goddess of the sacred grove”)
2) InSanskrit, druid literally translates to ‘tree knowledge‘, where ‘dru‘ meanstree and ‘wid‘ means knowledge
3) Acting as the sacred tree of the Norsemen,Yggdrasil held the important position of being the symbol that connected humanswith their gods

While these were fun and interesting they didn’t explainrituals of trees. She knew the tree oflife was prevalent in most mythologies and religions. So maybe she would make up her own ritual tohold in the sacred grove. She reallywanted to pay respect and honor to the goddess and to the life-giving trees inher care.

Armed with ideas she found on-line Mable went off to thewoods. Once in the grove she stared at thestill glowing ritual blessing she and Krieg had done together in wonderment. Her blood and his were mixed to make thishappen. She then checked on the two saplingsthey had planted. “You two beauties arelooking wonderful. I hope the grove istreating you well.” She gently touchedeach of the two trees leaves and silently thanked the goddess.

Then Mable walked over to the one lone sapling which wastouched by moonlight. This was a specialtree. It was her tree. She had planted it even before she hadthought to join the circle. It was hervery own tree of life. It representedstrength and growth. It representedsetting down roots here in Sacramento.

Smiling Mable went over to a stump and slowlyundressed. She pulled her hair out ofthe ponytail holder. She stood therenaked with her long hair tumbling down her back. She picked up a small bucket she brought withher and went down to the edge of the nearby pond. Wading into the pond to about her waist shefilled the bucket with water. The moon wasbeautiful as it reflected off the surface of the water. Mable took in a breath and slowly released itwashing away any angst she may have felt from everyday life.

She then walked out of the water across the sand that Krieg had protected her from just the other day. Water glistened on her pale skin as she reentered the grove. She walked over to her tree and set down thebucket next to it. And spoke.

“Hello, my friend, giver of life to many.” She touches each leaf in a caressingmanner. “I wish to thank you and yourfamily for all that you do.” Her handsrun down the firm trunk of the tree. “Ivow to help you all grow strong and large.” She runs her hand back up thetrunk. “I vow to give of myself to help ensure your safety and well-being.”

Mable picks up the water. “May the sun warm you to your roots. And may this water hydrate yourbranches and leaves.” She slowly poursthe water on the little tree. “One day Ihope to share my life blood with you in hopes that you will grow to be hard,strong, yet soft and gentle. May thegoddess look down upon you and give you protection until you are able to helpprotect these woods and the beings of this world.” Mable kneels in front of the tree and placesher hands on the dirt just above the roots. She bowed her head, "Thank you, Goddess, for all of your bounty and love."

She then stands and grabs a towel from her bag as well asher clothes. She goes back to the littlesandy beach and lays out her towel and clothes before walking back into thewater where she swims naked in the moonlight.