Ended
Watch

(1808) The Lords

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

As Rebecca rose from her bow to Aaron, she shifted slightly to give the three of them some space away from Vivian and Blackbird. An opportunity to allow two families to meet and greet.

Jumping off from Aaron's words of assurance, Rebecca spoke. "As Priscus van Valen says, we are here to help. What brings you to Sacramento Ms. Cohen?"

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley offered Aaron a curtsy. "Aaron van Valen, Priscus of Clan Ventrue, it is a pleasure."

"I have concluded some business and am simply returning." She offered the two. "As a good, yet absent servant of the domain, I am humbly following the protocols."

"I thank you greatly for your time and attentiveness to help see that through." Ashley's eyes shifted to Rebecca.

"Madam Whip has been most gracious, as well."

"Now as to where I have been, across the Pacfiic in a town called Владивосто́к."
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

'A pleasure indeed,' the smile does not fade from Aaron's expression, as he is eager to get to know this individual.

Immediately, she reveals noteworthy information. She has been in the Domain before. Would she challenge their positions?

'Really? In that case, welcome back, Miss cohen. I do not know how long you've been gone, but I'm sure a lot has changed.'
    For one: Rebecca and Aaron are here. Two: In case she's been gone long enough, the Ventrue Prince is gone.

Power shifts so easily.

Curiosity strikes again, when the newcomer returning cousin mentions a Russian city. 'Business across the Pacific? Of a mundane nature?'

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Ah. Returning. "I hope your business was fruitful," Rebecca said with a friendly smile. At her mention of Rebecca being 'gracious' she merely offered the woman with the piercing blue eyes a polite nod of her head.

The name of the Russian sounding place was lost on Rebecca, but she followed Aaron's train of thought and waited to hear the nature of her business, if she was willing to disclose it.

But she did not only wait for a response, but instead pushed forward with questions. "As you have probably already gathered, I am of the First Estate," she said, her head tilting slightly while holding her simple smile. "Priscus van Valen is of the Ordo Dracul. What about yourself?"

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you." Ashley said to Aaron. "Madam Whip," Ashley motioned to Rebecca. "Was most kind and on point with catching me up to the pertinent changes."

"The business was rather mundane." Ashley added, though in truth with the supposed Russian interference, it was a bit of a logistics nightmare.

"As for myself, I am Carthian." Ashley offered a smile.

Social Combat

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

'Great.' So at least they were still changes for the petite blue-eyed Lord. 'If you require any further, more specific updates, do not hesitate to ask.'

He nods then. Mundane business would tell him more about this woman, but the business itself might already interest him less. Also, she did not seem too eager to share.

Then she said it: Carthian. The whole play field suddenly changes. Perhaps not so much for Aaron, but more for Rebecca. He glances at his Whip. How would she react? Politely for sure. She would smile. The drug dealer good doctor always does.

But what would she think?

'Carthian? It seems our Clan, and the Domain as a whole, is growing in diversity then. Something to appreciate, as it keeps things interesting, moving around, and pushing for change. I hope you did not come back expecting some old Covenant members to be around.'
    It seems he is sincere, rather than what could have easily been demeaning.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca nodded along with Aaron as he again offered Ashley help should she need it. It was a family's job after all to help and make sure Lords did not embarrass themselves like some others had. She also found it interesting that Ashley did not elaborate about her business, especially with family. She was most curious about the nature of such...mundane business.

And then the surprise was given. "Carthian you say?" she said, allowing her eyebrow to raise just so, a smile on her lips. "I believe you're the first I've meet since coming to Sacramento." If there were any negative feelings or impressions towards the woman's choice of covenant, they did not appear on Rebecca's face. The only thing Rebecca appeared was polite and friendly.

She then turned her head to Aaron. "You are quite right Priscus van Valen. It is always important to have diversity, not just of beliefs but of opinions and ideas as well." She turned her head back to look at Ashley. "I hope we'll be able to work together in the future. I suspect your arrival will only benefit our clan." Of course if she proved herself otherwise Rebecca would certainly do something about that.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley listened to both of them speak, giving each her attention in turn. She did not really care to harp to much on Covenant politics, as familia matters held precedence.

"While I am sure that the laws have no changed, I am fine with a refresher." Ashley said respectfully to Aaron.

"Beyond that, I am wondering what her Majesty and yourself would expect for privileges to be granted. A clear pathway if you will. I am not expectant of any handouts."

With that, Ashley bit her lip. "Finally," Ashley's attention shifted and was shared with Rebecca. "I will impart a gift to both of you. As a gesture of goodwill amongst family." Ashley tilted her head slightly as she looked between them. "If possible, could we meet to discuss that another night, though?" Ashely held no qualms about discussing it now, but she hoped that they would take it as a more private matter.

Social Combat

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Aaron is glad Rebecca reacts as he expected. It would have been awkward to have an immediate political drama right here in Court. But he also suspects Ashley is used to keeping a low profile with so many Invictus around. Of course, he has no idea of the history of the two Covenants before his arrival.

'Of course, Miss Cohen. I have them handwritten with me.'
    The Ventrue Priscus copied the Seneschal here. Her way of presentation made sense enough. He produces an envelope from a back pocket and takes a neatly folded piece of paper from it. He unfolds it, and hands it over to Ashley: an updated version of the Laws of the Domain.

Privileges?

'I think a good place to start is to officially Acknowledge you, and welcome you into the Domain. I'm sure you would like to feed after such long journey.'
    She had not asked for it directly, but perhaps the Carthian had not considered it necessary.

Gifts?

What an Invictus thing to do. 'Consider me curious, Miss Cohen. We should definitely meet another night in a more private setting then. Let's exchange contact information right away. Though I am currently in the middle of moving, I should have time available soon.'

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca watched as Aaron performed his Priscus duties. Funny enough, it was at that moment that Rebecca was thankful that she was merely the political force behind the political face. Interesting how they were the only two Ventrue at one time and yet they made such a perfect team.

Then, with a quick read and refresher of the laws, Ashley was Acknowledged. She then shifted and made a request for directions on what appeared to be a path to Tenancy. Rebecca found the request ironic since both Aaron and herself had received it merely as part of their negotiation over who would lead. She was quite curious what such a path for Ashley would look like, though Rebecca would leave the decision purely in his capable hands.

It was talk of gifts that finally caused Rebecca to speak up again. "Gifts?" she said in a playful tone. "You certainly know how to make a good first impression I see. Here," she said, reaching into her purse and pulling out a simple business card. It was mostly bare except for the words The Doctor. She then pulled a pen out of her bag and wrote down her number. "I would enjoy us having a private family meeting to discuss this gift."

Rebecca then shifted from one leg to the other, using the movement to change topics. "I'm curious. The city you mentioned. Was it Russian? Eastern European? I'll be honest, I'm much more familiar with Western European languages."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.