(Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird offered the fire-haired Vivian York a small curtsy in acknowledgement of her esteemed position as she approached and gracefully accepted the Seneschal's unspoken invitation, walking down the less busy hallway so that they might discuss her arrival. As they walked, Blackbird would keep her head low in a careful reverence. She was new here and it would not do well for her rub the Prince's right hand in the wrong way. Caution was necessary.

"I am grateful for your audience, Seneschal, as I said it is my intention to attain Acknowledgement in this domain. As for my reasons? There comes a point when one must seek a niche away from their sire in order to continue their growth. To be frank, it was simply time to leave San Jose, but I promise you the parting with our cousins there was amicable."

Announcing her intent, she would lift her head and lock her gaze with alluring elder Daeva. "I do not seek individual Tenancy, of course, it would be foolish to expect personal feeding grounds that when your Domain knows nothing of me. Rites to communal feeding and the rite to establish a haven here will suffice. Unless I am able to prove myself worthy of greater boons in the eyes of the Prince of course."

Blackbird would let the statement sit as she walked a ways further, "I am well aware the boon of a home is not without a price, however. As such, I ask only that you state your requirement for sponsoring my acknowledgement. I may not be a soldier, but their are many other arenas in which I am capable."

The confidence in the last statement was evident in Blackbird's expression, a self-assured smile decorating her lips as she eagerly awaited the Seneschal's response. She had come this far and the pale-eyed neonate was willing to indebt herself - to a point - if necessary.

2. Likes liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

The new Succubus either wanted to get this over with quickly, or she had shifted Domains enough to know protocols were similar. Even so, it was a relief to know she didn't have to spell things out for her like the wanker Dixie. Vivian couldn't help but blink with pleasant surprise.

"Wonderful to hear. I also came to this Domain to part with my Sire for amicable reasons." Yet the reasons of why they left Toronto were for her own knowledge. "Is your Sire still in San Jose?" She was curious if the captivating woman's maker was still in their original Domain. If he was, she may visit, and that would not be that big of a deal.

With all the proper words, etiquette and presentation that this Blackbird showed Vivian, suddenly she felt almost like one of those travelling religions people. Have you heard of the Invictus, you would make a great addition. But, that was far too much to bombard someone who was unknown and untested. But it hit her radar like a lightning bolt.

"I really must thank you for expediently offering up knowledge of yourself, and what your expectations were in the Domain thus far. I really appreciate that, more than you know." She smiled very genuinely.

From her pocket, the Daeva pulled out a piece of paper which wasn't a normal shape. It was rolled, and very thin. It was hand written with the noted Laws of the Domain upon it. Vivian handed Blackbird the small scroll and motioned her to open it. "Please read, and let me know if you have questions and I will answer them to the best of my ability."

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird saw the blink. Definitely a boost to the little Daeva's ego, clearly her mental preparations - and a little bit of her sire's guidance during her time with him - had paid off. She was attentive when he aimed to teach, though somewhat less so in other scenarios.

The confident neonate's smile tugged a little wider when she heard Vivian appeared to share some semblance to her own past at the mention that the similarities between the circumstances of their arrivals to Sacramento. Still the Seneschal had asked a question hadn't she?

"Yes, he remains there," Blackbird stated. Her smile remained, but some of her 'pep' wilted slightly, "but our contact will likely be infrequent. He has... his own interests." Their split was amicable, the circumstances leading up to it? Less so.

However, the diminishment was brief, as the enticing elder Daeva paid her compliments. There it was. Praise. It was at this moment, Blackbird locked her eyes with the fire-haired Daeva and answered her genuine smile with one of her own. The neonate held the locking gaze only for a moment, though likely long enough for the Seneschal to note the effect. Her ego boosted, Blackbird's poise became more self-assured.

The young vampire readily took the scroll and, as she was bidden, she dutifully unrolled the scroll and looked upon its content. Blackbird smiled. The structure was not unlike what she had experienced in San Jose save for two things: the authoritarian tone of words and the feeding restrictions levied against all Kindred.

"I must admit, these feeding restrictions are quite creative... Their value to the First Tradition must be immense." It was clear the neonate was taking her time to digest the information before her. Police are inclined to investigate... feeding from their comrades would only drive that instinct further. And the others are like heroes to the kine, should something happen to them, people would notice.

After a few more long moments, Blackbird quietly rolled the scroll, "I don't have any questions. These Laws are clear... Judging by the text, it seems the Prince is not overly lenient. This is good. It gives her favor and those of her officials more merit, I think."

Unsure whether or not Vivian desired the scroll back, Blackbird held it out to her, though their was the briefest of hesitations before doing so, which evidenced her age. This was her first time attempting to enter a new domain, after all. She wasn't going to be completely perfect.

"I would gladly abide by these Laws, if you would deem it appropriate to allow me."

L
    Lina Moretti

The Grand Wyrm of the Ordo Dracul approached, having left her couch and her quiet conversation with the Priscus of Shadows just a moment before. "Seneschal." Nod. "Newbie." Nod, with a genuine smile and a playful tone. No disrespect here, even if her Beast wanted blood spilled and rattled urgently against thinned walls...

"I'll let you finish your business, but I wanted to come say hello."

Beyond that, she didn't butt in. Let the boss do her job.

V
    Vivian York

Upon the arrival of her Cousin, Vivian was all smiles, even more so as it would seem. “Good evening Miss Moretti. If you haven’t met yet, this is Miss Blackbird.” Nodding to the gorgeous woman she was in conversation.

“Indeed, they are very valuable to Kindred. The provide services to the community thereby an important part of Kindred society.” The new Daeva didn’t question this law, but seemed to simply understand. Much more than other past members had. Vivian was pleased she didn’t have to go into detail about this.

Even the comment about the Prince’s lack of leniency was wonderful. Although, did this mean she had a few tricks up her sleeve? Only time had that answer, but currently she doubted this would be an issue.

“I still speak with my Sire via phone and extremely heavy in slang or a rhetoric we’d established years ago being out in the public. He isn’t just my sire, but an old friend.” Vivian never liked to say they years that passed with her and her sire. If no on asked, she didn’t bother to tell.

Our Prince will be pleased to hear you do so.

“So now that all of that is squared away, what are your past times? Or, do you have any current interests you’d like to pursue in Sacramento?”

“For example, do you belong to a Covenant? If you mentioned it when arriving, forgive me for not quite hearing the declaration.” Vivian seemed open to hear whatever Blackbird had to say and from the tone of her voice, whatever her choice on the matter wouldn’t bother her in the slightest.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird glanced to the approaching Cousin, looking her over as she spoke and as the Seneschal later introduced her. After the Dragon had said hello and introductions had been made, the young neonate bowed her head lightly.

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Moretti."

Unsure whether Moretti aimed to speak with the Seneschal or herself following their business, Blackbird simply smiled and returned her gaze to the Seneschal. Still, if she was Moretti's target once the acknowledgement was settled, the neonate would be happy entertain the notions. As her sire was so fond of saying in court, Let the games begin.

Blackbird listened politely as the Seneschal spoke of her continued contact and arguably healthy (or so it seemed) relationship with her sire. Then came the acknowledgment. Blackbird's form visibly relaxed as the Seneschal subtly welcomed her formally into the city. She had already made plans to establish a haven, of course, in the event she succeeded in impressing the Court enough. A few short phone calls was all she would need to do in order to get it established, but that could wait until after Court.

The Seneschal dove deeper and her questions about Blackbird's interests and past life caused visible hesitation in the neonate, followed by a long pause. It was clear she had not expected this line of questioning. However, it would not do to leave the questions unanswered. That would cast suspicion, which she couldn't afford.

"I am unaligned for the moment, Seneschal. The issue of covenant isn't one that should be made lightly and it was the agreement between my sire and I that I remain unaligned while I remained in his haven. That said, there are certainly paths I favor now that I am afforded a choice. Time will tell."

Another pause followed as Blackbird considered her past. She wanted to choose her words carefully. And rightfully so. Still, the truth seemed to be the best route.

"As for my time among the kine? I was... groomed by a Hunter by the name of Ray Finch. To assist in his hunts, he had coaxed me to develop an interest in supernatural lore and esoteric mysteries. Once I was learned enough, I became a source for information and research for him and his allies. I never worked in the field, however."

There was emphasis on the last statement.

"These are also the services I offer our brethren and the Prince. I am willing to consult the notes and books I have collected over the years, should it be needed. Of course, should the information I provide prove useful to the Domain, it is my humble requests that I recieve favors that we can discuss at a later date once I've proven myself."

L
    Lina Moretti

"Ah!" Lina offered the handsome Daeva a shake. "Blackbird. Nice to meet you. Lina Moretti, Grand Wyrm of the Ordo Dracul. Welcome."

Oh. She was an occultist! She glanced over at Aaron, subconsciously; perhaps they would get on well? Aaron was a bona fide nerd, but this one, she sounded like she was into it for practical reasons. A Hunter - turned vampire. Somewhere in the back of her mind, Moretti wondered if she had sympathies for them or if she was particularly vengeful...

"A Hunter occultist, turned Kindred. Talk about overcoming old ways."

She looked to the Seneschal, with a half-smile on her face.

"Her timing is pretty impeccable, though..."

V
    Vivian York

“There’s nothing wrong with being unaligned. I was unaligned for many years, even after I came to this Domain. Within the last year I joined a Covenant. You’re correct, it all has to do with the timing of things.” She smiled with a slight shrug.

“Do you read, go out clubbing, to the bars, smoke, imbibe, or anything of the sort?” She paused her hand. “If you don’t feel like sharing, that is quite understandable. I’m not only the Seneschal, but I would say I am a bit of a ‘tour guide’ to Sacramento. I’m pretty versed in things to do and what is open during our waking hours if you should find yourself in need of anything.” All the Daeva could do was at least offer her help, she wasn’t about to push a new family member past her own comfort.

It didn’t seem like Blackbird liked to do anything for fun. There were a few Daeva now that did not like to party or have much association with the outside world past their own Society. Vivian couldn’t help but rise a brow when Blackbird mentioned that she was a former Hunter. There were now two of them in the Domain. There were more Hunters coming to the Domain. There was no way in hades she would reveal it to anyone any time soon. “I believe our Prince and those who are patrolling the Domain could use this valuable advice.”

As far as proving herself and favors, Vivian wasn’t about to promise anything. She smiled at Lina with a nod. “Yes, the timing is rather great. Is there anything that you could bring her up to speed on Miss Moretti?”

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird gratefully took the Grand Wyrms hand as it was offered, shaking it briefly before letting go.

"Thank you, Grand Wyrm. I am pleased to make your acquaintance."

Looking back to the Seneschal, a tinge of embarassment crossed the neonate's face before she remembered herself.

"I apologize, Seneschal York, I... misunderstood what you meant by my interests. I had assumed you wanted to know what I could offer the Domain in exchange for my residency."

Blackbird looked away for a moment, shaking her head at her mistake before her lips parted to sound off a small chuckle, providing levity to herself, if no one else.

"I don't spend all my time engrossed in the occult. That would be... well, dull, I think. The nightlife provides us more than just meal tickets and I'd be a fool to engage in it. Live music is awesome! Punk, metal, rock... That kind of stuff, but I'm not big on concerts. Part of music is the experience, you know? My sire may disagree with it, but some the best nights I've had before and after the Embrace went hand in hand with shit beer and loud music."

Blackbird laughed again, but... perhaps she was getting a bit too casual? The young neonate cleared her throat and returned to her previous poise as Moretti and Vivian spoke of her past and its relevance to their Hunter situation. The surprise on Blackbird's face was evident. She was unaware the hunters were becoming a problem, but relished the idea of using her experiences with them as a means to establish herself. Thus, when the Dragon and Seneschal mentioned the boons it could provide, Blackbird responded with veiled eagerness.

"I am uncertain what knowledge I can provide, but I'd happily meet with the Prince and our protectors, if you feel I might provide some insight. I was... only an archivist, but I knew some things about their organization. It's unlikely they are connected to Finch though, as far as I know he has been inactive for the last decade, at least in the field. He'd be in his sixties now, so that's not a surprise... I am not a soldier, but if he is involved, I'd relish the opportunity to land the final blow."

Blackbird's eyes and voice grew cold at this last statement. Genuine anticipation emanated as she discussed even the possibility of visiting pain on what was, by now, an elderly Hunter who may not even be much of a threat. Blackbird did not care. If a chance existed to help her new family tear down her father​, she would leap at it. And if he was not involved? The blood of other Hunters would sate her just as well.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina knew exactly what to bring Blackbird up to speed on. She glanced the Daeva neonate up and down, efficiently calculating something in the back of her mind. "Yes, ma'am. There is something, indeed."

With a half-smile, she said, "There's a significant Hunter situation going on in the Domain. Soon, I'll be coordinating a meeting between different teams that have been investigating elements of the problem to put together a unified solution. You've barely moved in, so I get if you don't feel ready yet..."

The half-smile turned into a grin.

"But you sound so damn right for the job that I just gotta see what you can do. You interested?"

The eagerness was contagious. Moretti glanced from Blackbird to the Priscus and back.

"We'll earn our drinks with Seneschal York through success."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread