Ended
Watch

(Mirror Maze) Meet and Greet!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    B
    Barnabas

Barnabas' face remained unchanged; attentive eyes with no facial ticks. He nodded as Sasha explained the minutia. The Beast wondered if he'd unintentionally sprung a loaded question on the woman but she answered with aplomb. Barnabas' monstrous grin cracked into a Cheshire cat smile. "Thank you! I'd not disrespect your hospitality by bringing the Freehold any unnecessary trouble." He raised a hand with the palm facing Sasha. "No mischief, I assure you. I just eat my fill and pay hospitality in kind. No agenda beyond me and mine." His hand lightly fell to his lap.

Then Sasha surprised Barnabas. Insisting that there'd always be food for him to eat at gatherings. "You're too kind." He said sincerely. He wasn't sure if he'd eat; the thought of eating what he didn't acquire or kill on his own didn't sit well with him. Then again fresh meat in front of the Beast had a way of bending such self-imposed convictions.

The stranger who wore his old friend's face elaborated on his own reflective affliction. Then he punctuated his confession with an uncomfortably loud crack of the neck. Sasha took Peter's emotional confiding in the tea party as a moment to express sympathy as only someone who'd been in the madlands can. Barnabas kept his big mouth shut.

He nodded at Peter's and Sasha's words and the universality behind them. Then he remembered something someone had said earlier in the month. He coughed to clear his throat. "Well, it is no small relief when there's a Freehold that can shelter us." He said looking to Peter and then to Sasha. "No small thing for we're stronger when we're together."

P
    Peter Wright

Peter had been a downer. And that bothered him because he revealed too much of his own concerns. Too much truth. As Sasha followed up he put on a smile. "Nothing to do about it, I think.
    Just a fear. But thank you, I appreciate the thought. If you two need to talk about it too I can listen."
    He thought of himself as a good listener.

Peter then turned to look at Barnabas. "We definitely are stronger together. So that's good right? I mean, compared to where we were things are looking up. Positive even."

S
    Sasha

She smiled warmly, “I really appreciate that Barnabas.” The Dancer also hoped he would be true to his words. “If you should find any issues with hunting, or the ability to find food, please let me know.” Not that she knew right then and there what could be done, but research would ensue if it came to that.

When Peter mentioned there wasn’t anything that could potentially be done, she almost felt that mildly competitive side rear up. Sasha suddenly wanted to help him, very bad. She looked deeply at him, her violets studying him intently, but for the briefest moment she may have saw beyond what his face was showing her, but it may have been her mind or eyes playing tricks on her. She wanted to say something soothing, but it was as if her past snuck up into her mouth and she wanted to speak but could not. There was such a kindness about him, she almost asked him out; but the Fairest wasn’t forward like that. Plus, she didn’t want it to get out that she hit on every new male who came into the Freehold. That clearly wasn’t her. “Well, if you think of something, Peter, let me know please. I am being serious in wanting to help or at least talk further sometime, if you wish.”

If anything, Sasha was relieved the two of them believed in the ‘Safety in Numbers’ motto. There were a few who didn’t feel this way and tried to break the balance. The Fairest had a mind that if those that were guilty brought the wrath of the Fae to their Freehold, they could also be the ones to take them on. The Onxy wasn’t one to become angry with people, but some were starting to challenge her ways. She had safety precautions, but not everyone did. She was a Winter after all.

“I truly appreciate that both of you are willing to keep our Freehold strong and together. We went through a period of time, as I mention, where are numbers were thin. You both seem like wonderful people and I am excited to see you become settled in with the rest of the Freehold.” She was sincere as always, yet there was a note of gratefulness in her tone.

B
    Barnabas

Silas' frown worn by someone calling himself Peter disturbed Barnabas. His head was telling him it was just a curious mien but his eyes just caught little details in Silas' face that memory usually omitted.

Peter offered the same courtesy they had just afforded him. To listen. Barnabas' brown hues observed the invitingly alluring woman bore into Peter with violet eyes. She didn't open up her heart at the first invitation. Barnabas, for his part, was beyond expressing pain or fear. Time had cleansed him of both and left him with private regret.

Barnabas gave Sasha a curt nod when referencing hunting. His diet had been on the forefront of her concerns. There must not be too many Beasts.

"Thank you. Sacramento is a fine place. You did well to settle this city." A compliment from the man who had kept to the wilderness.

P
    Peter Wright

"If I ever feel the need to talk about it more I won't hesitate to call you Sasha. Thank you." He was already annoyed with himself for revealing so much, but who knew what the future would hold. Maybe one day he would want to delve more into his past truth. He of course did not miss her piercing gaze.

"I'm excited to find a place where I can settle in. Is there anyone who currently deals with art? I've been really interested in maybe getting into that world." Art intrigued Peter. A picture could tell a thousand words and not all of them were true. He wondered if he would create it himself or just sell the dream of fantasy. Regardless, he truly wanted to explore that more.

S
    Sasha

The Dancer smiled humbly, it really did take a village to make a place whole. Hopefully, it could remain that way. She was very concerned, but the smile she held on her lips and eyes wouldn't show it. "Well, I am not all to thank. When you meet Ingrid and Circe, make sure to tell them the same. They are Spring and Summer Sovereigns, respectively. There is no current Autumn Sovereign, but we shall see soon enough." She grinned with hope. Barnabas seemed ever so sweet for a Beast, and it took a lot to do so she expected. Sasha had known other Beasts who were very rough around the edges, even on the inside.

After Peter asked the question, the Fairest shook her head. "To my knowledge, we have no one who has been involved in art, as in something tangible such as sculpture or paintings, in a very long time. If there is anyone who is, I haven't been made aware."

"Are you artistic yourself? Or are you more of a buyer and seller of it?" She rose a finger. "Either way, if you want any place to display anything, I know the Blue Note would gladly host pieces. I think the Garden Grounds may be willing to do so as well, but you would need to ask Seraphina about it, as she owns it."

B
    Barnabas

Art reminded Barnabas too much of the madlands. He crossed a leg over another, listened while nodding at Peter and Sasha, and then readjusted his seating position. Then he slightly stood up, stretched out his legs, and settled into his chair with a sigh.

Barnabas clenched and unclenched his claws idly, while keeping his eyes on the person speaking. Art might be a certain unpleasantness he'll never get over but he saw no need to unload his baggage on the two strangers he would like to call neighbors.

Sasha and Peter seemed so much more sophisticated it made Barnabas slightly uncomfortable. "I'll tell them. Ingrid and Circe, I mean. Circe is a nice woman. Talks like Summer feels." He winked at that and his bigmouth etched into a bashful smile for him. An out-and-out grin for anyone else. "Uh, what would be the proper form to address you...Queen Sasha? Your Majesty?" Barnabas had been avoiding directly saying her name but couldn't think of a way around it now.

0 Scenes

Posts from the 2018 Rollback
    "No, I wouldn't consider myself artistic, but I'd like to think I have an eye for it. I think I'd be interested in buying and selling, so I'll definitely check out the Blue Note and Garden Grounds. Maybe Seraphina would have some suggestions as well. I could also get pieces for them to display, act as a middle man. I think I'd probably be quite satisfied if I could eventually setup an art gallery." Sometimes that's what a person needed, something to occupy their mind and keep themselves busy. That seemed to be on point for Barnabas as well, with him standing up and fidgeting. He just didn't seem to be comfortable at the moment.

Peter smiled at Barnabas' words about Circe. He could definitely see what he meant. She certainly had a particular way of talking. Then titles were mentioned and Peter listened intently so as to avoid any social faux pas.
    The Onyx noticed how Barnabas was suddenly fidgety and unconformable. She thought to ask why, and then decided not to ask. So far, the Fairest thought that if he wanted to divulge his thoughts, he may do so. But, he also didn't know herself or Peter well enough to want to reveal anything.

It was strange to hear herself called either of these. Sasha saw how his smile was bashful, trying to add to the conversation, and she didn't blame him for being twitchy. She was once that way with people; standing listlessly and not knowing what to do or say. She chuckled softly and shook her head. Her voice sweet, and gentle. "I think I only require either during my season. No one has ever asked me before despite being the Winter Sovereign for two Winters now. You can call me what you're comfortable with, Sasha, Queen Sasha, Your Majesty, whichever you'd prefer."

"I think the owner of the Blue Note would probably be quite interested in aiding in your request." The Fairest didn't want to intimidate either of them by letting them know she was the owner of that as well. Sasha tried to remain as modest as possible despite everything. "Stop by there during their business hours on weekdays. I'm sure they'd be happy to discuss."

Her violet eyes looked from Barnabas to Peter awaiting with bright eyes to any more questions they may have.
    Silas Peter spoke comfortably when the topic of hosting a gallery came up. He started by explaining how he wouldn't consider himself artistic, but Barnabas thought he'd at least like others to think him artistic. Or maybe it was the business of it. All fae were insatiable in one way or another. Their tastes just weren't as simple as Barnabas' were. "Sounds like you've got a nose for it, Peter. If you ever get around to that, I'd like to see what you hang on the walls."

Barnabas was wary at Sasha's chuckle, but then he heard her words. Sweet and soothing. They settled any anxiety the Beast had long before she finished. Barnabas rolled his shoulders and shook from side to side listlessly. He was amused at his own nervousness. There was nothing to be nervous about.

"Thank you. I think Sasha would suit me." Barnabas' soft chuckle, in the echo of his cavernous maw, sounded deep and amused. "This has been pleasant. You have my thanks, Sasha. Lets be good neighbors to each other." He nodded and picked up the plate of a Christmas tree shaped cookie in hand. "If there is nothing else, may I take my leave?" He wouldn't speak for Peter. The familiar stranger might be waiting for Barnabas to leave to discuss more sensitive matters.
    "I like the sound of Sasha, if you don't mind." Outside of Winter of course. "I would love to reach out to them so I'll definitely do that." Peter was slowly gaining some excitement over the prospect of starting in the world of art dealing, even if only through restaurant display.

Looking to Barnabas he smiled. "I'll gladly send you an invitation once I've set something up." Then Barnabas inquired into whether or not they were finished. He was in agreement of finishing the meeting. "Is there anything else we should do, now that we're settling in?"

I'm fine to wrap. Sorry for taking so long to respond at times.
    She was glad that the two seemed to be off to a good start. At least, some good guidance, and potential friendship with the two of them. The Fairest would have to remember to have more dual meetings, or just have someone stop by if they were newer in town. Meeting more than one person at a time seemed to work out wonderfully.

She could probably speak with them longer, they were both ever so pleasant. "Of course, I understand you'd both like to begin to find a place to rest and then begin setting things up."

"If either of you need anything, please seek me out. I'd be happy to do what I can."

"Have a good evening gentleman, I look forward to seeing you around the Freehold."

Good to wrap up here too!
    Hearing Peter address the Fairest as Sasha alleviated some anxiety. Barnabas made a light groan as he rose and stretched out his back. Sitting was not a comfortable position for the Beast.

"Your hospitality is beyond reproach, Sasha." Barnabas said with a nod as he circled one chair and began walking towards the door. "And I hope Sacramento treats you well, Peter." As he reached the door he called back over his shoulder, "Pleasant night to you both."

Barnabas strolled out of the Mirror Maze content. He could see himself napping away a month before getting to the work of setting up a Hollow. Sasha didn't mention anything particularly dangerous in the Freehold. This might be a good place for the old fae to recline and let time push him closer to that ever elusive thief in the night called death.

A good place to sit under a fig tree and have a moment alone in the shade.

Good to wrap here too. Thanks for the thread you too! Sorry for the late post here lol.

0 Scenes

Just a reminder for Barnabas Riks Peter Wright Matrixchild to increase your Freehold Status to 1 in the minisheet!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.