Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

After the Daeva meeting had concluded, Twist sought out one of the smaller private rooms scattered about the perimeter of Elysium. Her conversation with John Davis would be brief but it nonetheless deserved more than a hallway.

Settling into the room, she gave her fellow Invictus Daeva a chance to make himself comfortable as well.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

J
    John Davis

Davis finds a seat and relaxes in it. "I am all yours Archon. How may I be of service?"

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist wasn't good with dancing into a subject gracefully.

"I'm sure you remember a few courts back when you interacted with her Highness for the first time?"

J
    John Davis

"Yes, yes. Gaff of the tongue that night. An embarrassment for us both. I'm sure she has sent you here to enact punishment or in some way collect retribution for insulting her. No need to beat around the bush Archon. I bear her not grudges. Your Majesty it seems has joined a small club of Noble Rulers that I have inadvertently, by no fault of my own, through the performances of my duties.... rubbed the wrong way."

Davis leaned back. He knew he couldn't take the Archon. He wouldn't even dare to think of a scenario where he would. Instead like a snake oil salesman, he began to contemplate the means of weaseling out of the more severe punishment options. Take a disadvantage and turn it into an advantage.

"So what is she asking? Final Death? Three sips? Two? One from her wrists? Or is she thinking of a lesser sentence? A Life Boon perhaps? As a Knight of the Thorned Wreath, she already has that just by being an Invictus Prince." Davis pulls a small notepad from his inside pocket, opened it and prepared to write with a pencil that appeared in his hand out of nowhere. "I shall put her name in the ledger of all those I am indebted to." He pauses and looks at Twist patiently and jumps in before she can speak. "Or will she insist on the vinculum?" His mouth agape. Again before she can speak "Surely not Final Death! If it is to be that and you are to be my private executioner then I make one minor request and that is to allow me to get my effects in order in addition to allowing me to choose the place that I am to become mere dust in the wind. I think as a fellow member of the First Estate, I am entitled to at least that."

Davis hoped that his attempt to finessely fast talk Twist would aid in reducing whatever punishment the Prince had ordered her to enact. Twist was the elder of the two and if the Prince was truly Invictus she would defer to the advice of the elder Archon. Though she may not ever demonstrate such weakness publicly, Davis knew the Invictus pecking order had not been abolished, not even in a modernist domain like Sacramento. Can I convince the Archon to convince the Prince to let it slide? It worked in Kansas City.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-19 12:11:12 John Davis rolls 9 to Fast Talk Twist (Manipulation + Persuastion + SL) (10 Again) 4, 10, 3, 9, 8, 7, 1, 9, 2, 4 4 successes
    Contested versus Composure + Empathy or Subterfuge

J
    John Davis

Mouse Double Tapped. Disregard that roll. Here is the correct roll.
      3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-19 12:11:12 John Davis rolls 9 to Fast Talk Twist (Manipulation + Persuastion + SL) (10 Again) 6, 3, 8, 2, 2, 10, 2, 1, 5, 10, 2 3 successes

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

(Willpower)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

He started off strong. He admitted that he misspoke.

And then it so quickly went downhill. Even through the rapid fire speed of his words and heavy accent, she was able to trace each of his mistakes.

He a cast himself as the victim. Even the thought that he would have any cause to carry a grudge against Ale was laughable.

He retracted his responsibility.

He admitted that he didn't even know why he was in trouble. In which backwards lost domain had he been taught that to address any one as 'my' was at all part of any of the 'duties' he claimed to have?

And then he assumed. The first assumption, on why she was there, that was somewhat understandable. But he didn't stop there.

Her casual pose stilled, her dark eyes growing cold as she simply waited for him to finish his irritating show of stupidity.

And then she waited some more. The silence between them growing until it filled the space between them.

Finally she spoke, her words coming out soft but clear in the small room.

"The last Kindred who had the audacity to dictate to me what I was going to do when I came bearing a message from the Prince did indeed find himself ashed. And no, that was not the message I was given to deliver. For one who claims to be an Alder of the Invictus you have displayed the same level of intelligence as that neonate."

She takes a deep breath, the gesture purely for the symbolism.

"For your insulting of the Prince by addressing her as 'My Prince' you owe a Major Boon. She understands the pressures of presentation and is willing to be lenient and accept that you but misspoke."

"For what you have shown tonight... you will find an member of the First Estate who is willing to be an Au Pair for you. You will inform them that you have made enough social blunders as to illustrate most clearly that you need assistance in relearning the social rules of engagement. You will train under them until they feel that you are as capable as your titles declare you to be. Your final test will be when you are able to correctly identify exactly how and why you have found yourself in this state."

Not breaking eye contact, she leans forward, "Do you understand? And Alder Davis... this is a yes or no question."

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-20 11:39:59 Twist rolls 13 to Contested Fast Talk (Comp+Empathy+Status) (10 Again, WillPower) 6, 7, 5, 9, 7, 3, 3, 2, 1, 9, 8, 6, 3 3 successes

J
    John Davis

Davis stared down the Duchess, analyzing all the probabilities. Hold, Fold, Walk Away. After what seemed like an eternity between the two. Breaking eye contact, Davis places the notepad back in his pocket. He then removes a silver Zippo lighter and places it on the table in front of him. He continues, removing his Knightly Badge of office, setting it next to the lighter. He pauses as he places his hand on the Invictus ring of his right hand, and surrenders it to the collection of items. The ritual continues with the addition of his watch, two cufflinks, and a Confederate Gold Dollar. Before setting the coin on the table he twirls it between his fingers, further contemplating his next move. He was about to wager everything he was on his next play. It may have made Twist impatient for an answer. She had waited this long to confront me, she can wait and humor me a bit longer. Heads I surrender to be the bitch of this court. Tails I slip away down river never to return. Like so many decisions the Colonel had made, he left it to Lady Luck.

*Ting*

The coin sails into the air end over end before landing in Davis's hand. With a flip, he slaps it on the back of the other. "Your Grace, thank you for the opportunity to serve you and the Prince. As you can see by the valuable before you I have wagered everything I currently have on me on the forthcoming gamble. Fate is in the hands of Luck as it were. Too much is at stake for a mere yes or no response." She could destroy him and he would never have seen it coming. He had heard the rumors. Davis only hoped that she would at least honor the rules of Elysium. But without witnesses, she could easily say he attacked her and she had to secure the sanctity of tradition. How well did Davis really know the Archon?

Praying she wouldn't destroy him for the ritual he was performing, he slowly lifted his hand to reveal the coin beneath. Davis did not react. He gave no sign of fate's decision. Then he looked up with a sinister grin.

"Why, blessed be. Fortune doth favor the foolish!" It was with some relief that Davis said the following. "Archon you can return to her Majesty with the most excellent news, I agree to her boon and will present her with a gift of my sincerity in the form of binding myself to a blood oath. That way she will forever be without doubt that I am one of the most loyal servants of her domain. Second, I shall immediately seek out the services of an Au Pair to fulfill the additional conditions you have set forth." Davis secretly hoped she would allow his embellishment.

"Furthermore if you so deem it, so as to prevent me from causing further embarrassment to Clan and Covenant, I should be treated as Caitiff, a clanless kindred cursed to danse alone. Again if 'you' so desire to. I am beneath you and in no position to advise you in such matters."

Davis relinquished the floor for Twist to respond.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

As John begins to pull out items, Twist waits patiently. She after all hadn't said that he had to answer right away.

But when the first words are neither yes, nor no. Her eyes narrow. As the words continue to issue from his mouth with clearly no intention of stopping, they remain narrowed. Her gaze rests heavy on him, his trinkets ignored, the actual words he is speaking ignored. John Davis wanted attention and he got it. And she waited until the instant that his mouth stopped moving.

And then she moved.

Initiative 11+7=18
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-22 07:59:47 Twist rolls 1 die for initiative 7

9. Likes Cayce, , West liked this post
    J
    John Davis

7+7 = 14
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-23 06:19:29 John Davis rolls 1 die for initiative 7

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

(Vigor)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Jon Davis was an Alder. Twist may have compared him to a neonate but that did not actually make him one.

And so, as her hand lashed out, she drew on her blood to lend her strength. He was not a neonate, and talk was one thing. Action another. She would not underestimate him.

Thankfully, his lengthy answer had given her plenty of time to sight and aim for her target - the very thing that had gotten him into the situation he was now in. His tongue.

"Stop."

The single word was uttered with quick clarity, even as her hand pulled back... taking Jon Reeve's tongue with it.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-23 21:38:03 Twist rolls 9 to Rip out Tongue (Str+Brawl+Vigor-5 for called shot) (10 Again) 6, 8, 4, 2, 1, 8, 9, 10, 5, 1 4 successes

I took the highest penalty the book listed for a called shot. Please let me know if I goofed and need to adjust anywhere...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread