Ended
Watch

Science and Faith

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    K
    Krieg

Aaron van Valen had asked him, to take an opportunity to discuss the occult. The giant took the opportunity. Late at night on a week night in summer, Kine simply had other things they wanted to do. Many of the exhibit rooms were empty. Krieg acquired two tickets - one for himself and the other for the Ventrue Priscus.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

This is very suspicious. Aaron had recently moved not far from here, and this museum was one of the reasons why. He is not entirely sure, but the place might have an interesting history. At least there are a lot of interesting things to be seen.

Does he know? Or is this a coincidence? Do coincidences exist when it concerns Hierophants?

Aaron arrives on foot and confidently approaches the dark figure that is named Krieg. A lone Acolyte in a big city. A mystery. One the Dragon Lord hopes to understand just a little bit more. Thus he was glad that the man accepted his invitation to talk about the occult.

Specifically, he is interested in the exact Circle believes the man holds, but that might be something for another occasion.

'Good evening, Krieg. How are you tonight?' Aaron offers the man a short nod as a greeting. He is wearing particularly simple clothes: a white t-shirt, jeans and boots.

K
    Krieg

Krieg dressed in his large coat and leather gloves, stood out like a sore thumb. Nothing a glare to a staring audience could not dissuade.

"I am quite well, Aaron," he greeted in kind, handing over the extra ticket. "I hope you have been well. I've been meaning to catch up with you." He caught sight of a mortal swiftly passing through, "From what I have heard, most of the volunteers are doctors and nurses."

He walked slowly over to a display of an iron lung machine. "I love museums in general. There is so much learn from eras gone by. It amuses me how people remark on "how primitive" life was back then. Within the lens of context, for it's time, it was an astonishing advancement."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron happily accepts the ticket. 'Really well, actually. I find Sacramento more enjoyable than I would expect. Or let's say, sooner than I expected.' One good friend can do wonders for one's mood.

'Yes, likewise. I have always held people in your social circle in a positive regard. I've found that there's a lot to learn from them, and we generally hold an equal interest in legends and myths.' To his surprise however, this Hierophant has chosen a location of scientific history. They move into the museum, which appears relatively small. But judging from his first glances, Aaron thinks he will greatly enjoy all the peculiarities.

'Very true. Even worse, a lot of people these days are far more primitive. Sure, they can benefit from the works of all people before them, but how have they contributed? Would they even survive, had they been born centuries ago? If you actually have the imagination to invent something new...'
    his voice fades as he studies the machine.

'The iron lung is not even that old. '

K
    Krieg

"I am most grateful to hear that, good sir." He smiled in warmth. "Despite our core beliefs, we're not all that different." He placed a massive hand upon his own chest, "At least the branch I adhere to. I'm a strong adherent to the tenet of tribulation." His hand returned to his side, "One cannot advance beyond his current state unless he seeks out an answer. His conclusions are not written in stone. Like the trees bending toward sunlight, they must change when it is necessary."

Krieg nodded in agreement with Aaron's comment. "This design as a medical apparatus is just less than a century old. Yet, if we go further back, the negative pressure ventilator was first developed in 1670."

"Truly, we live in wonderful times. A worldwide curiosity of ancient mysteries and experimentations, all culminating into new and exciting projects. An age of rediscovery of that which was thought to be lost."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Btw, let's assume they reminded each other to Blush, before they are seen as props of the museum

Needless to say, Aaron is immediately interested in whatever specific branch Krieg is talking about. Tribulation does not give him much to go on though, as it is the main philosophy of the Circle.

'Had I not known better, I thought you would be preaching for my club. Interestingly enough, we both have a different approach to this change, do we not? You are famous for bringing change to the world around you, where others cannot. I seek to focus on an inner change, while you believe we are as we are meant to be.'
    The Dragon Geomancer has always particularly liked the mental imagery of Dracula sticking his middle finger up to the face of God. He did not accept the way he was created.

Aaron pauses shortly, looking around while staying close to the cold giant. 'But do you seek Tribulation more so than others in your club?' A question he posed as they study the old equipment. 'Really? That is remarkable. I have not studied medical history so much, so I suppose I'll be in for a lot of surprises tonight.'

He glances back to Krieg, not expecting the Haunt to be such an optimist. 'Except for all those you fail to look beyond the screen of their smartphones. But generally I agree with you. If only because we now have the capabilities to share our knowledge worldwide and establish efficient information networks.'

The Dragons are falling behind terribly, but I suppose that is to protect the Masquerade.

K
    Krieg

Fair point indeed!

Krieg smiled widely to Aaron, "What is old, is new again." He nodded in graciousness. "I always found your club to be so fascinating. Such a magnificent history of overcoming hardship and becoming a greater being because of it."

The Heirophant continued on, "I do, yes" he nodded in confirmation. "Of my particular branch, the road I walk requires an open mind. It also draws me to particular and peculiar locations. Areas that have a reputation of life and death. Medicine is but one of several topics I pursue."

He was enjoying the Dragon Lord's company. "You are undeniably correct in that matter. The world is noisy, way too bright, and distracting. It is a challenge." He held up a large index finger leading into his next point, "However, it is those who dare to look up at the stars and see the wondrous celestial dance. They are the chosen few who will enter the Promised Land."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'Those are indeed some good things to take from it,' Aaron says with some amusement. The man who became Dracula was capable of horrifying things in his life already. And that was just the beginning. Then again, all history is quite terrible. Picking up the good parts is purely a matter of sanity and survival.

As Krieg goes on he will find a most intrigued Lord standing at his side. 'Particular and peculiar locations you say? Consider those my specialty. Life and death are such incredibly strong forces. No wonder we are both drawn to it. I am really curious to hear more.'

He sincerely hopes this will not be a reason for conflict in the future. Territorial disputes have meant the end for many Dragons... and their enemies. He desperately needs to explore more.

'Bright stars and The Promised Land? That sounds very Abrahamic to me. Care to elaborate?'

K
    Krieg

"Quite so!" he concurred with enthusiasm. The Nosferatu led the Ventrue to another exhibit, an x-ray machine from the 1920's. "That is exquisite news. Perhaps we can share research notes," he suggested politely. "I visit cemeteries, so-called haunted houses, and other places with a reputation for the paranormal. Half the trouble is getting those damned kids away before actually committing to research." He laughed lightly, evidently by his tone, he had done so before.

He smiled once more, "Of course, it would rude not to." Another pause, "The Promised Land was described in terms of the territory from the River of Egypt to the Euphrates river. However, I believe The Promised Land exists in the afterlife." He winked to Aaron. "We have plenty of stories where the brave hero journeys into the Underworld to retrieve something or someone. Perhaps there is a doorway of sorts that could bridge the two worlds."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'Yes we should, I'm curious to see what you have.' Aaron is most sincere. Acolytes are not necessarily famous for their research, so he wonders what Krieg had put down exactly. 'Oh I know all about that. There's always a lot of different people attracted to such sites of interest. Though I feel going late enough usually helps. Of course, that leaves little time for research.'

Human children, however, would be the least of my problems.

'Do you have ways of dealing with... ghosts?'
    He checks again if no one can hear them. 'I always find it very difficult with my primitive tools.' Often, he chooses so stay far away from haunted places. There's little use to them anyway.

He listens attentively when the Hierophant further explains his beliefs. 'So you believe people in your Circle are the ones that dare to see - and believe in - the celestial dance, and thus enter the Promised Land? Or only those brave enough to undergo the journey. Guided by...' Acolytes and their Goddesses, so many options for Aaron to guess, 'Isis, or Nephthys?'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.