Ended
Watch

Motley Mixer (Summer)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    B
    Barnabas

Barnabas reached out and brushed his fingers along the plastic horse's stiff mane. "Give it a name yet?" He asked.

Now that he was under the carousel he wondered if the various strangers had claimed their own mounts. He started to consider each horse on its own merit and peg horse to owner as he measured the group as a whole.

"Kind of you to offer to guide," he said lightly. "You hosting?" He asked with a motion towards the splintered groups. "That'd be kind too."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Imma call 'er Plasto, the plastic prancing pony possessing pomf," Circe wraps her knuckles on the plastic hair of the horse she is riding. "Teeeechnically," Circe sang out, "hosting it technical. Blink," she points out the glowing tattooed girl off with her own group, "she is the host. I'm her higher up in the courts but courts don't run the Freehold. We got a different administration. However," she raises her free hand into the air in a fist.

Then she points her index finger down at herself, "We still has the courts ta take care of their own. And I am a awesome Queen. Here ta support Blink in her spinny sparkly shindig." Then the elf girl pouted, "And ya didn't try ta guess my court. Eh, heat blast gives it away, right?" She laughs on her perch as she switches hands holding herself onto the horse.

"And yer choice of court? We got slang for the four. And for a lot of shit actually. Ya know fer not talkin' about fey in front of mundies. Normal people that ain't gotten taken. Ya know what? How about a lil' practice. Tell me which court ya are with the slang ya think fits ya. Ahem,"
    she clears her throat, "Anger management, joyful, cold, or scary. Which are you?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

3. Likes Riks liked this post
    B
    Barnabas

Circe drew a wry grin from Barnabas that looked outright malicious. Now he had a name to put to the Tattooed Dreamer. Blink once and she's gone. He spoke softly. "Kind is kind, Queen Circe. And you and Blink host a heck of a shindig."

He nodded gently at Circe's assumption. Her commitment to the Court of Wrath was evident. "I'm also just slow." Barnabas said with a hint of bashfulness. The nicknames she said felt like a trap. With a puzzled tone he answered, "I'm yours, Queen Circe. The Court of Wrath." He thought on it for a moment before continuing, "Anger management?"

Circe was throwing him for a loop in a big way. Barnabas was used to chasing or being chased. Words were treacherous. He shifted his weight a bit from one foot to another and leaned against the plastic rump of the horse directly in front of Plasto. "So...the Courts. You're hosting an Autumn courtier. You're in good standing with them?" It was with business he'd dealt a hundred times prior that a bit of confidence entered his voice.

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hopping aboard a plastic horse close to the other two, Quick flashes a grin. He'd only caught the tail end of their conversation, but it gives him something to work with. "Courts get along pretty well, here. Quick, by the way." He offers a hand for the Beast to shake.

"Circe can tell you: there isn't a lot of bad blood."
    Except for, maybe, between Autumn's Courtiers and... Autumn's Courtiers. But that's not important. "Winter, myself. Usually have the Mask in place, so can't blame you if you didn't know."

Quick can't hold back the excitement in his voice when he turns to Circe. "Summer's picking up steam, huh? Guess you won't need my help anymore." He makes his most innocent, humble look. Which looks like how someone looks when they're trying to look that way. Which is - as you probably know - isn't convincing.

Quick blinks a few times.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

6. Likes Riks, Origins, liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's smile grew massively, "Another Summer? Truly?" She threw her had back and laughed, "It is gettin' quite steamy here Quick. Once a queen of just me, now there's enough for a clique," the laughter was joyful before faux anger erupts from her, "Ooh and shut yer mouth Quick. As if," she turns to Quick with a smile, "I'd ever stop wantin' my Cold friend ta be around. Ya help keep my head cool. I apologize fer not warnin' the ladies that've been makin' eyes at ya. There was a lot," she is laughing again.

The confusion she was causing Barnabas was entirely unnoticed by the blue skinned Fairest. It was his question about hosting that got her to stop. "Eh? Che cazzo sei, oh. John." Her roommates status as a Autumn was sometimes easy to forget for her. "I've always had friends outside Summer. Quick, John, Sera, me Rogues. What can I say?" She then lifts her free hand as a fist facing off toward the empty park. She then extends the middle finger, "Except fuck the Byzantine shit other Freeholds have! Sacramento is like Three Musketeers baby!" After a pause she dropped her hand and turned to Barnabas, "Not the nougat candy bar. The guys with the nice hats and that look good in tights," she turned to Quick and a naughty grin crossed her face, "Ya gotta love cute guys in tights, right?"

Then she giggled some more, "And yeah no bad blood. I get along with everybody! Surprising," she nods to herself, "Considering I can be a utter bitch. Why its almost enough," she snicker, "that if needed," and laughs, "I could probably play peacemaker at this point. A Summer as a peacemaker," she isn't even trying to hold it in as she looks at Barnabas, "Can you boys think of a worse break from stereotype then that?" Circe shakes her head, ashen locks waving in front of her crimson eyes. "Why Barnabas? Ya have trouble with any of the other courts?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

8. Likes , Riks liked this post
    B
    Barnabas

Quick was right. Not in anything he said, but his name. Barnabas felt whiplash trying to keep up with up with these two motor-mouths. "Quick...Barnabas...Charmed." The familiarity with which he spoke to Circe caused the Beast to weigh her words more heavily. Most any Freehold says they're different. This one felt different if tonight was any indication of the day-to-day.

Circe's laugh made Barnabase stare. She somehow talked faster and more than Quick and did it while atop Plasto with more energy than a thousand exploding suns. Circe was scary.

Barnabas shrugged an agreement at Circe's policy on Freehold politics. It paid to ask early on to avoid any BS old grudges brought on. With that info, Barnabas usually stayed clear of any foul situations and mostly kept to himself. Circe was talking like that wasn't necessary here. "I like tights," Barnabas said with an apprehensive nod.

The way Circe laughed at the notion of playing peacekeeper was chilling. Barnabas liked peace and had served cuckoo Monarchs. He had to wonder if Circe would be another in a short list of crazy. "Me? No trouble. I only have trouble with who I'm told to have trouble with, Queen Circe." Barnabas said with a nod and a side-glance towards Quick.

T
    Tiphon

The whirlwind of sand made man glided into the group, sloughing off his backpack and letting it come to rest near his feet. Red, bright eyes set deep within his head peered in an alien fashion at the group; a hot, desert wind flowed slowly around him, right at home in California.

"Greetings," he intoned, his voice a pleasant hiss from within. And then, the Elemental raised a hand in a wave. The gesture was strangely... human for one such as him. "I appreciate your invitation."

A nod to Barnabas, to Quick.

"My name is Tiphon. It is a joy to stand with the Spear once more. Do I come at a... welcoming time?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Welcome Tiphon, to a most welcoming time for summer. Cause it kooks like the boys of Summer are back in town," Circe was riding on a high at the prospect of their being an actual Summer Court for her to lead. It had been disappointing being a Court of 1. That her mirth over Summer defying its stereotype was causing Barnabas worry was completely unnoticed.

"Well Barnabas we'll have ta look for some for ya. Tights that is. Were ya hoping ta were 'em or see others wearing them? Trouble just turns up on its own,"
    the elf snorted in annoyance as she said that. "Eh, not gonna dwell on Groundskeeper business. Ain't one ta call upon Summer yet anyway." White hair bobs as she giggles in excitement, "It's just great ta have an actual Summer court. Awesome. What was it Quick? Like a year of me being the only Summer in town?" she nods at her Winter friend, "Ya and Johnny are great pals but sometimes a lady wants ta have someone that shares her angry impulses."

Which is when she spins on the saddle before facing Tiphon, "Like these fine fellas here! Welcome welcome ta town. I'm Circe, current Summer Sovereign sittin' in my saddle. You boys got any questions about town, ya can get answers straight from this crown."

B
    Barnabas

A manshaped flurry of sand mimicked a mod. Barnabas shrugged and returned the nod. "Tiphon, nights like this don't happen for no reason. Barnabas. Grateful to stand with another courtier of the Spear."

Circe's excitement atop Plasto raised Barnabas's spirits. Maybe an active Queen wouldn't be a bad thing exactly. Then Circe muddied the waters by intertwining tights and trouble. It was a challenge to think of the least offensive thing to say to the woman who presided over Summer's Court. "I'll have to look for some. Tights, that is."

Trouble came and went in Freeholds. The blue elf seemed to have her own opinions on trouble for the Freehold but didn't want to linger on the topic. Barnabas wouldn't either. The way she spoke made it sound like the Court was forming or re-forming around her. "No questions from me--you answered the important one," he said with a nod towards her lifeless horse.

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Barnabas doesn't seem to have a lot to say. Which is fine. Probably just taken back a little. Which happens. He's probably just in some kind of culture shock. Quick'd never really spent time in another Freehold. So, you know, there's nothing to compare it to.

Another arrival catches Quick a little off-guard. In not-too-bad of a way. Guy is pretty obviously an Elemental. Which puts him in a better position to understand Quick than anyone else. By default. Remembering himself, Quick nods back. "Quick." he adds, knocking the intro out of the way.

He shoots Circe a knowing grin. Then laughs, lightly. "First time someone's called me that." he says, probably referring to the 'cool' comment. "Hardly feel like a Winter, half the time." But, of course, she's talking more about the Summer situation than how good he is at being an Onyx Courtier. "Longer? Losing track, myself. But yeah: I get it." The tights portion of the conversation just earns a quirk of the eyebrow and a teasing smile.

"What brings you, Tiphon?" He resists the urge to add some comment about 'blowing through town'. Out loud. Definitely in his head, though. Because sandstorm.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.