Ended
Watch

Motley Mixer (Summer)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    T
    Tiphon

"People," Tiphon answered Quick cryptically, with a nod. He expanded, though, as though remembering something long past. "Other Lost. We are safer in numbers. Better together. More able to protect what cannot protect itself."

Another nod. That was more complete.

"Thank you for the welcome. Is there someone I ought to speak with to formally land on this shore? Some Oath to be Sworn, some vetter to vet?"

The red eyes blinked.

"I would not wish to go unknown."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Grand Barnabas!" Circe was in a great mood tonight. The Summer Court's numbers have doubled. "Well yer not the cold shoulder type Quick, but its the club speak ya guys taught me. Blame that," she shrugs, "Or I can call ya the cool cat but we do have some cats in town so," she trails off to focus on the sandman.

It was fortunate for Tiphon he'd not sought the oneiromancy section. Circe would have probably started singing a certain song at the idea of a man of sand studying dreams.

As it was, white locks fluttered as the Summer Queen shook her head, "Nah. We ain't got oaths here. Folks say hiya and then bye bye too often. Yer in the vetting process right now I'd say. Buuuut there is the Freehold's Director," she points out Ingrid, "Ya can talk ta her about stayin' in town. Also a job. As in cash paycheck if ya need one. Easier ta hide what we are at a place where we're the ones with the keys."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

3. Likes liked this post
    B
    Barnabas

Barnabas nodded at Circe. There was wisdom in her words buried deep in her unique style and flair. Then a cold sweat ran down his forehead. Honest work?

"I, uh, was a little hasty before," the Beast said a little sheepishly. "Staying in town. In the Freehold. Is it...required to work?" Circe hadn't made it explicit that this was a requirement and had Barnabas taken a moment to parse through the words he might have seen that it wasn't.

The problem was that Barnabas heard work and immediately felt a quiet panic creep into the back of his mind. The Winter fae who didn't feel like a Winter fae seemed close friends with Circe. There was something curious there, to be sure.

Barnabas maintained relative composure but it was fairly obvious he was especially eager to hear from Circe that, no, he didn't have to get a job that involved playing at mortal. Work was fine, but spreadsheets? Sitting? Heck, even moving boxes from one point to another? Leave that to those that couldn't feed themselves.

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick can only give Tiphon a reassuring nod. "True enough. Spent too much time on my own. Before. Sometimes it feels easier. Other times..." He doesn't finish the thought aloud. In this particular instance, his curiosity/sympathy outweighs his need for attention. Tiphon doesn't seem at the top of the 'magnetic personality' list - but that's alright. He's still a person. Let anyone who thinks otherwise try being a f*cking sandstorm. Or lightning. For five seconds.

"It's whatever."
    he says dismissively. "You're what? The only person in the Freehold who calls me 'Jimmy'? Don't have much control over what you call me." The grin that creeps onto his face says he doesn't really mind.

"Freehold Director's Ingrid. Bluish girl. Smells like plums." he adds, picking up where Circe left off.

Quick snorts at Barnabas' question. "You kidding? Yours truly came here a jobless college dropout and a con." Once upon a time he might have hesitated to be that honest, that quickly. But seriously? Poor guy is worried about having an honest job. He should have a chat with his Queen. "Got work eventually." he adds. "But that was for Winter's Court. Could have gone on being a freelancer, you know? Just ended up getting tied down."
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

T
    Tiphon

Blink. Blink. An alien mind focused on the oddity above all else.

"Director?"

The red eyes burned as he cocked his head to the side in obvious confusion.

"High Queen is not in charge in Summer? And no Oaths?"

It obviously did not compute. He shook his head, as though clearing it. If this was how they did it, then that was just how the Sacramento do.

"Very well. I will speak to this... Director Ingrid. Is she quite pleasant?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe laughs loudly, "Oh ho ho ho, but ta be fair Jimmy, didn't ya give me that wondrous nickname for me too? Go ahead and share it with these boys. I adore it and it'll gie 'em some insights inta who is runnin' Summer."

When Circe focuses back on Barnabas she answers his question of work with one word, "Nope." Then Quick beat her to it with the explanation. She waited for him to finish before adding on to it a little, "It was a offer if yer lookin' for work. Like Jimmy," she nods to the Winter, "I have no objections ta making a dishonest buck. I do it too," she jabs her thumb into her, proudly puffed up, chest. "Me havin' a side job at the park was a practicality thing at the time."

Burning red eyes were met with large red slit eyes as Tiphon said something that drew Circe's full attention. "Oh no no no no no no," Circe shakes her head and waves both hands in the negative, "I AM Queen o' Summer. Queen's are in charge of their courts. I got a Wyrd crown and one I made ta prove it. I'm in charge of Summer," she points down with her right hand for emphasis, "but Crowns don't administer the Freehold. Didn't have the numbas ta do it when they took over the park. Plus ya know," she waves her right hand dismissively as she shrugs, "Changin' who runs the park every season would look strange ta the normans. Normals ya know?"

As for his question about Ingrid, that got Circe back to laughing as she leaned back against Plasto the mighty steed. "She's good lookin' but ya meant other right? Personality wise I have met a lot worse runnin' a Freehold. Don't know which hat she got first, Quick'd have a better answer," She jerks a thumb towards Quick as she says this. "Good news is everybody in charge of a Court likes each other. Bad news is we handle critics different. Ya call me a bitch ta my face," she glowers as him then puts on her best attempt at a troll face as she sticks out her tongue, "I'll tell ya ta include complete and utter next time. Ingrid would get pissed. So don't do that. Be civil and ya'll be fine mister sa, er, Tiphon."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

8. Likes Riks, liked this post
    B
    Barnabas

Barnabas eased a little. Quick wasn't of Summer but didn't feel out of place. And his japes helped to make the Beast feel more in place. "College, huh? You must be a smart guy. You're funny, too. Is comedian your job? You could do it if you weren't already."

The sandstorm-shaped man seemed to be curious on asking for Oaths. Barnabas, for his part, was grateful and wouldn't push the issue any further.

He then glanced up to the Queen of Summer. "That's a relief. I don't think I have any skills for the job market." Barnabas sad dryly and paused. He was expecting a laugh. Everything about his demeanor indicated he thought that he was being funny and that was a joke. Barnabas coughed lightly and shuffled his feet a bit. "Aside from being so helpful, Queen Circe, what exactly is everyone here for tonight?"

0 Scenes

3 Days left in the Motley Mixer

T
    Tiphon

Tiphon listened as his new Queen spoke, and spoke, and spoke. He followed along, plastering a pleasant look to his sandy face, remembering the deep social graces that he knew, but it never fully reached his eyes. Still, the alien sandstorm knew how to be polite, knew how to make a friend, even if he didn't understand the dance fully anymore.

"Very well, ma'am. I shall be polite, and find this Director Ingrid as soon as I can."

What did direction of a theme park have to do with command of a Freehold?

Was the theme park going to become something more?

Plainly, there was more to learn. That the place had been small and needed centralized government made a degree of sense to the Elemental. He would pay attention. The history mattered.

History always did.

"Once I am better established, to you as my Queen I will swear my Oaths as a Summer Courtier. Once we can both know I do not intend to wander further. Now is not the time." The smile came. That one almost reached his burning red eyes.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe did give Barnabas a laugh at his joke while she turned to rest her right shoulder on Plasto. This caused her to be facing Barnabas, "Ah that is a fun answer. I am her ta support Summer. That'd be Blink. She was tryin' ta startup motleys or put out feelers for 'em," the elf shrugged, "I came ta support what, before tonight, was my entire Court in her endeavor. And hurray our numbers have doubled," Circe gave Barnabas two thumbs up. "So I'm just here ta be helpful really, oh ho ho ho."

The Fairest rolled along Plasto, first so her back was against it, then her left shoulder. This let her facing Tiphon, "Sure thing man. Rules don't say ya hafta but if ya wanna give yer word as yer bond I won't object to it." The elf then laid her back against Plasto once more. She reached her arms above her head with a sigh as she stretched and popped several muscles. "This has turned out ta be a great night, I'm tellin' ya boys."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.