Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(NB) Kitchen Table Chatter

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You aren't the only one."

Geeks. Stereotypically not known for high social skills.

& W/ Consillium growth rate reaching asymptotic ... own world = appealing.

"Out of it? Going into management or something new entirely? And no, not a dresser. But maybe a liquor cabinet... if you are open for commission that is." The cabinets worked. But some of the Scotches deserved quality display.

"Ah- I see... I think."

Aurora too? Mysterium work? Likelihood high. Nearly comfirmed with additional data points of awakened material identification.

& Campanella's line of business ... books? Right?

"I don't think I ever really asked... what do you do Campanella?"

Not a great cabal mate. Check.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Thyrsus was curious about the book, had wanted to flip through it. But she hadn’t, cause she had to trust that Campy would show her things in time. When he felt she was ready.

She wanted to say something, but what? She didn’t know Claus, she only helped steal a book from him.

“Well, not to sound harsh, but maybe there is a lesson?” she shifted in her seat, “That if you meet someone you wish to match wits with, you just go for it. You can be friendly with someone and still match wits with.” Though she was sure there were friends you couldn’t do that with.

Looking to Sand and taking a sip of wine, “Something new entirely. Maybe something with the refurbishing or something. My hearts just not in performing anymore, maybe I out grew it.” She says with a chuckle.

“A liquor cabinet? Now there is an interesting use for it! Do you have pictures of what you were envisioning? If not, I can probably find a few examples and show you. Then you can tell me what you like about it or want changed.” Then a shake of her head, “I wouldn’t take anything for it. Unless you want to bring me some beers while I’m working.” She adds with a wink and laugh.

Then back to Campy. Another sip was taken.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella sat and watched his Cabal mates.

"I'm a art dealer and collector. That is what I was before I Awakened. And it remains what I am now. In Sleeper circles at least. Which means I spend my time watching for anything of interest for us turning up in collectors sales, antique stores, or in deceased estates - and then I try to acquire them for our society."

Aurora spoke and the Moros turned slightly.

"Given up on performing? That... Is a change."

He fell silent as she continued.

"Will you be brewing more as well?"

He had tasted her creations once before.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod of agreement. "A change indeed. Not saying it is bad... though I am bummed I missed ever seeing a true show," added with a wry grin.

Nod, shake, emphatic nod. "Yeah- I have a few scotches and other random bottles of stuff that could use a better display than-" a gesture to enclosed cabinet in corner. "But no- no pictures. Just maybe something... open? So you can see what is available. And of course I'll bring you beers. That's a no brainer."

Art dealer and collector.

The equation balanced out.

"Oh... that's a good question!

Aurora =/= Faye. Clear from day 1 of the announcement. But it seemed the transformation =/= complete.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She shrugs, “My heart just hasn’t really been in it lately. Plus, there isn’t a whole lot of money in it anymore.” It was getting harder and harder to find gigs that paid something decent.

Taking a sip of the wine, she nods, “Oh yeah! I have some going right now for fall. I don’t think I’ll ever stop doing that.” No way, it was fun! "Though I have been toying with the idea of making wine." holding up the wine glass, "It's a bit more challenging, but I think it might be fun. Probably not as good as the wine you bring here, but, hey, you never know."

Frowning, "You never did, did you? Well, we’ll have to fix that! I’m not completely out of performing, and would love to show you what I can do.” Performing would always be in her blood.

Listening and nodding, she began working out some ideas in her head, “Ok, I got you. Should be able to work something out. Any particular colors you’d prefer, or something in more natural wood colors?” she could totally do this.

Putting the wine glass down, she decides to share some different news,

“So, I wanted you guys to the be first to know. I’m now a Master of Life, guess all the hard work paid off.”
    A nervous chuckle.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Now Campanella was fully focussed on Aurora.

"Oh bravo! Congratulations on your first degree Mastery." He raised his glass in true appreciation, his face showing his delight much more than his few words.

"Yes. Indeed it has. Good work. Worthy work. This is a true achievement."

And perhaps showed how much the Moros had been slaking recently in his own studies. He drank from his glass, placed it down before him and chuckled again. It was good to share in a companions success.

Speaking of... He turned to Sand.

"So. I'm an Art Collector. Aurora is a retiring performer, transitioning into a brewer, a carpenter, and quite possibly a vintner of some description. What about you. What do you do out there, among the Sleepers?"

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Nice! I don't exactly fit the white girl stereotype regarding Pumpkin Spice Latte's but make it a pumpkin beer and it might just fit. And that would be awesome but... only if it wouldn't be a nuisance."

Cold turkey = no go backs.

"Dealer's choice? Or or ... better yet... how about we do a Scotch tasting one night? And then you can pick based on what you think about the drink."

Scotch.
    1/2 areas where logic =/= supreme.

"That's awesome! Like Campanella said- congratulations! Heck- let's turn Scotch tasting into a celebration," Only half jest. Aurora could hate after all.

"For myself I'm a researcher I guess you could say. Making use of my education to write papers and offer opinions. And then for more consistent income, I spotlight as a tutor. Everything from high school science to the more advanced college course work."

Technology allowed even some work to flow from Alma Mater.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Was that a slight flush to her cheeks? Yup.

“Thanks!”
    it was something she never imagined herself achieving. She raised her own glass as well.

But she didn’t want to make it all about her and what she did. So she doesn’t go into much detail, and sips the wine.

Blue eyes look to Sand as Campy asked his question. Which was a good one! She never thought of asking Sand what she did for a living. Wow, she had been in her own little bubble and ignoring those around her.

“A pumpkin beer? Hmm, I’ve seen some recipes and think I could get one made.”
    A shake of her head, “Not a nuisance at all! I welcome the challenge!” pumpkin would be tricky. It meant balancing the other flavors to compliment the pumpkin yet not take over it.

“Scotch night? Hell yah! I haven’t had a good scotch in what feels like forever.” She was usually an Absinthe girl, but enjoyed other liquors as well.

Laughing, “Thank you! And I’m more than down for a celebration. I'll even break out my Absinthe.” Parties were fun.

A researcher?

“Is there anything particular you research?”
    some people were specialized, and some not. “And a tutor? I’ll have to remember that if I go back to school, cause I’m going to need all the help I can get.” True story. “But that’s great! Must feel good to be able to pass along your knowledge to someone else and help them learn.”

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Absinthe?"

Campanella responded curiously.

"We have wine aplenty right now." He lifted a finger. "How about we keep the absinthe for another occasion. I am sure we can find an appropriate occasion between the three of us."

His eyes were already sliding back to Sand, awaiting her reply.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

QUICK SUMMARY OF SCENE - POSTS LOST DUE TO ROLL BACK CAUSED BY TECHNICAL GLITCH

Campanella, Sand and Aurora share some time together. They share drinks and discuss food. The conversation turns to slightly more weightier matters as Aurora confirms that she is giving up her work as an entertainer; Sand and Campanella both enquire as to what Aurora plans to do next, and voice their support of the Thyrsus' hobbies of brewing and cabinet making.

Campanella also proposed that the group start focussing on a Sphere of Influence - something they can attempt as a group, and in service of the wider Consilium.[/mta]

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread