Mable was so excited to be part of the farm and farm rebuildthat she volunteered to oversee the builders. She would leave all the security stuff to Krieg. She had the blueprints and layouts for thesimple one room building. She looked around the lot smiling. She would plant some trees after all thebuilding equipment left. Maybe Kriegwould even teach her a simple blessing ritual for when she planted each tree. Before the workman arrived, Mable pushed herblood through her. She could feel theblood course through her like a warm spring day. Then she practiced a soft gentle breathing pattern.

She was standing there smiling to herself when the foremancame up in his own pickup truck, so much nicer than her own, and stopped nearwhere she was standing. When he exitedthe truck, Mable gave him a bright cheery greeting, “Good evening. Thank you so much for meeting me afterhours. My schedule is just killer.”

The ruggedly handsome foreman gave her a crooked smile, “Evening. No problem, I used to work for the state andhad to do night work all the time, so I get where you are coming from.”

“I have the blueprints here for the area.” She held out the blueprints.

He came over closer to look at them. Mable could feel his blood thumping thoughhis veins. Maybe, just maybe she will get a taste later. She may have to try a bit of flirting to gethim where she wanted him. She looked athis hands, no ring. Doesn’t necessarilymean anything. But she could almostsmell the pheromones. Focus, she toldherself. Well, at least staring can beseen as flirting. She flashed him asweet smile. She handed him theblueprints being sure to brush his hand with her own. His pulse started to getfaster. Yup, he was dinner tonight.

He examined the blueprints with a few sideways glances ather. “So, I see you have water coming upto the building, but I don’t see any bathrooms or kitchen areas.” He took this opportunity to look into herbrown eyes.

“Oh, that’s because we are simply using this as an officearea. We decided to do a bubbler inside forwater and have port-a-potties outside for the workers. The water will be hooked up for a hose andsprinkler system. But you know how it iswith drought conditions, we just wanted to make sure we did our part in water conservation.”

He nodded in agreement, “That is really responsible ofyou. And I see you have just onewindow? And a stair case to a dirt?Basement?”

She gave him another smile, “Well, it will be more energy efficientif we only have one window. And it’s asmallish room so it made sense.” Shetilted her head in a coquettish manner. “The basement will be for growingmushrooms. They need a cool dark environment. Also, we thought part of it could be usedlike an old fashion root cellar. Oh, andbefore you ask about no electrical, the roof is going to house solar energytiles. And eventually we are hoping fora small windmill.”

When Mable looked at him she noticed he was looking at her cleavageand quickly pulled his eyes up to her own. “That is a very impressive design. Ok, do you also have building permits or do you need me to get them?”

“I filled out and submitted this form.” She handed him the building permit form. “And didn’t you say you could get whateverelse was needed?"

“Yes, I’ll take care of all that. I am estimating it will take maybe two weeksto complete and get all the inspections done. But I will give you and estimate of September 15th for thefinal day of completion. Does that workfor you?”

Mable knew they needed it by October, “Yes that sounds fair.”

“So, I have your number, is that the best one to reach youon? I can give you updates and maybe wecan meet here next week so you can view the progress?” He sounded like maybe he wanted her numberfor more than business.

“Yes, that is the best number to reach me. And it soundslike we have a plan.” She shook hishand. His hand lingered for a moment toolong before letting go.

“Do you mind giving me a quick tour of the property?” He asked almost hungerly.

“Sure.” Mable answered with equal hunger or another sort.

Fade this scene… next up Feeding Glimpse