Ended
Watch

Motley Mixer (Hedge)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    N
    Nana

Nana made her way to one of the horses, not yet willing to jump up on such a thing, but still leaned against it while her free hand wrapped around the pole that pierced its back.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Sera walks over and joins Nana. Finding a horse beside her to carefully lean against. Maybe white was a bad choice for the night?

"So you mentioned fruits in the Hedge. Are there certain ones you'd be looking for?"
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

She was a little surprised to see the glamorous Nix arrive to her spot on the carousel. It did still make her lips twitch in a smile. Though that too often felt like a manipulation from the Fairest of them, even unintended, and it quickly dampened to its polite standard.

“Oh, nothing particular in mind exactly. I have a certain knack for finding the common Blushberry or Murmurleaf when they’re in season. I’m more interested in the rarer varieties. Amaranthine and Bloodapples can heal even grievous injuries that would otherwise leave someone bedridden for months."
    Her Occult knowledge gave her an understanding of their uses, even if she wasn't running into them frequently. "I’d be curious to know if we might find some in the area, just in case we ever have the need of them.”

“It isn’t just the fruits though, even if they're the easiest. I’m interested in the Hedge itself in general. There are more uses for what can be found there, beasts included, than just their edible properties.” She considered Sera in light of those gold scales and the words exchanged between her and Quick. She didn’t seem to be delicate the way she expected of most Fairest. “Have you done much investigating of it yourself?”

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

She had to admit, looking for fruit in the hedge had never been something she did. She knew they existed and what some looked like.

“I was aware that some fruit held amazing powers, but I wasn’t aware of all of them. Sounds like the amaranthine and bloodapples are very valuable then.” Having those in the hands of someone who claimed to be medically inclined seemed wise. “I won’t lie, I’ve never really gone into there to find fruit, so I wouldn’t know what those two would look like. But I can hold my own in a fight, so I could lend that type of support.” It was always important to not go into the Hedge without protection.

A shake of her head, “Not a whole lot. I’ve been in there for markets to get items for spinning, but not like, exploring per say. But I am interested in it. Aside from the dangers the Hedge presents, it has a lot of mystery and intrigue. Have you explored many Hedges in your travels?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

Nana let a finger trace down the intricate spiral that held the carousel horse in place while it bobbed and she listened to Sera. “Oh, yes there are so many uses. They’re something of a specialty of mine. Many come with additional consequence, but what doesn’t when it comes to the Hedge?” She gave another of her warped smiles at hearing assurance the Fairest could handle herself. “That’s exactly the sort of assistance I'm hoping to find. I’m not defenseless, but it’s a means to escape danger rather than to fight it off.”

Her eyebrow raised at the mention of spinning. “Have you spun items before? I find that very impressive. Not to say of you, but in general.” She felt the need to clarify. “Though I’m Wizened, the art of crafting isn’t what my hands are trained for. If it’s a talent you’re familiar with, I would be very interested in commissioning something in the future.” There was always Wolfgang, but after their Gathering she wasn’t entirely sure he wouldn’t charge an arm and a leg – and her reputation would suffer if she collected those from her patients.

She tilted her head with a shrug about exploring other Hedges. “Yes and no. I mostly stick to the well worn paths. I’ve little ability when it comes to Dreams and their logic. I’m confident in my ability to survive when things shift and I find myself lost, but it’s both a risk and hassle to have to trundle back out if I get too overzealous.”

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The warped smile was a little, ok a lot, creepy. Not a smile she’d want to see in a dark alley.

But that aside, she seemed nice enough, so the Nix tries to forget it.

“Oh I completely agree with that. There is always a catch, always a price to pay. But sometimes the benefits outweigh those.” Especially in their world. Smiling, “Well, I’m no Summer in a fight, but I’m not helpless. Aside from that, I also have a few tricks up my sleeves to increase my odds of not getting my butt kicked.” Sometimes you needed a little luck on your side.

A proud smile appears, “I have. Unfortunately I’m not wearing it tonight, but it’s a necklace.” She though it was impressive that she did it herself. “I wouldn’t call it a talent per say, the previous Queen of Autumn taught me. She was a true master, and crafted me a jacket. So I know how, but I’ve never crafted something for anyone. Though if you are planning for the future, that would give me time to increase my ability and have something of better quality.” She’d give it a try, Mhairi had done it for her. It’d be a way to pay it forward. But she’d need to buckle down and improve those skills.

Her sticking to the well worn paths made sense with what sounded like lack of fighting skill. But it was risky. “Have to say, you’re braver than I am in that sense. The well-worn paths are tempting, but dangerous for me. But I think it’d be fun to explore the Hedge with you.” Count her in. “Having someone to help share that burden can help make the difference.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

“Oh?” She said hearing of increasing odds. If it was the trick that she thought it was, she had made that particular bargain a few times herself. “A good trick to have. I have weighted a coin or two myself. Perhaps it is the Autumn in me, but such tricks do help ease the sting of what has happened to us. I don’t think it was a good deal, but it can’t be undone and one must make due.”

“I look forward to seeing them,"
    She said in relation to the Wyrd shaped accessories. "I’m sure they’re beautiful pieces.” Not that the Fairest needed the help there any. “Ah, Mhairi – yes? I’ve now heard a great many mentions of her. All very flattering, she sounds like she was both capable and personable. A pair not always found together. I’m sorry not to have met her. Well, I hope you wouldn’t tax yourself simply on my account. I’m sure there are other avenues and I’m a ways from having sort of concrete ideas. Still, I’d see that your efforts were compensated if that helps with motivation.”

She waved her hand at the air to shoo away any sort of pride in her bumbling about the Hedge. “That’s kind of you, though I’m not sure that I can count it as bravery so much as a stubborn streak. My escape necessitated it was all.” She then clasped her hands together in excitement, purse sliding to the crook of her elbow, as Sera confirmed her interest. “That’s wonderful to hear! I agree entirely. Even for all our differences, we are always far stronger together. I’m sure that we won’t be the only ones – even if the others are busy discussing other matters at the moment. Beyond any spoils, I imagine it will help bring us all closer and give proper history to any Motley we might form.”

On the matter of history, she realized she didn’t know very much of Sera’s beyond tidbits traded and there. “Though I suppose it’s a little off topic, it’s hard to derail a meeting of two. It’s my understanding that you own a coffee shop here. Congratulations to that. So many of us have trouble integrating into society at all, let alone establishing a business. Did you always possess an entrepreneur’s spirit or was it something that came about? I know I never expected that my practice would lead to the underworld of all things.”

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Maybe she should always have the necklace on? But it didn’t go with her outfit this evening.

“She was quite remarkable. Fair and just in her positions in the Freehold. I think you would have enjoyed talking with her.” She hoped Mhairi would find her way back to the Freehold someday. “Oh it wouldn’t be a tax on myself. There are just some things I still don’t understand, but I would love the chance to look into them and help make you something.” Her motivation? Paying it forward.

There was a light musical laugh, “Nothing wrong with a stubborn streak, it can help motivate us to do things we never thought we could.” Or simply wanting to prove another wrong. “Only the strong, and stubborn survive.” Even more so with the Lost. “I’m looking forward to see what we can accomplish in the Hedge. And should the other want to venture in with us, that works for me. More are always welcome.” It increased their odds if they were attacked that’s for sure.

“Oh, yeah, I do. It’s called Garden Grounds, and thank you! You should stop by sometime, I don't charge for members of the Freehold, and we have more than just coffee. In case that isn't your thing.”
    she was proud of it. “I wouldn’t say I have an entrepreneur’s spirit per say. But I wanted my own place to sing at, and there are many clubs that allow singing. So I wanted something slightly different, a coffee shop with open mic nights to get people to come out. It came about quickly, and I just went for it.” She never imagined she’d own her own business. “But you must see a lot if interesting things in your practice. I’m sure there is never a dull moment, which I would think would keep things interesting.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

J
    John Doe

John wandered over to the Wyrd Doctor and the Mermaid. "Heard someone talkin' about coffee and the Hedge." He appeared with a grin on his face. "Taste-tester extraordinaire and I know a thing or two about The Hedge."

N
    Nana

“Well then thank you, it is much appreciated. Taking stock of the materials, beyond fruit, from the Hedge and their applications might have all kinds of extra benefits if we’re to seriously consider construction of a Hollow.” She found herself smiling without thought as that harmonic laugh joined in with the music of the carousel. She could perhaps get used to the amount of Fairest around when it seemed only those of her Court were the sharp ones.

“Yes, Queen Sasha spoke of your singing and the raw talent of your voice is already obvious. It would be a treat to attend. It seems that there are others with talent to showcase,” she said since the painted newcomer had mentioned comedy. “And I do so enjoy seeing our kind express their abilities. We earned our freedom and whatever gifts brought along, after all.”

“Oh, and that’s a very kind offer not to charge, but I don’t mind supporting business. I do try to avoid substances, even caffeine, but I’m sure there’s something I would enjoy. Besides, the money I’m paid with often comes from unsavory situations. I’d like to see it circulate into better causes where I can.” Which was an easy lead-in to talking of her practice. “Yes, it’s a new puzzle with every patient and that’s part of what keeps me engaged with it. There’s also a sort of voyeuristic element of it I admit to being drawn to. Pain and the fear of mortality is a great equalizer. Even the cruelest person can reveal a tender heart once their hardened skin is peeled back.” Her words were ghoulish, but her tone wistful.

John’s appearance pulled her back to the moment and she smiled his way. “John, so glad you joined. Yes, we got somewhat sidetracked, but would welcome any input you had. Have you explored much of the local Hedge in your time here?”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.