General Questions on game mechanics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Mable Wood
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

BP3/Pre2/SL2:Wholesome/Pro3: Aspect of the Predator

This question stems from Lina's comment in the court thread about scene continuity. That's when I realized I was thinking about continuity wrong.

I looked at the wiki info:
    • Normal: A public or private Scene which is not a Sticky thread.
    Normal Scenes 'happen' when the thread closes/Scene ends
    • Sticky: This is a Scene which is typically mandatory attendance (Court, etc.), an event/party that people might want to attend, or a thread that will take longer than normal (combat involved, etc).
    Stickies 'happen' on the day the thread begins

My question is how do we as players know when it is a sticky thread? I have had it in my mind that everything happened on the first day of the thread until I reminded myself by reading the wiki info. And I don't want to mess up continuity in the future.

Thanks for any help on this.
    Gangrel/BP3/Pro3/SL2:Wholesome
    "Given only the health of the soil, nothing that dies is dead for very long" -Wendell Berry

C
    Cross

Similar but not specifically related question that JonReeves sent me in a PM. The Daeva thread does have an indication it is in July but was not stickied. I missed that indication when I said that Lina was not Priscus yet, so I think I was actually incorrect. But, let's make sure.

Yumyumcrow - so that continuity is clear, does that Daeva meeting happen before or after the current Court?

Mable Wood
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

LOL, Thanks Cross for responding.

However, my general question still stands- how do we know when it is a sticky thread? Does it actually say sticky? Or is it assumed certain types are sticky?
    "Given only the health of the soil, nothing that dies is dead for very long" -Wendell Berry

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

It says sticky!

However, the timeline rules for sticky/nonsticky threads were put into place before we had all the subforms, and it looks like some threads that would be marked as a sticky no longer are, and it might just be a permissions issue with the site transfer and move - the ST accounts might be the only ones with the permission to sticky a scene?

Back in the day, sticky scenes were meetings where everyone from a family/organization were expected to show up, and the monthly social scenes. Everything else was non-sticky.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Selena

To be clear, I never sticky-ed the Daeva thread. There is no sticky on it like there is on the main post in the Elysium items. Hope that answers any questions.

C
    Cross

And btw, sticky threads are stuck to the top of the forum. That is how you know.

J
    Colonel John Jefferson Davis
    Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Manipulation
    (Finesse)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Barfly
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Alder John Jefferson Davis Lord Pursuivant

Striking Looks 2 (Rakish)
    Manipulation 4 (Finesse)
    Fame 1 (Entertainment)
    Kasterborous
    Adam Exlibrist
    John Davis Scenes

The Invite to the Daeva Meeting did have a specific date on it. And the Thread Title had (July) in it. That is why I was under the impression that it was occurring on the July 15 night from the invitation and events from it would happen before the August court. I apologize if I was in the wrong on that.

Mable Wood
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

Thank you everyone for answering my question. So If I were to hold a gangrel meeting or go to a crone meeting then they don't necessarily have to be sticky-ed yay!!!

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

All Court scenes are considered STICKY. So they happen on the day of the first post.

Unfortunately they are tagged ELYSIUM so I can't put the STICKY note in there.

Mable Wood
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

All Court scenes are considered STICKY. So they happen on the day of the first post.

Unfortunately they are tagged ELYSIUM so I can't put the STICKY note in there.
    OK, New Related Question:

So when I made the Gangrel Meeting Post a few months ago I posted it in Requiem and under prefix I used Gangrel. I didn't have a choice for Sticky. So where do I find the place to mark it as sticky?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread