Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Mystic Chapter) Getting Back

38620
THREADID
50
POSTS
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
  1. #1
    Aaron van Valen's Avatar

    Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

    Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

    3
    PRE

    Yumyumcrow since this is connected to the hunters as well, is it alright if I (timeline wise) assume my (On the Hunt) scene happens before this: for the complete image with Lina's glimpses.
    Equipment described in post below + wearing thin kevlar 1/2 rating. Cross I took the liberty of assuming we are both in my car


    It was time to get back to what used to be the Sacramento Chapter House, as they had recently found out. Far more important for Aaron: it is a Wyrm's Nest. Other supernatural creatures are inhabiting it. And hunters are watching it, Lina had told him. Of course, everyone is drawn to what he wants. What he would get.

    Hunters though. Giuseppe. The Bushwhackers. How did they even find this? What resources do they have?

    His PI friend had also seen the Alchemists carry equipment into the building. Therefore, the Dragon Lord chose to do the same. Lina would witness the practicality of his car. In the back there is a bag with his newest instrument: a theremin. He also carries a relatively large power bank with it, uncertain whether he would be able to get any energy from the Chapter House. The point is also to let the mystical source power it, but he would see if it is possible. A third bag is his antique leather tool case. With his occult tools of trade. It holds several crystals, two syringes and vials, a tarot deck, his ouija board and a sheathed pocket knife. Plus, his newest toy: a Kirlian camera. Next to it is some standard equipment, a professional medical kit and... a rope and tape, some bleach and plastic bags. Because things can always go South.

    'Shall I just drive up to the house? Since they know us now. Or do you think we should hide the vehicle somewhere? I don't want hunters on my back.' No sense in carrying all the equipment all across the terrain. But there's also no sense in having hunters follow his car around.


  2. Likes liked this post
  3. #2
    L
    Lina Moretti

    A look of grim certainty on her face as they drove toward Florin, Moretti shook her head. She'd helped out with the packing at their new accommodation, tossing the various and sundry extras into her backpack so they'd each have two bags to carry. Far better to lug some shit a few blocks than draw the wrong kind of attention. Satisfied with the comparative ease of feeding than her motel and further sated by a clandestine sip before they headed out, Lina felt something she hadn't felt in a while: close to full. It was nice.

    "I think dumping the vehicle somewhere normal and carrying shit in is probably smart. I got Giuseppe by his license plate. No need for him to get you the same way." She pointed as they got closer, relying on her street smarts to know a place to leave the vehicle that wouldn't draw undue attention for its presence. "There's a good spot."

    She adjusted her knife sheath inside her jacket and moved a little in the thin, concealed Kevlar vest that John Davis had bought her for forgiveness. It remained quite comfortable, especially now that it was starting to get broken in. Athletic shoes were laced up on her feet, and she had her cellular phone in her pocket. Binoculars in the backpack, with her little crowbar in there; it was everything that was needed for the here and now.

    "Let's take a walk, amigo."

    Heft the bags. It's go time.

    Good to proceed to the Chapterhouse if DP is. Equipment in minisheet.


    3sux to feed
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-11 13:26:06 Lina Moretti rolls 5 to Str + Subterfuge to Feed (10 Again) 10, 2, 10, 1, 6, 8, 1 3 successes
           




    streetwise success to know where to put the car!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-11 13:20:40 Lina Moretti rolls 4 to Wits + Streetwise to know a good spot to leave the van (10 Again) 2, 8, 1, 3 1 success
           

  4. #3
    Aaron van Valen's Avatar

    Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

    Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

    3
    PRE

    Aaron agrees that option two is the better choice, inconvenient but safe. 'Exactly.' He parks his Dodge Caravan in the appointed spot. American family car in grey tint, quite incognito.

    'I'll grab my own bag and the theremin. If you take the power bank. We can leave the rest here, it's only as back-up.'
    Once he got everything, he locks the car. Then he makes his way through the darkness of this somewhat remote area, dressed in black leather and boots.

    'Let's see if they're happy with our help... and the bad news we bring.'
    Hunters are possibly worse than tourists and media.

    Yup


  5. #4
    Yumyumcrow's Avatar
    Campanella
    Campanella

    Campanella
    Ingrid
    Yumyumcrow Scenes

    2
    PRE

    The old Chapter House is just as they left it. The summer heat has taken its toll, however: the vegetation appears limp and shrivelled; the lawns are now turning yellow and brittle; dust and grit is heavy in the stagnant air.

    The same light flickers from the empty library.

    It is also accompanied by a softer, warmer, lamplight from a number of other rooms on the upper storey.

    They enter the building unopposed.

    There is the sound of working (hammering, drilling, rumbling) from above. One of the adjacent rooms on the ground floor is in even greater disarray than before: the remaining furniture has been smashed to flinders; a chunk of the wall has been all but pulverised; a naked, headless, limbless, human trunk lies smeared and, glistening still, on the dusty floor.

  6. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
  7. #5
    L
    Lina Moretti

    What the fuck?

    Moretti stared down at the corpse, blinking once at the inhumane gorefest before her. Glancing to van Valen, she leaned in and murmured, "If this gets nasty, Dominate big to take out small?" Shrug. What the fuck were these creatures doing? Did they want to get Hunters? Because leaving corpses on the floor was how you got Hunters.

    She kept her backpack on, but the other bag of Aaron's stuff got put down and her jacket got opened to allow for easy access to her weapon. Time for... diplomacy, such as it was with monsters.

    Alert for danger up the stairs she went, slow and steady and quiet on her soles, to see what new nightmare...

      4 sux PER, 1 sux to move silently in amidst the clamour
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-12 11:32:27 Lina Moretti rolls 5 to Dex + Stealth to move silently! (10 Again) 2, 4, 6, 2, 8 1 success
    2018-08-12 11:32:10 Lina Moretti rolls 5 to Perception (Wits + Composure. Trained Observer) for threats! (10 Again) 4, 5, 8, 10, 9, 10, 1 4 successes

  8. #6
    Aaron van Valen's Avatar

    Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

    Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

    3
    PRE

    Aaron is glad to see some lights as they approach. They give the building less of a "haunted mansion" feeling, which makes its inhabitants less frightening to work with. He knows now that any ominous figures could just be mannequins or dolls.

    And then...

    'Wow! Whaaat is this?!' The Lord's eyes as get big as he sees the human torso. Part of him is positively excited. Part of him is very cautious for threats.

    He rolls his eyes at Lina and chuckles, 'Of course, that's like Dominate 101.' With anyone else, he would have been offended. With her, well, he knows she likes to be in control. But she should know she's dealing with a Ventrue who's also not born yesterday.

    'Sure you want to sneak up on them?' There is no harm in saying hello, Aaron believes. For now he keeps his stuff close to his body, not ready to part with his tools just yet. For a moment he studies the body. He hopes to be able to gather some information from it, like how long it has been dead. But he realizes that it is probably best to stay close to Lina, so he can hardly focus.

    Is there any blood on the body?


      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-12 18:17:04 Aaron van Valen rolls 4 to Quick examination of body (Wits + Medicine) (10 Again) 4, 3, 5, 1 failure


  9. #7
    L
    Lina Moretti

    "Just making sure we're working the same strategy," she mutters back as he laughs. Indeed, she stops and thinks a moment. Maybe surprising these people wasn't worth it. Rather, she takes his counsel and paused on the staircase, knocking loudly on the wall.

    "Hi, Alchemists. It's your Dragon friends." she calls out loudly. "Mind if we come up?"

  10. #8
    Yumyumcrow's Avatar
    Campanella
    Campanella

    Campanella
    Ingrid
    Yumyumcrow Scenes

    2
    PRE

    Aaron finds that there is blood on the body. It looks like someone physically ripped it apart in n orgy of brutal violence.

    The moment Lina makes her presence known the hammering stops. Tess appears waring stained cargo pants, a sports bra, and a labourers belt filled with hammers, screw drivers, spanners and other construction oddments. She is even dustier than before (quite cute, in fact, with a thick dark smear on her nose). She is still barefoot.

    "Hello Dragon. We are still here. Almost done, we know."

    Little John loomed behind her. His clothing was torn and bloody from particularly nasty claw marks and one of his eyes was massive bruised and sealed shut. He did not appear to mind these impediments one bit. He was carrying a length of industrial size cabling.

      
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-13 03:29:56 Someone rolls 2 to do something insignificant (10 Again) 2, 8 1 success
    2018-08-13 03:29:42 Someone rolls 2 to do something insignificant (10 Again) 6, 1 failure

    The Daeva felt her Beast stand to attention with a sudden jolt, as if it had been roused to aggression.

  11. Likes Benji liked this post
  12. #9
    L
    Lina Moretti

    Moretti grit her teeth beneath her lips as rage boiled suddenly within her as if from nowhere. What the hell was this feeling? She looked around, back at Aaron...

    "That's fine. What... what happened downstairs? We came to warn you, and maybe help. There are a group of experienced Hunters looking for you. Specifically. They know your faces. They're patrolling around nearby lately, and they are well equipped and trained. Y'all aren't safe."

    Trust to the Coil. She was in control, right? Naming objects she could see in her mind, she tried to settle her riled Beast.

  13. #10
    Aaron van Valen's Avatar

    Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

    Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

    3
    PRE

    Aaron crouches down next to the body and takes a sample of the blood by poking his finger into it, then bringing the blood to his lips. The main thing he wants to know if is whether the blood tastes completely human.

    Lovely. Really.

    He is very curious what kind of ritual required this to happen. Or if it is an example of how the Alchemists treat their enemies. But it seems odd for them to leave the torso here, just in case someone would come inside.

    Then Aaron rises to his feet and turns towards Lina and the odd couple. 'Hi there.' He immediately wonders what is up with the claw marks. Did another supernatural find its way to this Nest? Or had Little John been hunting for animals? It seems likely now that the claws were once attached to the limbless human (?) trunk.

    'I brought equipment that might help.'

      Lordly Palette
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-13 15:07:25 Aaron van Valen rolls 10 to to deduce info from blood (Int + Occ + merit) (10 Again) 6, 1, 1, 1, 4, 3, 4, 1, 4, 10, 3 1 success


    I used the same dice pool as you gave me last time, but without the penalties. Please correct if I'm wrong.
    Does Aaron feel the same aggression as soon as he sees the two?


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread
     

Similar Threads

    • 7
    • POSTS
    • Sep 20th, 2018
    • 28
    • POSTS
    • Aug 25th, 2018
    • 10
    • POSTS
    • Jul 7th, 2018
    • 103
    • POSTS
    • Sep 10th, 2009
  1. w
    • 5
    • POSTS
    • Apr 27th, 2009