(Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

What services indeed? The corner of his mouth curls almost imperceptibly. "I believe you've asked the perfect question. Perhaps I would not need to offer service to one Covenant over the others. Particularly if one I choose to adhere to isn't concerned with... politics?" Taft evades one question and produces another.

"My craft is not one to be discussed at polite gatherings." he states, matter-of-factly. "While I could certainly hint at its nature, in efforts to garner your curiosity, I'm not inclined to do so. Such games are better suited to a different kind of Danse." One where wordplay itself is the goal. But Moretti is no Shadow.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

2. Likes liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti nodded, leaning back into her chair even as a new pair of Kindred descend the stairs, sending her Beast kicking against the doors that bound it. Her eyes flicked from object to object, and she settled into her familiar pattern of mental exercises to calm it down as she replied to the Priscus of Shadows. "Sounds like we're due for a private discussion, then. You, me and van Valen. As with all things Kindred, there are some politics, even within the Order - but the focus is on Transcendence, not on petty games of power."

She drummed her fingers on the arm of her couch.

"I assume you aren't in to some horrible business, Priscus Taft." A half-smile crossed her face.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft nods, seemingly satisfied. "That seems appropriate. Are you able to arrange such a meeting? We will certainly have to exchange contact information before the evening is over."

Eventually his eyes, too, lock on to the pair of newcomers. Taft's face arranges in a stern frown as the Beast first lashes out and then retreats. It takes a moment, but the frown dissolves. His attention returns to Moretti.

"Not at all. Or at least... no more horrible than the business of all the present company." He makes a sweeping motion with one hand and indicates the surrounding Kindred.

"This city never ceases to amaze. Turn your head a quarter turn in any direction and you'll come across a beautiful woman. More often than not, one with potent blood."
    he muses. "The reasonable man in me says it's merely a coincidence. Yet I can't help wonder if there is a reason behind it." The smallest of things have proven significant in his (after)lifetime. Sacramento could be on the cusp of some monumental event, and it could just as easily be missed if Taft doesn't keep his eyes open.

"Do you believe in fate, Ms. Moretti?" ​turning his thoughts into words.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Easily," she said with a certain nod. "We'll get it organized, Mr. Taft." Her eyes wandered over to Aaron, who was welcoming one of the eight billion gorgeous women who just happened to be a newcomer. A wry smile crossed her face as he spoke on fate and beautiful women. "I do believe in fate. However, I don't think that a high concentration of hotties is the hand of fate. I think that's just what happens when you get a grip of Daeva in a Domain." She laughed gently.

"And yet, maybe there will be monumental events coming. We've got Hunters like mad in this Domain, and many skilled Kindred come together to undo their schemes. Should we fail, well, I have no doubt there will be death. But should we succeed, we may usher in a new golden age of prosperity and safety. That seems important, to me."

Brown eyes found Taft once more.

"Where will you be in all of that, Priscus of Shadows?"

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

He grins in amusement. "As you say."

His face becomes serious once more as she describes what she's seen and heard in the city. In her short time here. This woman, a match for the Spider in blood, has vision. And her question strikes a chord. He brings the meaty end of one fist to his open palm softly, but with purpose.

"At the very center; being the single grain that tips the scales."

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina grinned broadly right on back.

"Good. It was great seeing you. We'll get together again real soon."

Call it here?

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Not wanting to overstay his welcome - or ruin the moment - Taft stands. He reaches into his pocket and produces a small, very simple card with his phone number on it. Then, after offering it to Moretti, he gives her a polite nod of his head and turns his attention to the throngs once more.

Taft returns to the main thread.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.