Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
[1808] A Couch in a Secluded Corner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

Lina pats the couch next to her, one ankle hooked over the other as she invites Taft over. "Well, I'm so glad you have a moment. I was beginning to wonder if you were still, uh... curious," she said with a wry smile. The Grand Wyrm rested an arm over the back of the couch.

"It isn't often someone who I've barely met speaks so well of me just by dint of my Covenant. Did you have things you wished to ask?"

Shine a light on the Shadow. See if he's bold enough to get his answers.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

​"Curiosity is certainly a word for it."the Shadow remarks, taking his seat on the couch. "Your Covenant and I have... history." It's a baited statement, with no doubt. Even the stoic, reserved Taft cannot help but raise a brow in hopes to entice the Daeva further.

"I do appreciate your time, though, Ms. Moretti. It is no secret that I wish to know and understand those I share the Danse with. And you, yourself, have spent a relatively short time in our fair city. Please: begin where you wish. We can speak of Dragons or just of your history. I imagine either will provide some much needed entertainment." He'd barely escaped the throng of Kindred flapping their lips and saying nothing. The physically impressive Succubus should - hopefully - prove more interesting than talk of the weather.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

L
    Lina Moretti

"New just means my time isn't yet at an absolute premium, like some." A glance to Vivian, surrounded by others in the Danse, paying their respects. "Lucky for me, I think. It makes Court about purpose and change, rather than fulfilling a role's expectations, which brings us back to you."

A serious listening sort of look crosses her face. What did an Unaligned accused by a Heirophant of all manner of all manner of things know of the Secret Estate?

"I'm curious. What do you know of us so far, Mr. Taft?"

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft does not suppress the smile the appears on his face. It's ever so slightly predatory, and his eyes narrow slightly. "Premiums and expectations. I've built an interesting relationship with both." It seems like a baited comment, but the Shadow doesn't elaborate. Almost immediately, the smile fades and he delves into the Daeva's inquiry.

"Where to begin? I've spent many of my nights studying the occult. Though I realize the insight I've gained is much different than an insider's experience. Please forgive me if I get anything wrong."
    He tilts his head slightly to the side before continuing. His unblinking gaze locks firmly on the woman as he does. "Your Ordo Dracul... I've come to understand that the self is the strongest motivation in the Covenant. It seems more of a philosophy than a religion or political party. Which, I believe, sets it apart from the others. I've also witnessed a few Dragons undergoing some unusual practices and rites of passage. To my understanding these are for self betterment? 'Ascension' is a word I've heard to describe it."

L
    Lina Moretti

Another occultist, another student - one who actually had the gist. Obviously, he was well instructed. Good for him.

"You've got the basic idea, yeah. Here's how I think of it. We've got limitations. Things that vampiric stagnation has put on us. The goal is to overcome it all. Transcend this state, through work and experimentation. And it is possible. The way I look at it? It's a vampire equivalent to an out of shape person saying 'I wanna get fit' and committing to going to the gym and eating right. You gotta do it on the regular for a long time, but if you do, you're going to end up being able to do things you never thought you could and be way better off for it health-wise. The body doesn't want to change. Neither does the Beast. But you can make it happen, if you can learn how."

A glance to the rest of the room.

"There are easier paths to walk. Some of what we do to get us there is extremely hard on the body and mind."

They were overcoming the curse of God. Damn straight it wasn't going to be easy.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft listens in silence. His eyes don't move, save for a brief interlude when the Daeva looks around the room. When she finishes her piece, he gives a single nod.

"I imagine so. You certainly seem to have mastered the outward appearance of health."
    The corner of his mouth curls in humor. "But what of the more difficult challenges? Where do you fall on this ladder of 'transcendence'?" He might, for all intents and purposes, be dealing with a novice. Someone who could only give him hypothetical answers.

Still, even a novice could provide him with interesting answers. To wit anything she chooses to share is valuable. The Spider shifts to steeple his fingers and rest his elbows above his knees.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina rubs the bridge of her nose and holds up a dainty little finger, asking for a moment as she fires off a chirp at Davis's very Invictusness. Showing up at Court soaked? He'd better have a damn good reason for that, but it sounded like Rebecca was in the middle of accelerating a social pain train and didn't need any further help.

"High enough to know how to do it and to be accomplished, and low enough to still be hungry to learn more," she said with a shrug. No sense in bullshitting the guy into thinking she was Vlad Tepes reincarnated or whatever. "That last bit should apply to every Dragon, given our focus on Change."

She smiled, gently resting her arm on the armrest and resting her cheek in the upright hand.

"I'm looking for the right apprentice, but I find that few people have the necessary hunger for learning. So many occultists, but so many turn to other places, thinking they'll get what they need out of religion. I say the truest, most abiding power lies in overcoming one's own limitations. Don't you think?"

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

The spectacle of Davis eventually grabs Taft's attention as well, though he doesn't dignify it with a comment. Just an unmistakably weighted look.

The likelihood that such a modest statement was dressed up is minimal. Taft nods. "Thank you for your honesty. Deception has its uses, of course, but it doesn't make for cooperation."

"For your candor, I will offer you the same. The idea of mastering one's self to overcome stagnation is very appealing. I imagine most of the obligations of membership are tolerable, as well. The only thing standing between me and flying off to fill out an application is, well... mercantile in nature. To offer my services to the Ordo Dracul alone is to drive a wedge between myself and other, potentially valuable allies. My research - that which I devote my time and effort - could be disrupted by making rivals of those who could otherwise offer insight."

Taft pauses for a moment, taking and releasing an unnecessary breath. "This is not to say that your Covenant may not be the best choice for me. I simply need to consider things."

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina smiles sweetly at Davis as he shoots back at her before returning her focus to Taft.

"You're welcome," she said plainly in response to his thanks. As he explained himself further, she raised an eyebrow. "What services, and why would they need to be offered only to your Covenant?"

Blink. Blink.

C
    Cross

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.