Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Leaving Vampire

Hello everyone,

My sincere apologies for any pain that I caused. I was not aware that things had become so traumatic for anyone, but I am nevertheless sorry for having been the cause.

I will be removing myself from Vampire effective immediately, and I will also stay completely out of Vampire from here on out. I wish you all a lot of fun, and hope that the game is better with my absence.

Sincerely,

-Cayce

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

Whelp.

I’m pissed. I don’t like this. Can I veto you leaving?

As far as I’m concerned... you haven’t caused pain. You’ve caused drama. And not valley girl drama but Shakespeare’s drama. Which is why I play. I know I’m not the main player in the scenes that are causing such OOC reactions. But I am a player. One of 4. One of the only four players whose opinion should matter.

And yet ... somehow ... people’s OOC opinion on how other people’s toons should be played is driving away a consistent, solid, reliable player ...

People who are NOT even involved. IC. Or OOC.

I’m pissed.

This is bullshit. And so much bullshit that I’m gonna break my lurker attitude and call it out.

Bull. Shit.

Cayce . You shouldn’t have to feel the need to leave. Period.

To those who feel the need to critique other players representation of their characters: wrong. Point blank. Always. Always. Wrong.

To those who have an option on the scene involving 4 people and an ST: thank you for your input. It has been heard. Those 4 people and the ST would now like to continue their scene as they see fit. Because it is their scene.

J
    Colonel John Jefferson Davis
    Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Manipulation
    (Finesse)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Barfly
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Alder John Jefferson Davis Lord Pursuivant

Striking Looks 2 (Rakish)
    Manipulation 4 (Finesse)
    Fame 1 (Entertainment)
    Kasterborous
    Adam Exlibrist
    John Davis Scenes

Cayce , I haven't had the pleasure of roleplaying with you long and I try to refrain from reading too many threads that my character is not involved in. (Helps to avoid the lure of metagaming). But I want you to know I am really saddened by your choice to leave.

I got a sense from a comment and a post you made that Vampire was venue genre of vipers, or something to that effect. Yes, it can be. I went through 4 characters in a matter of 6 months in a Vampire LARP. I felt horrible, I didn't want to play ever again. But my friends supported me as a player. They enjoyed my characters because I brought a diverse element to the game. (Even the Nosferatu Beattlejuice character I made for my own amusement. I even gave him a curse of being summoned by anyone who called his name three times as per the discipline power. All be it at a limited range. Character would have lasted longer but someone tricked the Prince into saying his name thrice in the middle of court.)

My characters were not overly confrontational, they just didn't mix with the other characters. But then I hit on a couple of great concepts and I discovered a groove for my characters. Did they stay out of trouble? No, they got in just as much trouble, but the difference was in how I handled it IC and OOC.

I really don't know what all has been said or done. But I want you to know, I will regret not rping scenes between Takeda and Davis. I'll be honest I was nervous during the first introduction. I've learned to play cautiously. But my acting training has taught me to be true to my characters.

That all said, I respect your character choices. I have a strong theatre background and I teach theatre. So understanding character motivations, wants, needs, and "all that jazz." I really would like for you to stay. I think Davis and Takeda could form a strong coterie. Southern honor isn't so far removed from Japanese honor. And even though he is misguided by his 1800s view of Asians, he can still be cultured into friendship.

Again we haven't had any real time together to interact, I just wanted you to know how I felt, how I believe many of us feel. We don't want to see you go and I see a lot of good storytelling to be told through Takeda.

Vampire is a game a politics. And yes, it is a nest of vipers, all struggling to achieve dominance over the other snakes. The fun is forming alliances to achieve personal and group goals. Like I said I see potential in Takeda and Davis. I hate to see a good character retired because of a setback. Especially a setback that can help drive a character's motivation for months if not years to come.

I'll make one Star Trek reference and shut up. Brent Spiner signed up to play Data for as long as he did because the character had an unachievable goal to be human. What happened once the character achieved human emotions and the pinnacle achievement of his desire. The character is killed off because he had nowhere else to go. There was no further development for the character. Takeda has massive amounts of character growth potential. She has not been given the Kobiashi Maru Scenario yet. (Ok sue me, two Star Trek references).

Regardless of your final decision, I support your dedication to being true and honest with your character. It is a quality of a great actor and roleplayer. I look forward to interacting with you and your characters in the future.

4. Likes Cayce, Benji liked this post

Thank you both for your very touching posts! Maybe I have been too hasty in my thinking. Due to your marvelous points, I will reconsider.

Also, omg, having Star Trek and Shakespeare used in reference to me?

Total dream, lol!

6. Likes JonReeves, Benji liked this post

Hello everyone!

As it seems like In Service, An Inquiry is wrapping up, I just wanted to say a few things to clear up some confusion. Now, this is not being said to try to re-awaken any arguments, or to express any upset at people, I just want to clear up a few points of confusion that have been really bothering me. So:

Thing ONE:
    I did not PLAN to suicide Takeda. I went into that scene going "cool, gonna finally have a coterie." However, as the scene continued, I realized that Takeda would push back. Why? Well, her backstory was that she had to serve her Sire for over a decade, and surprise surprise, she hated that dude. So, now she felt like she was being forced in a similar matter, and came to the revelation that she was going to break her previous pattern of behavior.

Once I realized this, I also realized that this would probably get her killed. So I was like...."You know what, I am ok with this." And yes, I had been frustrated with Takeda for a bit, and yes, that might have influenced me subconsciously. Nevertheless, my intention was definitely NOT "suicide by prince".

Furthermore, when I realized the path I was wanting to walk on, I had to involve Saber Sloth, as it would affect her character, too.

Then, of course, I wanted to reach out to the OTHER people involved in the scene, and did so via PM.

So, honestly, I have been quite baffled with all this SUICIDE BY PRINCE nonsense that has been going around. WHY in the world anyone would make random ass assumptions without actually TALKING to the person in question... I do not know.

Thing TWO:

Like, you wanna know my history of Suiciding Characters?

There was ONE.

ONE. Out of like, at least TEN. So there is no history of said behavior.

And yes, it was a vampire. A vampire, Bea, that was messing with Alice (played by Saber Sloth), and with the now Prince, Ale. And I could tell that things were moving in a BAD direction, and after talking with Sloth, I knew that I could help her play out a really cool scene that would lead to some cool character development for Alice, and so Bea got killed off...

I would GLADLY eat a ban for having made that decision. I think it was very positive.

But! Takeda is sure as HELL not anywhere near the same thing. AT ALL.

Thing Three

There are so many people talking about Drama in vampire, and all the conspiracies between characters, and AGAINST characters, and I'm just like...

Ok. Have fun with that y'all. Because I didn't do a DAMN thing different. My intention has always been, and always will be, to tell cool stories (and thanks to Delta for acknowledging that!).

Anyways, I am salty, but this is final word from me (promise, I'll STFU now), and I'll get over it.

Peace.

8. Likes West liked this post
Closed Thread