Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

View Poll Results: What edition of Mage Armor?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's convert so that all Mage Armor is 2nd Edition.

7 70.00%
  • Let's not complicate things and only use 1st edition, RAW mage armor.

3 30.00%

Former ST Rollup

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

0 Scenes

Lol no, I like your plots and playing with your characters, you're also one of the most prolific members of the community.
    Also, how does one abuse ST powers anyway. ST powers are a hassle more than anything.

2. Likes Cayce liked this post

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

I mean, I like that you're putting out plots on a regular basis. I've had my own stint as ST and I know that wrangling 10-15 PCs sucks out a lot of time and energy that I'd rather spend on my own PCs, even if all they're doing is talking in social scenes.

And regarding the duel and heresy stuff, I appreciate that you asked me if I wanted to be involved in it before you initiated anything.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

4. Likes Cayce liked this post

Did a bit of reflection overnight.

Given the venues numbers, maybe the structure should simply be a Hierarch plus representatives of each active Cabal.

I also think Benji has a great idea with making each Cabal focus on a different aspect of the city or a Sphere of Influence.

Saber Sloth is right that a five path / order structure can get unwieldy with fluctuating numbers.
    See I think we have brought up Order, Path, and Cabal. With fluctuating numbers, those are all impacted equally.

I think going Cabal right now, we would end up with 4 Council / 1 Hierarch. I think dropping numbers needed for Cabal helps, as two is much easier to attain/maintain than three.

The nice side of Order/Path is 5. There is not going to be a tie vote, unless one remains out, in which cause the Hierarch could mediate (that is all they really do; mediate)

I think as far as work goes, the Path would be the least work, as the charter/lex would need minimal edits on the wiki.

Thank you both for the feedback! I really appreciate it! I had a tremendous amount of fun with the Heresy stuff, and the Duel! Going up against Knot has been, without a doubt, one of the best experiences I've had in Mage, and beyond that, I've been really amazed to see how much creativity and energy everyone has put into the latest Consilium thread.

However, I'm going to be dropping my current Mage, who is quite outspoken and combative, for a less intrusive PC. This way, I hope that everyone will feel supported in continuing with their plans for the Consilium as a whole. And, to those of you who have invested time with Epitaph, allow me to say, sincerely, thank you!

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

I think that a Cabal's "focus" can be, at the minimum, a hallow, because it's a place of power that needs protection from the degradation the Lie can inflict on the Supernal within the Phenomenal World. And then, as the population and skill of the Cabal grows, and as they go through plots and buy things, they can claim stewardship over more things.

Maybe one cabal focuses on the sac river and takes allies that they can use to clean it up or explore it. Maybe some cabal takes on the politics of the city as their stewardship. Another cabal could take on the infrastructure, or the graveyards, or the clubs. There's all kinds of things that a cabal can keep an eye on, and all kinds of reasons to do so.

And taking stewardship of something shouldn't be a "no one else can play in my sandbox" thing, it should be a hook for people to use to encourage toons to meet and work through problems together and socialize.

that's my 2 cents
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Cayce,

First off, I didn't vote. I do not think you are a bad ST or a bad player. We are all human at the end of the day and everyone is imperfect and everyone makes mistakes.

When character versus character conflict arises, this can often bleed over into player versus player. It is a hard area to tackle and I think it is an area where we need better training and better communication. These things that we seem to be lacking, I am not placing on your shoulders, not saying you are guilty of it all... but I am saying that the site needs this as a whole.

If we were doing small group play, one of the first jobs is figuring out what type of game everyone wants to play. Beyond that, it is finding what people are comfortable and not comfortable with. We do not have anything like that here, minus some much needed common (no minors, no sex scenes, etc).

We do have a bit of frame-work that shows what sorts of play-styles you like, but I am unsure how many people actually use that, or if it truly reflects their comfort levels. I think we can kind of go off of that, once more people understand it better, but at the end of the day communication is something that can always be improved on.

Thank you both for the feedback! I really appreciate it! I had a tremendous amount of fun with the Heresy stuff, and the Duel! Going up against Knot has been, without a doubt, one of the best experiences I've had in Mage, and beyond that, I've been really amazed to see how much creativity and energy everyone has put into the latest Consilium thread.

However, I'm going to be dropping my current Mage, who is quite outspoken and combative, for a less intrusive PC. This way, I hope that everyone will feel supported in continuing with their plans for the Consilium as a whole. And, to those of you who have invested time with Epitaph, allow me to say, sincerely, thank you!
    Cayce,

One of the first ever Lings I made was Ion. After a bit of play I found that my concept was just subpar. It isn't fun playing anti-social in a social venue for me. You can easily switch up concepts and make adjustments to draw more fun from it. Trust me, I did and it made Ion more playable and a ton more enjoyable. It is easy to have this "concept" and feel a prisoner to it, but at the end of the day you can change it how ever you see fit to have more fun from it.

If you want to move on to something, else, that is fine too. Just wanted to throw my experience out there.

10. Likes Cayce liked this post

Grain of salt? I am something of an absentee ST. I post in spurts and bursts and then retreat into real life for days. I know the first few months of Caycery were marked by Cayce being very busy with real life. And... let's face it: so am I! Other than this parallel, I have no strong criticisms to bear against Cayce being in Mage. Someone has to do it. Being an ST requires a degree of dedication and (as long as the individual filling the spot feels up to it) should come with an equal degree of patience from the others. Playze don't leave. Kthx. Not bai.

12. Likes Cayce liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Just keep in mind that IC cannot trump OOC reality.

Everything the books say are written in a vacuum and idealized -- versus the reality of how many players are in the game, and their distribution between Paths and Orders.

I've seen this for years. The same arguments. Mage. Vampire. You're always going to have unbalanced populations, always have the disconnect between new/old/who SHOULD or SHOULD NOT be the Councilor, and always have the player that joined and a week later is a clueless Councilor because of population roulette. I've tried to make it work. As an ST and as a player.

It doesn't work, it never has, and most of the time, it's only being suggested by people just coming into the game who see an easy power grab.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, Whisper, Benji liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Damn. I'm not going to get duel now...

Oh well...

I have no problem with you as Mage ST. I've enjoyed your plots, which have reinvigorated the venue. You even allowed me to find out just how hidebound and conservative Campy really is.

Looking forward to what happens next.

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread