Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

View Poll Results: What edition of Mage Armor?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's convert so that all Mage Armor is 2nd Edition.

7 70.00%
  • Let's not complicate things and only use 1st edition, RAW mage armor.

3 30.00%

Former ST Rollup

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

I was going off of past experiences in the venue. I know the Lex is meh.

On a sidenote... i worked in cabal wiki's a bit the other day, though did not get to understudies

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

And, because i can't edit my last post, it demonstrates why we need to hash everything out ooc. Because a lot of us (historically and not naming names!) go through arguments IC on cruise control and a bad actor can ooc manipulate that so that it disenfranchises players in game.

Hashing it all out in plain language ooc helps mitigate that.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

3. Likes Cayce liked this post

I also think that while they have titles, like vampire, vanilla politics differs much greatly. It is mostly like the body that puts out the law, and upholds it.

Positions seem similar, but they are quite different. Without looking much, it would be easy to assume Prince = Heirarch or Priscus=Councilor, but they function quite a bit different.

Vanilla Vamp and Vanilla Mage politics are quite different in form and function.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

We really do not need a whole lot, as a lot of frame work has been set. Maybe recheck on Path Councilors and to edit the Lex Wiki and Charter Wiki.

M
    Matrixchild

This needs to be handled IC. No offense, but poor wording or incorrect interpretation are all factors in character discussions and we can't just try and erase those by switching an IC discussion to OOC. OOC should be used to iron out certain specific details AFTER they have been agreed to IC. I also don't believe any mage should be excluded from a discussion about the future structure of the Consilium, because regardless of 'titles' there is no true structure currently, so any current 'titles' have no real weight. I agree there should be a separate scene to do the discussion, separate from the duel/seer debate, but any argument or discussion over the merits should be handled IC (And yes I know I'm guilty of discussing merits OOC. I just don't want OOC discussion to eclipse and erase IC discussion. That's where the minds of the characters should truly be convinced).

Hello everyone! First of all, let me say that I am very glad that we are all excited about what's happening in Mage! I'm loving seeing everyone getting involved, and I appreciate how vocal everyone has been. However, I need to step in to clear up a few things.

Thing One:

The Consilium is NOT being decided OOC. This has never been a possibility. If it was going to happen OOC, I would have a badass cabal of overpowered jerks show up and whip their supernal dicks out, just like the STs in the past who installed their puppet hierarchs. But guess what? That is NOT happening, and will never happen as long as I have a say about it. So cool your jets.

Thing Two:

Going off of historical precedent, when things are ONLY done in IC, there is invariably some miscommunicaiton, and it leads to people being upset, hurt, and otherwise not having a good time.

Case Study: Nous pulling a fast one with the Lex Magic, requiring councilors to be part of cabals...leading to half the council getting deposed. And then the ST was all "you didn't read, your fault other players, you didn't do your jobs..." Discounting, of course, that said players have actual jobs in Real Life.

Case Study: Whenever I have a character IC attack another PC without OOC communication, it has lead to extreme unpleasantness. I desperately want to avoid this happening again, in any context.

SO!

THERE WILL BE OOC discussion. This keeps everything transparent. This allows people to clear up miscommunication. This allows EVERYONE to have a voice. And in the future, be sure not to attempt to stifle OOC communication. OOC communication allows for collaboration, after all! I'm not calling anyone out, I'm just trying to be very clear.

The Consilium Structure will of course be decided IC.

However, there will also be an OOC conversation happening.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, Benji, liked this post

What I'm thinking is getting input on Path, Order, or Cabal.

If it devolves, where people are ignoring other people's posts, like in the other thread, then the discussion will move to how to have an organized discussion.

I think it would be good to hit the topic good IC and then for IC reasons, meet up again in 72hrs to ensure emotions and such are not impacting decisions and to give people time to think it over.

If we have to do organization to talk. I think split into threads of 3 or 4 and in that thread, one person elects to voice for the others.

They discuss the topics then the voices of the others meet up.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Just like to say I'm happy with whatever method is decided to choosing Councillors (Path / Order). More to the point, it is actually quite grand to have reached a population where it is necessary to establish a Structure of some sort.

Especially given we down to one Cabal at the beginning of the year (i.e. 5 player characters)

A quick thank you to Cayce keeping the venue afloat with the ST-y stuff and plots.

Campy will of course fight hard to keep his position - despite the fat he simply fell into the roll.

12. Likes West, Whisper liked this post

Hello everyone!

Allow me to begin by saying that I love playing on the site, and that it is my hope that everyone is having a wonderfully fun time on the site, too. However, as some of you are aware, it has become quite clear that there are those who are not happy with the way I've been doing things. Now, as I've been running the Mage venue for a few months now, I would hate for anyone to feel that I was hiding behind, or abusing my ST position. So, please let me know! Does the community want me to step down? And, if you would like me to step down, I would appreciate it if you would let me know why below so that I might grow from your critique.

Thank you!

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Did a bit of reflection overnight.

Given the venues numbers, maybe the structure should simply be a Hierarch plus representatives of each active Cabal.

I also think Benji has a great idea with making each Cabal focus on a different aspect of the city or a Sphere of Influence.

Saber Sloth is right that a five path / order structure can get unwieldy with fluctuating numbers.

16. Likes , West liked this post
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread