Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

View Poll Results: What edition of Mage Armor?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's convert so that all Mage Armor is 2nd Edition.

7 70.00%
  • Let's not complicate things and only use 1st edition, RAW mage armor.

3 30.00%

Former ST Rollup

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    E
    ErlangShen

Discuss it IC. It'll work out for the better.

M
    Matrixchild

I already said my piece about the whole structure, but just to follow everyone else, I think there should be a separate Consilium thread strictly for IC discussion of Consilium structure. That way the whole issue of a second duel/seer allegations/whatever is out of the mix.

0 Scenes

I think it's better left IC. Lot of RP potential, plus there are characters (like Shen's and Orianna's, Kelreth's and Campy) that could really shine in a political/intellectual setting

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

Aurora has said her peace IC, and as a player, I believe it should be left IC. Like what has been said before, there is some great chances for RP here.

I know I haven't spoken up much in the past about Mage, and the truth is, I'm still learning. But I, as a player, enjoy seeing IC things build. Everything from Cabals to maybe a Consilium with structure, makes for great scenes where characters can really step forward. Or step back. I think it's more organic to let the characters hash it out and see how it's handled.

The mage venue is ever growing and expanding, which is awesome btw! But lets see what the characters do. If it's a crap show, then maybe revisit OOC?

5. Likes Vincent, Whisper liked this post
    E
    ErlangShen

I strongly encourage doing things IC. Working this OOC robs political/social characters of their chance to shine.

0 Scenes

No one said that it wouldn't be done ICly too, and no one said that if we do a Cabal focused Consilium that those without a Cabal would be voiceless.

Sigil Holders from each Cabal, then a representative for the Solitaires could work just as well. Like an Order Council, one from each Order, plus one for the Apostates. Or that's my idea anyway. This way the ratio from Councillors to Non-Councillors would be better, instead of 5 Councillors plus maybe a Hierarch.

Remember the reason why we did away with the Path Councillors? Everyone but like three or so mages was a Councillor, it got a little silly.

RPing it all out ICly is awesome and yes should be done! Always RP! But, having an open discussion, to see where everyone of us are OOC is super important too. The point is to have fun, and not be frustrated or alienated.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, Benji liked this post

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

Regardless of whether or not we hash it out OOC, what we DO need to do, if we can't resolve one conversation topic at a time, is split up the conversations into different threads so that the people who want/need to deal with the duel/seer witch hunt can have that conversation while the people who want to argue about structure can have their conversation in peace.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

10. Likes Kelreth, , Yumyumcrow liked this post

At the moment, are there just two Cabals? With 3+?

Weavebreaker is joining Hounds, but that is only a two person cabal. On the wiki it has Banshee and Epitaph for Understudies, another two person.

We do, currently have a fair number. I think there would be benefits to everyone holding some sort of position; whether it is Councilor, Provost, Herald, etc...it gives everyone a bit more "buy in" with the game.

There have been a lot more mages through the venue that have never been in a cabal... this is even with the benefits of being in a cabal granted you within Sacramento.

I know Archangels had like 4 to begin with and it seemed like less than six months went by and back to 1.

I think a potential way to have cabals hold a bigger impact in the game, is allow for it to be 2+.

0 Scenes

I'm all for dropping the required number from 3 to 2 for a Cabal. Sometimes we don't have the numbers for 3. Or the characters don't want to Cabal up with more then one other, for whatever reasons.

If we do drop the requirement from 3 to 2, we have Cabal XII , the Understudies, Nidhogg's Bane, Hounds of Artemis (If/when Weavebreaker joins) plus a vote for the Solitaires, which brings everything up to 5

I understand wanting to have a stake in the Consilium, but if we do have the Path Councillors, Hierarch, Heralds, etc, that it will feel to much like the rigidity of vampire. Which we're not. We're mage, and we can create something that isn't just a carbon copy of vampire with different names.

I want to create something that's uniquely mage, and unique to EoD, there's other places where the traditional structure thrives, and other games to experience it. I want to do something special and interesting, and make new people of 'hey that's nifty' and maybe want to play mage here because this is something unique.

(And Deltaomega Vauban is a member of Understudies, he hasn't put that into the Cabal line yet )

13. Likes Cayce liked this post

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

the requirement for 3+ was a power grab by Nous years ago, and Star put forth a motion to remove it that was passed fewer years ago.

You can't rely on the lex that's on the wiki because it hasn't been kept up to date.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

15. Likes West, Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread