Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1808) The Doctor and The Giant

THREADID
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

As she settled on a place slightly away from the main group she looked up at the giant and asked, "but beside all that, how have your evenings been?" They hadn't truly been able to speak during the card game and she was curious to learn more about the unusual man.

K
    Krieg

"I am well," Krieg replied with content. "I have plans for October. The farm will be cleaned up and ready for a Festivo dello Estinto. We will summon and bind a spirit of malfeasance to a tree, then destroy it. In return, the Goddess shall grant us good luck."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Hmm. How interesting," she said with a friendly smile. "You know, if I'm being honest, I don't actually know much about the beliefs of the Crone. I think the last Domain I stayed in had a very small Crone population, so I never had the opportunity to ask. Is this ritual connected in anyway to the pagan beliefs around Halloween or Harvests? Or is it unrelated and coincidental?" Rebecca was not a religious person, but there was no harm in knowledge. Knowledge had power.

K
    Krieg

"I am so glad you asked," the Hierophant smiled with excitement. "Halloween and the harvests were adopted by mortals thanks to the work of Acolytes. Almost everything deemed to be 'pagan' has its roots within the Circle." Two large gloved fingers added air quotes emphasizing pagan. "The changing of the seasons are important, obviously. Then there are countless smaller rites and oblations. Each is tailored to what one is conversing with the Goddess."

A sweeping arm crossed over in a grand gesture, "Back when Kindred walked among mortals like gods. The early Skalds - wandering storytellers and teachers - would inspire the masses - mortal and Kindred alike. That is how mythology of today has such a diverse cast of characters. It is thanks to the Skalds who carried with them their stories to share."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

With a slight look of surprise she said, "Why word. I did not realize just how entrenched the Crone was in Kine history and mythology. If I recall, aren't the Skald connected to Norse mythology?"

Rebecca's face had remained placid but friendly as she listened to the giant. Of course, the arrival of Davis did not escape her notice. Her Catalyst felt the strength of his beast, and yet all her mind could focus on was...why? Why was he arriving at the Prince's Elysium wet? Why was he arriving dirty? Had he not brought enough shame upon himself? She couldn't recall saying a single ill word to him in some time, but she would have to make sure he knew the displeasure she felt about his...appearance. It could not wait.

She looked to Krieg as she spoke, but it was clear Davis was the focus of her attention. "Mr. Krieg I am so absolutely sorry to have to do this. I would love to continue this conversation and learn more about the Crone as well as the history and mythology between Kindred and Kine, but I see that a problem has just arisen that I must attend to immediately, lest others believe it is acceptable behavior. Please excuse me temporarily, with my humblest apologies." She offered the man a respectful bow of her head, her apology sincere, before she made her way directly towards Davis.

Rebecca returns to the main thread.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.