Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"There are realistically three options..." Weavebreaker said. "Guidance by Path; by Cabal; or by Order"

"If you have any other ideas, please put them forth." Weavebreaker urged the others. "Myself, I vote for Guidance by Paths."

"What say you all?" She asked, eyes moving to each of the people who would help shape the guiding body of Sacramento.

"If need be, we can break into smaller groups to be able to convey our thoughts and feelings better. That way we are not talking over one another."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She was just done with the whole day at this point.

People couldn’t see reason, and her head was pounding.

Walking over, she raises a hand,

“Aurora by the way, I don’t think we’ve met.”
    That out of the way.

“I remember when we did it by Path, and it seemed to work out fine. I will admit that it might seem unfair when it’s a Path of one. But that usually doesn’t stay the case for long. And if it came up, then I believe they should be able to sit down like adults and hash out who represents the Path.” A light shrug.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He trailed the women. "I agree wholeheartedly", he said, "and Councilor Aurora, you defused that bomb effortlessly, your seat is well deserved". All it took for the woman to quieten the room were few words. A feat.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"Weavebreaker." She gave Aurora a nod, as she looked to the newcomer that had arrived.

" Cricket , over here." Weavebreaker looked back to Aurora, and motioned to her so that Cricket knew who he was looking for.

"We will see who else joins us." Weavebreaker crossed her arms for a moment.

"With how intense the emotions have been today, we may have to use this time to figure out how to have a discussion and then give a couple days for clear minds to prevail and reassemble." Weavebreaker gave a soft roll of her shoulders. "We can't have people talking over others and everyone needs to have their voices' heard."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod of thanks was offered to Winter, “Thanks. Things just got derailed quickly and nothing was getting accomplished aside from talking in circles. So yah.” She stepped in, but she doesn’t think she defused anything.

Her seat? Oh, as Councilor. “My seat kind of fell into my lap, being the only Thyrsus and all. Though I’d love to see more. A Path of one sucks.” True enough.

Then her name being called and she looks to see who said it. Wasn’t a face she recognized.

As Weavebreaker motions the new guy, she’ll raise her hand as well and wave him over. Must have a reason to want to see her.

Focusing back on Weavebreaker, she nods, “A couple days might be good. With how intense and crazy things got, a few days would do us all some good. It would also give people a chance to think over what they want and what they don’t want. And maybe we can all be adults about it.” Maybe, maybe not. “Cause I’d rather not have a repeat of today. Screaming matches get nothing done.”

6. Likes Vincent, liked this post
    C
    Cricket

He bounces up into place with the rest of the group. “Hey! Yeah, go by Cricket. You’re Aurora?” His eyes lit up in recognition. Up close, there was no mistaking that it was the Madison Cross. He opened his mouth but managed to trap the fangirl inside before she could escape. Now probably wasn’t the time. “Right, right, yeah. Hi! I’m in it with the Stone Book and I was told you’re sort of the scene for us here. Are there, like, forms and junk that I’ve got to fill out? Or is this the sort of stuff you’re trying to work out?”

He looked around between those here so far. “I’m a Libertine, so don’t hold it against me or anything, but you’ve already tried, you know, a vote – yeah?” He asked while his fingers idly crawled over the rim of his hat, turning it in a fidget as he might a juggling ring.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He assessed the newcomer, an eyebrow lifted at the man's outspoken display of bodily decorations. "This is a Pentacle Consilium", as much as it pained him to admit that, "don't do anything stupid, and nobody will ever hold a grudge against you".

"Welcome",
    he added after a pause, his attention was again on the two women, "a couple of days to let people chill off, address the most blatant issues and let the newcomers get acquainted, and then begin with the vote", noticing Epitaph's abrupt escape, "it's unlikely that she'd be a servant of the Exarchs, though she's likely to not feel welcome anymore. I'm afraid we handled the matter poorly, starting from myself, diplomacy isn't my strong suit."

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

When Cricket approached, Weavebreaker gave him a quick once over. There was still so much on her mind, but she still gave the newcomer a name. "Weavebreaker."

Weavebreaker's hand drifted to her mouth, as she thought about a way to organize talks about organization. There were still some who had hung around, but today obviously wasn't the day that much progress would be made. At least today served as a hopeful catalyst for change.

"Hmm. Maybe meet back in 72hrs. It would give people a chance to unwind from the drama of the day. We could form into random groups of three to discuss which structure is preferred; Cabal, Path, Order, or something else." Weavebreaker nodded her head softly as she worked through the thought. "One from each of the groups of three would then get together and discuss the various ideas of the group."

"Everyone's will would be accurately reflected, as they would be standing there. It would also cut down the chatter of people talking over one another."

"What do you all think?"

Weavebreaker bit her lip for a moment. "Honestly it is one of those things..."

"The whole Seer accusation..."

"We would need a Consilium and Lex to even begin to pursue truth in such matters. I am not trying to belittle the gravity of such a claim for the accused or accuser...but it is lower on the hierarchy of needs. We have a pressing need to be able to discern the truth first."
    Weavebreaker merely gave a soft shrug of her shoulders. Without order to process such claims, it could lead to greater issues.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blue eyes study the new disarming mage before them, Cricket. There was something familiar about him…where has she seen him before? Maybe best to ask at another time, it had been a long day.

“I am, the one and only.” She says, offering her hand. “Well, considering it was a scene of one, yah.” She jokes with a chuckle. “No forms, you and I just chat for a bit.” She would have to make sure he wasn’t a Seer or to the best of her abilities. “We’re working out some issues.” She wasn’t sure how much she wanted to get into with a new face.

Smiling with a shake of her head, “No worries on that. All Orders are welcome here. So, tell us more about yourself, unless you’d rather we step aside and talk privately, both work for me.” He didn’t strike her as shy, but hell, you never know.

Looking to Winter, she nods again, “You make some good points. I can see why she’d feel unwelcome, but things got out of hand and needed to be addressed. Hopefully, once tempers die down, she’ll be able to come and discuss it with us.” Both sides would need to be heard.

“Diplomacy is hard, especially when everyone was a heated as they were. But the at the end of the day, there is a time and place for things. If the proper channels had been in place, maybe it could have been avoided all together. But, we learn, change and move on.”
    All you could do.

“72 hours seems fair enough. And I like the way you’ve laid it out, though I’m not sure others will. People are going to want to make sure they’re heard, and I can’t really blame them.” When it came to getting rules and laws in place, everyone had a say. “Kinda makes me think we need a stick or something and whoever is holding gets to talk.” She says, trying to make a joke.

There was a grimace, “Yeah, that is going to have to be addressed. We can’t go around throwing that accusation at each other.” She shakes her head, “Not with everything this Consilium has gone through and survived. Such words carry weight, both for the accuser and the accused.” There was no unringing that bell. “And you’re right. We can’t begin to look into that until we have something in place to make sure it’s done right and fairly.”

12. Likes Vincent, liked this post
    C
    Cricket

Cricket gave a wink back to Winter at seeing the arched brow. He was used to people inspecting the goods. The warning made him give a weak chuckle. “Ah – dang. Stupid’s -- kind of my whole gig, but I’ll work on it.”

He gave a nod to Weavebreaker’s own introduction and waited on the edge of the conversation before properly responding to Aurora. “I recommend a stuffed animal.” He played off her joke. “Talking sticks usually turn into throwing sticks and not everyone can pull off an eyepatch.” He’d been to enough commune group meetings to speak from experience on sticks and enough steampunk conventions for eyepatches.

“Nah, I’m cool with talking wherever. Don’t wanna take up all your time when you’ve got a whole thing going on though. I’m an entertainer.” He gave the classic razzle, bouncing to stick a foot out along with his hand to give his hat a shake. “Ba-baah! Juggling, jokes, tense dramas that no one goes to see. Standard clown stuff. Kept on the road, lots of charity gigs for animal rights, radical community actualization, environmental causes. I’m not vegan, but nobody’s perfect.”

He straightened up and popped his lips quietly in thought. “Uhm – I guess I do kinda have a thing about authority, again, Libertine – yada-yada. But no one’s worse than Seer trash. They don't even try not to be dicks. If you got a nest you’re worried about, I say just get primal about it.” He said with the same big grin, if with a sharp glint to his eyes. “I think lots of shit can get talked out, but sometimes a brick to the head is all some people actually listen to.”

He then rolled onto his heels and back, adding. “Oh, and board games. I’m not, like, great at them – but I’m pretty into board games.” His eyes lit up in trying to connect into their talk of tensions that he’d only gotten snippets of so far. “Maybe a game night, you know? Team building stuff. Get those aggressions out on the cardboard, right?” He was only half-joking with that if they were having this much trouble working together on the big stuff together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread