THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

'Nothing too pressing, you've got me curious.' The only thing Aaron could think of was something related to Lina as well, but then why wouldn't Clara go to her cousin?

He crosses his arms and waits patiently for the answer.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Aaron was a curious one. Clara half-expected a Lord's rebuff and would ply patiently for an in. Always count on a Dragon to surprise you.

"A simple matter, Priscus van Valen. I simply wished to study..." she glanced towards Lina. Just how much had she told Aaron? "Your Clan's favored Discipline. When the timing was right, of course." Staying laconic was an active effort for the Bacchante but she could manage.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Before Clara finishes her sentence and leaves the tension hanging in the air, Aaron wonders about all the things she could want to study. Lina had told him she was not interested in joining the Ordo Dracul. Unless she simply did not want Lina as a mentor, that would interesting. He's not sure if she knows of the Lord's other skills... how could she?

Of course, except for that obvious one. 'Really?' Aaron responds calmly, while his facial expression shows clear surprise.

First Vivian, now Clara. I'm flattered really. Though...

'A simple matter? That is a bit hurtful.' They are the Lord's Words. The Discpline that exerts complete control over any human or post-human mind. It is definitely not a simple matter. While his tone remains serious, he playfully pouts a little. Naturally, he is not really offended by her wording.

With two Daeva interested in his Clan Discipline, several conspiracy theories start to grow in his mind. Thus he needs to know: 'Why exactly?'

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

Aaron's words gave no hint of emotion. It was his expressions and his non-verbal cues that gave Clara heading to navigate his responses.

"If you're pride is wounded, you have my sincerest apologies." Clara words were coy, playing off inflections to make it sound like she was asking a question almost. Her expression was doll still with a small smile that only changed to mouth her response. "I meant it simple in that, as Priscus, your wishes would be paramount. I wouldn't think to try to outsmart two capable Lords by going to one and neglecting the Priscus of the clan."

Aaron's last question bemused Clara. "Why, to better serve the Domain. Limiting my options has never been my style." She still had memories of her Sire and Grandsire using the Lord's commands. A cruder tool, sure, but there are times a sledgehammer is the surer option than more subtle methods.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Aaron lets out a soft chuckle, 'Apology accepted.'

'Good thinking.'
    He is confident enough to truly believe that she thinks she cannot outsmart him. 'Well, I'm open to the idea. Mentoring others and sharing knowledge is part of my Dragon nature.'

Secret knowledge aside, of course. But Aaron does not consider Dominate to be secret knowledge. It would be blind idealism to think he could keep the Discipline exclusive to Clan Ventrue.

'Really? I would have hoped just for fun. But I'm glad you are fully intent on using all options available to defend the Domain. I would almost give it freely... too bad my time has a price too.' He gives the Daeva an innocent wink. 'But I'm not interested in an equal trade with Majesty, in case you were wondering. Did you think of an offer?'

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You and Grand Wyrm Moretti do us all a service by bringing your enlightened ideas back to Sacramento."

It was a tight-rope. Lords could be sensitive to the perception of a slight and honeying her words too much could push Aaron away. But he took her words and gave back measured, cool responses. Maybe he is as confident as he projects.

"Oh, the Disciplines only sour nights for me." Clara said it with a playful tone and her expression remained a vacant impression of a doll. "And I would never think to take advantage of your charitable nature," she leaned closer and kept her body a hair's breadth from his. "I understand you're securing real estate for your order, among other things. I am currently working on establishing connections with City Hall. Wouldn't you and your students sleep better if no pesky kine interfere with your affairs while you slumbered?" Her eyes looked up at his slightly higher gaze. "I'm sure someone as smart as you has given these matters thought and has his own solutions. I only ask to consider the convenience I might provide--as well as fair compensation."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

For a short moment, Aaron's eyes narrow, as he grows wary for any empty compliments. But the Daeva seems sincere enough, and he likes to be flattered. 'I certainly hope so. It is one of our intentions.'

He is all the more curious why she doesn't want to join. What other agendas does this woman have? Would Dominate be part of it?

It takes Aaron a moment of self-control to stay put when Clara comes closer. Beasts don't like to be that close. 'Good.' But he remains standing in his confident posture. 'Rumors are spreading already, wonderful. I do like my privacy for all bedroom affairs.' His expression becomes even more playful. And because he is not a particularly tall man, he is indeed just high enough to look down at the Daeva in her eyes. 'I like having allies with connections. Of course, I do not know beforehand if I will actually ever need those. But for when I do, it is perhaps easiest if I can just cash in that Boon that you owe me. If you like the Prestation system?'

And if not, well, I don't suppose it matters really.

8. Likes Riks liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

Vampires didn't like being too close. Clara liked putting that feeling on others in her weight-class. It was a game and any discomfort or buzzing in the back of her neck was alleviated by closely watching a Vampire when they didn't want to be seen.

Clara made a confused face the moment Aaron mentioned the bedroom. "You're doing an excellent job with privacy. My ears are deafened to the affairs of your pants and who you might invite. Kudos." It was always harder with Lords: sorting out the fools from the truly dangerous. "If you're going to want to insist on Prestation, I'll insist you know your request beforehand. Consider it an open invitation: once you know what you want, come to Clara. Then you can show me how you make words into Words." The Bacchante took a step back from the Priscus yet remained close enough so that their Auras still mingled.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Aaron only grins when his joke has the desired effect. She decided to come up close and talk about sleeping students. 'Oh I always sleep alone, don't worry.' Daeva and their dirty minds! His bedroom affairs usually involve books and maps, some are simply more secret than others.

Somewhat true though. I would never bring Kine to my actual Haven.

When she comes with her counter-offer, it is his turn to be a little confused. Maybe she does not want to learn Dominate so badly after all. Is it really just an upgrade to her tools? To be obtained without any unexpected consequences. Quite understandable, actually.

'Time will tell then. Right now I don't know you well enough to know your worth. But I guess we are both in it for the long run. And we have similar goals of keeping the Domain safe, so I'm sure we'll discover more about each other on the way.'

Though they could start right away. 'May I ask: any particular reason why you are interested in City Hall? Or are those private matters?'

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

Did Aaron just admit to pleasuring himself? In Court? Clara saw Aaron's grin and statement and made a huge leap. Aaron might be making fun at her -broader- Clan's nickname: Succubi. She doubted a Lord would even have that urge in him. A light barb designed to provoke, then. Nothing more. She shrugged, a small roll of a shoulder, and said, "Shame." A smile formed on her lips.

"True enough, you don't know my worth. And I don't know if you're a gentleman. Time will tell indeed," she said lightly.

The curious Dragon shot two queries one after the other. He's measuring me up. And not in the fun way, either. "You were there, Priscus van Valen. When Grand Wyrm Moretti explained the threat we face. I'm not be one to charge through...fire or bullets, but I can use subtler means to cure the Domain of the vermin. I did not come here only to see Sacramento burn. Everything else is secondary." Clara's voice gave the slightest hint of anger. Then she shifted, her tone playful. "As to any personal reasons, who can say? My whims are known to be fickle. But my friends are well taken care of." She took a moment to glance at John's entrance. And the scurrying rat that escaped his coat.

Of course she could should press back. "And is it truly ease you want with Prestation? Or do you simple seek to take advantage of a lady by holding her in your debt?"

12. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread