Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

After the surprising call from Samael, Aurora grabbed her purse and headed out.

She was sure some sensitive information might come up, so she picked a coffee shop that had rooms you could rent. They were usually filled with college students studying, but with it being summer, she was able to snag one. The coffee house itself wasn’t too special, but they had good coffee and it was close to the theater.

Parking the GTO, she orders some coffee and heads out back. Today she was dressed casually and for the warm weather in a thin white tank over jeans. Sometimes you just wanted to go comfortable.

Sitting on her legs, she sips the coffee, waiting for Samael.
    Samael ErlangShen

2. Likes Vincent liked this post
    S
    Samael

The Mastigos walked with a stride of confidence. He wore a white polo shirt, khaki pants and sunglasses. Samael grinned widely, calling to Aurora, "I'm back," with both hands out at his side in a "ta-da!" pose.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She watches him over her coffee cup as he confidently walked in.

“Kinda looks like you just got back from an amazing Caribbean vacation.” Says the Shaman with a grin.

“Come, sit,” she motions to the chairs, “Tell me what you’ve been up to. We were worried when you didn’t show for the barbecue.” Another sip of coffee.

S
    Samael

"I did visit Bermuda for a convention," he smiled brightly and took a seat. "My former student called me. He said it was 'urgent.' I had to pack my bags and hurry over to Philly. It was quite the experience. He had been wrongfully identified in a criminal investigation by the police. He allegedly fit the profile." Samael harumphed loudly. "The prosecutor was quite overzealous and eager to make a name for himself."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking, “Ah, so there was a vacation mixed in with everything.” Everyone needed a vacation every once and a while. Couldn’t fault him on that. “I hope you took pictures, cause I def want to see pictures!” the water around there looked amazing!

Sipping her coffee, she listens, nodding here and there.

“Just so you know, these walls are pretty sound proof. They have live bands often and these rooms are mostly used for students studying, so not much sound enters or leaves.”
    Just in case.

“Anyways.” Refocus!

“Wow, sounds like it was quite an ordeal! And isn’t there always someone looking to prove themselves about something? No matter the cost to those around them.” a light chuckle.

“He’s lucky to have someone to call and help him. Things better now?”
    for all she knew the student would be yet another new face to appear at the Circle.

“You plan on sticking around for a while?” not that he had to answer that, he wasn’t in her Cabal, Order or Path. He could come and go as he pleased.

S
    Samael

Samael chuckled and nodded. "Alright, I can stop code-switching then." He breathed a sigh of relief. "An actual prosecutor was the Seer. He was puppet master, except he went overboard. Turns out he was so fixated on appeasing his slave masters, he developed a reputation for being a ratfink. He pissed off the wrong group of people and it only took a little nudge to get him under investigation for all sorts of corruption."

The Mastigos sipped his coffee, "You can't please everyone. However, it does more harm than good to be an unrelenting jerk." The Warlock sipped again, "Once all that was taken care of, I began my Factotum training."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Sipping her coffee with a nod, “Code talk can be a bit much sometimes.” She personally hated it, but respected that it had its place for a reason. Eyebrows rise as the story unfolds, “Sounds like a real charmer. Glad you were there to help things along, we can’t sit back and let them ruin stuff. It also sounds like that kid was lucky to know you.” Not many Awakened had that privilege right off.

“Oh? Excited about it? There’s a lot that goes into that. If you need someone to study with, let me know, I still remember a few things.” Maybe part of her would always be a Ladder to some extent.

“So aside from helping your student, getting the Seer in trouble and the Factotum training, did you do anything else? Like, I don’t know, take some time to yourself or anything? Cause that’s important too.”

S
    Samael

Samael nodded, "Correct. The Ladder had been watching him for a while. His father is in the Order as well, so it worked out. Naturally, the sneaky bastards waited until he was away on business when they trumped up the allegations." His mouth twitched recalling the underhanded methods the Liars employed. "His one phone call was to me."

The Warlock reclined slightly, "I'll just be flying back to Philly for a few days. One day to account for the jet lag, one night of examination, and then a day to relax. I've been told it's most similar to a bar exam. Debating against both physical and ethereal beings will certainly be an unusual evening."

He smiled when asked if he did anything for himself. "I did one of those Viking river cruises. They're a growing trend and extremely relaxing. A literal boat load of Baby Boomers, and surprisingly pleasant. Must be because no one under twenty one is allowed on the ship."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a shake of her head and a chuckle, “They’ll stoop to any level and underhanded trick to get what they want. Thankfully, he had the smarts to call you.” She sips the coffee, “How’s he doing? It had to be one hell of an ordeal for him.” She knew she’d prob be freaking out personally.

Nodding, “That’s a good thing to compare it to. I failed my first attempt at it, took some time to study, and passed the second one. I think the worst part is the stress and pressure we put on ourselves.” She reaches for the carafe and refills her cup, offering some to Samael. If accepted, she’ll refill his cup too. “Well, I wish you luck. But something tells me you got this.” A lopsided smile.

“No one under the age of twenty-one? Now, that does sound like a pleasant cruise!” she laughs, “Nothing against the younger generation, but I’ve outgrown my party days, and sometimes I just want to relax without drunks acting like idiots. Look at me, showing my age!” more coffee. “But it sounds like it was wonderful!” she wanted to go on a cruise.

“Are you going to take up teaching again?” another question to see if he was passing though or staying around. They could use the numbers.

S
    Samael

"Daniel is doing fine. He's still a Sleepwalker right now. According to Cassandra, yes, she chose that Cassandra," he chuckled about the in-joke of Shadow Names. "The young man's fate definitely stands out in the future. We may not be able to trigger Awakenings, but, we're certainly going to do everything possible to provide an environment for a healthy one!"

An eyebrow rose, "You are a Factotum? I'm pleasantly surprised." He paused to sip his coffee then hand the cup to her to refill. "It's good to know we have one in town. I'm glad that the local establishment here loosened that up. That seems to be the newest trend. Ladders are opening the role to anyone in the Pentacle. Definitely a step in the right direction."

Again, the Warlock laughed, "I love educating young minds to fight the good fight against the Liars. However, when I'm on vacation, I need a break too! My mind needs to recharge."

"And yes, I'll be returning to teaching. I'm working an angle to get strings pulled for working at Drexel. Their main campus is in Philly, and, conveniently enough, there's a campus here too."
    He smiled with mischief, "Their school mascot is a dragon!"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread