Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia, dressed in a plain, light-blue top and jeans, leans against one of the big red garage bay doors outside the firehouse. She's feeling positive: the thought of making her Cabal's name mean something again is just what she needs to drag herself out of her recent funk. She'd started a pot of coffee upstairs, in what had been the lounge/common area of the firehouse. And, of course, she'd had some coffee when she woke up. So she's feeling about as alert and ready as can be expected. She glances down at her cell phone and checks a few emails while she waits.

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

2. Likes liked this post
    Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker was punctual, showing up fifteen minutes early; a side effect of having a Marine for a dad. The lyft driver, in a newer model black Nissan sedan, dropped her off across the way with a few thanks and goodbyes exchanged. She gave a wave to Hamia, but it was immediately noticeable that her attention wandered away as she gave the old firehouse a once over.

Weavebreaker looked down the street, both ways, then set out across. "Morning!" She said with another wave. "I hope I didn't keep you waiting long."

Weavebreaker's eyes shot over to the giant red doors, as it occurred to her that she had never actually been in a firehouse before. About the closest she could recall, is when she was little and the firefighters would be handing out candy in front, just up the block. Beyond that, it was the history. She could tell it had seen some years.

"This place is really cool." She said sincerely.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Enchantress lowers her phone and offers a small, friendly smile. "Oh, hey. No, you're good. I honestly didn't expect you this early." Early is on time and on time is late... she doesn't miss all of that.

She follows Weavebreaker's gaze. "It kind of is. We found it by accident. Lacuna and I." She pauses, realizing the name drop probably meant nothing to the other Arrow. "She was a friend from New York. Gone now." Refusing to be caught up in a self-pity loop, she presses forward. "Upstairs is pretty stripped down from its original purpose. There's an office that's still intact, and the room where the bunks were is basically untouched, but the rest of it is starting to look more like an apartment than an emergency station."

Hamia straightens from the wall and beckons the blonde to follow before heading to the side door "I've got some fresh coffee going upstairs. Let me show you around."

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

5. Likes , liked this post
    Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"I could always use some coffee..." Weavebreaker gladly accepted, as she followed Hamia to begin the tour. The first and foremost spot, the coffee-pot. "I do have a bit of funds, too. I could throw in to help where it is needed."

"By the way, what is the name of the Cabal?" Once inside, her eyes were shooting everywhere. The strange thought passed through her head, at how this newness to the whole place would fade as it becomes a home.

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That'd be nice." She'd be lying if she said she didn't need the help.

They pass the side entrances to the large vehicle bays on their way up the concrete stairs. There's a little dust and cobwebs left in the highest, hardest to reach spots, but it looks like Hamia has been busy tidying the place up. Upstairs, the common area has two restaurant-booth style tables and a kitchenette. The smell of fresh-brewed coffee wafts over them from the pot on the counter.

"Hounds of Artemis."
    she says, grabbing a few mugs from the cupboard and offering one to Weavebreaker. "Lacuna's idea, for the most part. But I guess the theme really appealed to me. I've always been big on using my talents to protect people... and she took that a step further with the Greek reference. We planned on seeking out and ending threats instead of waiting for them to strike first. Pretty much like hunters, I guess."

8. Likes liked this post
    Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker gladly took a mug, and filled it. She didn't bother with cream or sugar, as she brought it up to take a cautious sip. She rested the mug back down on the counter. "It is a good name." She nodded softly. "It is also a plan that I can get behind."

"Hounds of Artemis." Weavebreaker softly repeated to herself.

"My name is Ana." She offered, as a sign of trust and goodwill. "Short for Anastasia." With that Weavebreaker lifted back up the mug and took another cautious sip, she really did not want to burn her tongue. "Also, another secret..." She smiled. "I hold Mastery with Prime."

Weavebreaker bit her lip for a moment. "Back when Banisher's were really bad at Sacramento University. I was attending college there..."

"Even now, I hold spells hidden upon my tapestry, that would be hard for most to see. Supernal sight and aura shaping are the typical two."

She couldn't help but shake her head. "There were Banisher problems for years and for years I lived right in the middle of the activity. Hidden."

10. Likes liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia, conversely, scoops in liberal amounts of both cream and sugar, stirring her mug with a plastic spoon. She cups the mug with both hands and takes a long, soothing inhale of the rich aroma. "Thanks." she replies, before taking her own first sip.

"Anastasia... isn't that Russian?" Half a moment later, she abashedly adds. "Oh! Sorry, I'm Lindsey." It would have been pretty rude to not share her own name.

"That's pretty impressive. Time is my go-to and I haven't come near mastering that yet." The somber tone in Ana's voice draw's Hamia'a attention. Banishers were practically boogeymen in her experience... she could only imagine being beset by them in your home city.

"Who was winning?" she asks, curiously. "You guys or the Banishers?"

Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"Yes. Russian." Though she held no hint of an accent, nor could speak any

Weavebreaker gave a shrug. "Kinda a stalemate." She didn't know whether the Seers showed and did their thing because of the absence of the Banisher's, the Seer's caused the absence of the Banishers, or if the Banishers were even really gone.

"Honestly, I need to get a bit better at fighting..." She admitted. "I may hold Mastery, but I need a lot more work on adaptability."

Weavebreaker knew her weaknesses well. She took another sip of coffee. "It is a pleasure, Lindsay."

"I have mostly dealt with Banisher's; Both here and Savannah. I do not have much experience with Seers."

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia offers a slight smile. ​"I met a few Russians on the field. It was kind of a tense situation... considering they probably sold the insurgents all of their arms." The brunette pauses for a beat. Her gaze freezes on nothing somewhere in the distance. Then, as if started by herself, she inhales sharply and give her head a tight, rapid shake. "Anyway... my father's Israeli. And mom's a mutt. A little bit of everything pale."

"With everyone here now, I think we have a good chance of at least holding our own. If not keeping those bastards in their place."

Hamia tries to hide her grin behind her cup. After another sip, she adds "There's always room to grow. Pretty much everything I've learned can apply to fighting. I'm sure there's some joke in there about 'meathead marines', but learning that way made sense. I could... give you some pointers, if you like."

She lets out a sigh."You've still probably got a better clue about the Seers than I do. It feels a little like all of my struggles so far have involved Sleepers. Or my own head space."

Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker let out a soft chuckle. "I'm a military brat. My dad was in the Marines."

Weavebreaker gave a shrug. "I could always learn a bit more hand to hand." She shook her head softly. "While it may seem strange, I do know my way around a sword. I could use a bit more diversity - maybe grappling or something." She couldn't always wield a sword in public, well she could, but it would require the addition of mind.

Weavebreaker took another sip. "Seers...Honestly, we are ill equipped to smoke them out. They typically operate by proxy and if they are still here in Sacramento...you would have to find their influence. We may be good in a fight, but climbing the status rungs, in a city, is typically not the Arrow's forte."

"I think when it comes down to it, I excel against fighting other willworkers. I may have shifted a bit away from that, but I will need more adaptability for different foes." Weavebreaker was doing her best to self reflect, but it would take time and meditation to do it accurately.

"We shall see."

With another sip of coffee, she placed the mug down on the counter. "I'm excited and totally down for all this." Not only did she motion to the surroundings, she also motioned to Hamia. "Thank you."

15. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread