Watch

Bachelor Pad Pros

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

When Knot ordered the pizza, he picked a vegan margherita for himself, and then picked the toppings of the two other pizzas basically at random, with a bit of Fate pulled down from Arcadia to make sure what he ordered would work out to Alastor's and Langdon's tastes. Then, while he was at the market, he picked the drinks basically in the same way, picking new things with a little Fate to ease the process. And then, with just a pinch more Fate and a bit of Time, he pulled up into the driveway just moments before the delivery kid pulled up. His change came out to exactly the right amount of tip too.

Unlocking the door into XII's Sanctum, Knot called out into the building for the others. "I picked up pizza and drinks guys!"

Now, Knot's taste when it came to interior decorating, like other things in his life that he didn't know how to do, boiled down to 'throw fate magic at it and hope it works out, because usually it does'. It worked for cooking, dates, talking to his family, paying bills, finding a sanctum and hallow, and now it worked out well enough for furnishing the new shared living space. Lots of used stuff from Craigslist and garage sales, nothing exactly matched but nothing really looked out of place either. He was satisfied with how it was coming along at least. He was looking for a Pool Table though, he hadn't found one that felt right to him yet, but he was confident he would eventually.

The pizza boxes spread out neatly on the counter in the kitchen, and the drinks go into the fridge for a bit of a chill while he gets out plates.
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

2. Likes liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Langdon learned to walk quietly after he Awoke, after the world fractured and his Soul now mirrors that. That being said the Moros does not know how to walk as quietly as a cat. No he just knows how to step in a way that doesn't come down as a clomp. It is those soft not yet whisper steps that bring him into the kitchen. Wiping a bone handled knife off on his pants. Flakes of what may be drywall fall to the ground and stick to his pants.

"I uh, didn't think through part of my design. We may need to make a cover story for one of the walls." The knife is placed gently down onto the table as Langdon rounds on the pizza. Even at home, probably relaxed, he's still in full length dress slacks. Though the button down is unbuttoned, untucked, and the sleeves are rolled up.

"Hows your day going?"

Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

"Haven't been challenged to a Duel yet," Knot says, turning the water on hot and rinsing off the plates, then drying them with a towel. "So could be worse." The faucet goes off and the plates go down. "Beer or soda?" He asks, pulling out his own soda and passing Langdon's choice to him.

"Been gardening. Hedges are looking good. Gonna introduce some mantis, I think." He wiggles a hand. "Been thinking of putting in roses, ones with fuck-off big thorns, next spring. One of the neighbors thinks I'm your hired help. Keeps calling me 'Marco' and trying to get me to gossip about you. Even complemented my English." He shakes his head, while serving himself. "She thinks you're loaded, by the way, and she's really impressed with how fast you put this place back together," he adds.

"Still doing the wall carvings?"

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

"I'll take a beer please." As Knot passes it over Langdon nods in thanks then cracks it open. The smile on his face dies as Knot tells him about their new neighbor.

"Ugh fracking people." The Moros shakes his head as he takes another small sip of beer. "Maybe I'll have to introduce myself one day and just refer to you by many different names. See how long it takes before she thinks you are a triplet?" A rarely seen playful and mischievous grin plays on Langdon's face for moments before falling back inside him.

"It almost feels wrong using the supernal to do those sorts of repairs... It's so useful though." Though he is clearly still torn on it. Short steps carry Langdon over to the plates and the food. "I ever tell you that I like pepperoni and mushrooms?" Looking down at the pizza it takes a second or so.

"Ah! Right. I am very much not used to that sort of chance altering. O the carvings. Yep. I started one a bit ago and its cascaded a bit. I always enjoyed the idea of runes and glyphs in fantasy books when I was younger. How simple symbols can have such power. I think that's how I ended up studying them and well, seemed like an interesting idea to try on something that I can easily fix."

A
    Alastor

The sound of a door in the back opening up, all creaky-like.

"Did somebody say... pizza?"

Alastor trudged out. He was obviously chilling, athletic navy blue shorts and a fitted plain white tee on. He looked beat, like he'd been working or something, but freshly showered. He smelled... like Old Spice? Flipping the third party box open, he gave a pleased look. "Hawaiian. Yes. Nice. Thanks, man."

No plate. Just in hand, a big slice that the Arrow began to annihilate, covering up underneath with a piece of paper towel. "Naw. We should pretend we're the hired help, Langdon. Really fuck with her." He chuckled. No, ma'am. Knot ran this shit.

"I don't work today, so later on I'm gonna get ready and toss a long-term Ward up. I'll hide the spell so y'all aren't constantly buzzing, don't worry."

The Talon popped a bottle of water and took a seat on a comfy Lazyboy recliner that he'd picked out. It actually wasn't used; it turned out the Arrow wasn't loaded, but he had enough money to get furniture that wasn't just from Ikea. He'd said he couldn't get the matching sofa yet, because cashflow, but hey. There was always next month.

"So what do you do for a living anyway, Langdon?"

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Langdon is clearly disappointed that Alastaor thought of the far better prank. The Moros nods through two chews of pizza and takes a small sip of beer to help wash it down.

"That's fricking brilliant." A laugh escapes and Langdon lets it roll. It falls away with a shrug. "After I forged my Soul the world's been busy. So I don't mind if its easier to not hide it." There's something being described to you and then it suddenly happening to you. All the time.

"Ahh, I'm a lecturer around town. The field I studied for years isn't really in hot demand so I find gigs teaching a class or two at local universities."

8. Bump Benji "Bump" this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

Knot shrugs. "Long as we aren't being reckless, I don't see any reason not to cast whatever we want." What's the point of being a wizard if you don't cast spells? If they weren't meant to cast spells, they never would have Awakened in the first place.

His two slices went on a plate, while the rest of it went into the fridge.

"You two handle her however you want. I'm just gonna get the hedges fuck-off big for privacy." No one needed to see into their place but them, in Knot's opinion. "Speaking of privacy, thanks Alastor. I can send you some luck for it too, if you want it. How big you planning on making it? You marking down runes?" It was academic curiosity mostly, since the Ward wasn't going to really mess with his stuff. "If you're gonna cover the whole house, I can figure something out with the shed. Clear it out so there's a place you can portal in and out of without breaking your ankles, and where nosy neighbors won't see." Carve off a piece of the place so they'd always have a direct link to it, maybe?

"Wotcha study?" Knot asks Langdon, around a mouthful of pizza. He could totally see Langdon as an teacher.

A
    Alastor

"Fuck-off big hedges are good by me," Alastor agreed. "And that sounds good. I'll do some work to see how far I can go with it. Runes would be helpful, but they're not exactly subtle, and part of what I'm going for is stealth." He shrugged, shoving some pizza in his face. Chewing it, he nodded to the final bit. "I figure covering the whole house is good. We can use the shed like you've said."

He looked to Langdon too, curious to know what the Mystagogue lecturer did.

"I wanted to ask you guys about something. Great Rights. Sigil Holder. All the usual Cabal stuff we probably should publicize..."

Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

Knot makes a go on gesture to Alastor, seeing as how he hasn't asked his question.

They were mystagogues, they weren't going to shout down someone with a question.

A
    Alastor

"What do you guys want to do?" Alastor finished. "Any particular territory or focus we want to claim?"

Get it started, Al.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread