Ended
Watch

Motley Mixer

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    B
    Blink

Funderland had been closed for hours. Any prying and out-of-place eyes had long since gone, back to the routines of normalcy. This was not so for the Freehold, for those who only knew 'normal' as a distant and sometimes hazy memory. The night had only begun for them!

The carousel was light brightly, with music playing softly through its speakers. It turned slowly, slow enough to easily step on to. With the slow revolution, came the slow dance of some beautifully painted wooden horses. They bobbed up and down, ever so slowly. Other horses, remained absolutely stationary, frozen from any up and down motion as they travelled their circle path. Beyond the lights, sound, and exquisitely carved horses, were the mirrors on the interior portion that masked the mechanics and the intricate and vividly colored carvings throughout the carousel that were much more noticeable up close.

Tonight was a meet and greet, with the thought of potential motley mate in the mix. If there was certainty that a Motley wasn't for you, then maybe you just found yourself here for the comfort of being around those who had suffered and survived similar horrors...

Blink sat backwards, preternaturally balanced on one of the horses that slowly bobbed up and down. Her hand was held out in front of her face, as she watched the eldritch tattoo slowly creep down to her forearm. It may have been strange at one time, that they moved and she never even felt a thing, but now...it just was.

Blink did not even think to much on the significance of each of the tattoos; each one earned by being hunted down, mauled, torn apart, and killed, then remade. Sure a girl could still dream about all that shit, happening over and over again, but she just did not link the experience when she saw the fey-like script. They were just something she unconsciously ignored.

Blink's arms stretched high into the air, with her hands coming together, then back. Her back pressed up against the mane of one of the carved horses as she stretched. The flexibility was readily apparent, prior to returning back to her normal posture - this time though her hand rested on her knee.

P
    Peter Wright

Was it simpler to be around the mundane or the strange? Truth and Lies didn't care either way. All beings had secrets; secrets Peter wanted whether he needed them or not. It was just his nature, and who could fight their nature? He made his way into Funderland more perplexed over the name than the fact Lost were using it as a gathering space. Truth was stranger than fiction. Peter knew that far too well.

Draped in a simple black suit he made his way towards the carousel only to find a lithe woman with shifting tattoos lounging upon a bobbing horse. In...and out came his breath as he approached. Peter found that he normally had to get surprisingly close before most people even noticed he was near, though he wasn't really bothered by it. It was as he was meant to be.

Leaning into the woman's peripheral he offered a slight wave of his hand. "Um, hello. I'm Peter Wright. I'm new." His face was calm and inviting, the paint on his face shifting between bright and subdued colors.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Out for a stroll in the cool evening air.... Well. Any air was cooled by the Autumn Courtier's Mantle. Rhodes made his way around the corner of the block across from Funderland and could see the lights indicating the gathering was already starting to move.

Crossing the road in his hedgespun coat of rolling thunderclouds, the Flowering Fairest strolls confidently into the park and up towards the carousel. The whip of icy winds catch the two changelings there as he approaches.

"Good evening," Rhodes says with a cheery smile, watching the Summer Courtier with a hint of memory. "Ah... Blink, wasn't it? We met but oh so briefly a the Coronation. I was better standing aside, Beer pong not really my thing." He turns to the painted man, watching curiously at the face moves and shifts. He recognizes the stiff mask shrouding his read of the other changeling. "And you.... I don't believe I've had the pleasure. Rhodes of the Autumn Court." He offers a hand to the man, watching the features shift into a human face that may have been painted by Michelangelo.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

So this was a new thing. Motley Mixer.

It caught her attention, she was curious who it would bring out and what would come of it. Though she enjoyed sharing a Motley with Ingrid, she just wished they hadn’t lost two members.

Going out meant dressing the part and wanting to make a good impression.

Picking out a pair of white pants, she pairs them with her leather halter top. It’s cute little belt crossing her toned stomach. She loved the halter top, it had been her favorite investment to date. And she knew she looked good in it. Makeup was kept simple save for red lips. Which look great with any outfit!

The lights from the carousal played off the gilded skin that was exposed. Gold sparkling and dancing as she moved.

Sapphires spy new people. Two from the Summer mess and one that was completely new!

Long legs carried her over as a hand was raised in greeting,

“I don’t think I’ve met anyone here!” comes the angelic voice, “I’m Seraphina, but Sera works just fine.” Her smile was friendly.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

5. Likes Xadun liked this post
    N
    Nana

Nana spent longer than she’d like to admit practicing her smile in the dingy vanity mirror of her van before slapping it back up in defeat. No matter the angle, the best she could manage before it tipped into horror was a sneer. Be nice – she repeated to herself as she walked deeper into the park – You’re here at this thing to make friends. You’re a kind woman. They’re welcoming people. It isn’t brain surgery. She so wished it were.

She arrived in what was a casual outfit for her, if with black stockings, gloves, and hat for more coverage of her disturbing features. She carried her things in what passed in her mind as a ‘cute’ bag. She was relieved to not be the first to arrive, able to slip up as the group converged around the graceful woman precariously balanced on the carousel horse. She made eye contact with Rhodes and gave a nod before focusing more of her attention on those outside Autumn.

"I'm only recently arrived myself, Peter." She added to the brush stroked man's introduction. She then turned her attention to yet another Fairest. What, did they eat everyone else? She was certain she was going to break a tooth with how hard she was trying to keep her mouth shut. At least Sera seemed friendlier than those of Autumn. "What a beautiful name, Sera." She added, genuinely enough, before giving her own in the fluttering voice as wizened as her seeming. "I go by Nana. This is such a wonderful gathering and how exciting to meet you all." Then she gave it a go, face splitting open in her best smile and exposing both uniform tooth and grey gum, head tilting in the strain against her usual severity.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

A blast of Mantle induced dry heat and light from a fiery crown only visible to the fae announced the arrival of the Summer Queen.

Circe hated coming to these kind of things right after her better paying job. Not that she didn't like this nor was she tired. But coming to party in a suit made her feel like she was being stuffy. That was Jason's schtick and Circe didn't want to steal it. Plus the Summer Queen was far too gregarious.

In deference to this she'd opened her jacket, removed the tie, and unbuttoned the dress shirt to show plenty of blue above and below a band of black. She'd take off the coat but the Summer suspected her shoulder holster would scare any new Mellow arrivals more then the jacket. And the carousel was all lit up, "Che bollo," was her response to seeing this as she hopped onto the ride, patting one horse as she walked up to Blink. "Yo Blink," she cheerfully greets her fellow Summer as she jumps up on a horse from behind, "I'm hopin' this'll be a good ride."

Circe then takes in the others. The grin on her face fades as she looks at the guy with the moving paint face, wanes at Rhodes in his flowing jacket, turns into a worried frown as red eyes took in the shimmering scales of Sera, and then Circe's crimson orbs hit on Nana. The elven Fairest lets out a sigh of relief as her shoulders sagged, "Oh good. I was worried there was a theme goin' here that I'd messed up. Everyone bein' so fluid or shiny an' all. I didn't wanna be the square."

She pops her neck before looking back and forth between Peter and Nana. She then turns to Blink, "So Blink? We welcome the new arrivals ta town yet?" She then leans back with one hand holding the pole of the horse while the other waves hello, "Hiya, I'm Circe by the way!" as Circe pulls herself back up she turns to ride side saddle while facing back at Blink. She dived right back into the conversation as if she'd not even stopped to say hello, "Or is that gonna be my royal duties tonight?"

ooc: I have no idea what the Wyrd Crown is supposed to look like, sorry.
    Last edited by Circe; Aug 2nd, 2018 at 11:00 AM.  Reason for Edit: spelling error
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

8. Likes , Xadun liked this post
    P
    Peter Wright

Every moment was The Beginning of The End of The Beginning. Peter was new, but he imagined in different places, during different seasons, a similar moment to this had occurred. New arrivals, 'royal duties', a carnival of masks and secrets. A gathering of Lost was the one time they could let their true selves be revealed, and yet truly they were all guarded more than ever. It was their nature.

For a man used to existing on the fringe of a conversation he was currently the focus for some. Probably because he was so unfamiliar. As the flowery-man extended his hand Peter wiped his own off on his pants leg before accepting the gesture. "Pleasure's all mine," Peter said with a friendly smile. "Peter Wright. Courtless."

Next came an enthralling woman whose words and appearance tickled his mind and dazzled his eyes. Was she real, or merely a sign of further delusion? If she were delusion, how would he even know? "Sera. Nice to meet you," he said with a quick wave of his hand.

A serious looking woman with stretched skin then approached and shared some interesting news. Another new arrival. "Oh well, hello Nana." He bounced slightly in place, looking around them before continuing. "Definitely wonderful. Quite beautiful. Though I've never seen a Carousel with such, um...possibly nightmare inducing music," she said with a playful tone. It's all fun and games till somebody falls...

Blue skin. White hair. Red eyes. And royalty it seemed. Peter was friendly and playful, but behind trustworthy eyes he watched and listened to all. Connections were forming in his mind. Connections between Blink and Circe were becoming more clear, though truth could fail when assumptions endured. A smile formed again on his face. He just had to ask. Sometimes it was the only way to get information. "So, royal duties," he said gesturing to Circe. "Would that make you, Queen Circe?" he asked politely. "Nice to meet you."

B
    Blink

Peter first drew her attention, when he came into her peripheral. A hand reached back to grab the pole that her horse was suspended on. Using it as an anchoring point, she slid to side-saddle the wooden stead. It gave her a much better vantage.

Before she could respond to Peter, the procession had already started to grow. She was thankful, as it stopped her from having to say her name a dozen times, by her count. There were new names and new faces. Maybe that had been at the Coronation, but so was a game of beer pong. She did her best, this time, to keep track of the names with faces or was it the the faces with names - aided with the powers of sobriety.

"Greetings!" Blink said to the assembly with a smile.

"I will try to keep this short..." A supposedly monumental task for a fairest.

"First - Thank you for coming." Blink clasped her hands together.

"Second - Tonight is about getting to know one another." Blink glanced up for a moment, having no real clue where this was going. She was surprised she made it to Two, but then it dawned on her that she missed something.

"I'm Blink. I'm also a Cancer. I enjoy long walks on the beach." She said playfully to lighten the mood.

"I like fighting." She said with a shrug. It seemed like a blatant lie, coming from someone who seemed so tiny and frail; but she also wore the Mantle of Summer.

Task complete.

Blink cocked her head to the side. To a normal person all this shit would seem like a meeting for Alcoholics Anonymous or some shit. Maybe that is what all this was at the end of the day...

A Freehold...

A Motely...

A whatever...

...Just support groups for people who went through some pretty fucked up shit.

"It is a pleasure!" Blink said with the same smile that she started with.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Now that was a weird purse! But kinda cute, thinks the Nix.

Smiling to the severe woman, “Thank you! Pleasure to meet you Nana.” The candlelight shadows, she thinks an Autumn, but wasn’t sure. “And I have to say, I love your purse! Where did you find it?” her tone genuine. It was cute, and she could totally throw an outfit together around it.

She then feels a dry heat, looking around, she spots Circe. A hand was raised in a wave, “Hey.” She says with a smile. “And come now, being sparkly is fun! Though I do like the blue, you wear it well.” A nod and wink.

There was a quick blink of her eyes, she almost overlooked the other new guy. Who’s name was Peter Wright and he had no Court.

Friendly smile on once again, “You as well Peter. Been in town long?” always good to get to know the new people.

The Lithe blonde introduced herself next, Blink. An interesting name, not one she had heard before. But then again with Lost, interesting and weird went hand in hand.

“Pleased to meet you Blink. If the beach is your thing, there happens to be one here in town believe it or not. Probably not long enough for a walk, but the water looked awfully inviting.”
    She playfully responds.

Fighting. Huh, Summer? She wonders.

“I’m no where near as good as a Summer in a fight, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve.” See, she can make conversation. Sometimes.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

The rush of heat and palpable strength that emanated off the Summer Crown hit her before she turned to see Circe and suddenly, John’s description all clicked into place. Ohhh – indeed. She raised a hand to the woman in greeting. Even having heard about the guns, she risked a quip of her own knowing the woman was good-natured. "Ms. Beauregarde, you're looking so trim. Juice cleanse?"

She looked up to Blink as she gave a proper introduction for herself and the event, a ghoulish thought passing through her mind – Does the ink still squirm unattached? – before chiding herself for it and focusing on the woman’s words.

As Seraphina spoke she struggled not to gawk, between looks, bearing, and voice it brought back flashes of mythic beauty that Arcadia had held along its cruelties. A dream made manifest, even with nightmarish curiosities nagging at her mind about just how deep that gold and scale went. It was hard not to be flattered by the compliment to her purse.

“Oh, really? Well thank you.”
    She had nearly forgotten about it in comparison. “I found it in one of those curio shops in New York -- where I'm from. The sort of store that sold taxidermy dressed up in silly outfits, artwork with hair or blood, animal skeletons. You know.” She said without irony. “I think they were only selling it because they were having trouble making ends meet for some reason, was my luck though. With the way things are now, I’d imagine everything’s on the computer, but I’d be happy to loan it out if you’d like. I don’t get out to enough events where it’s appropriate and sharing would honestly make me feel better about the purchase,” she confessed.

She looked around at the group and her smile shifted from being quite so forced. They really did seem like genuine people and the tension she’d faced from her court’s gathering vanished. She knew as well as any of them that appearances were often deceiving, but Blink’s instinct in setting this up was proving very wise. In this strange place, amid these oddities, she didn’t feel quite so strange.

“So, this gathering is, in part anyway, to speak about the possibilities of forming a Motley – yes? I admit that I would feel much more comfortable with that sort of bond. I’m far better at fixing injuries than causing them and I have an interest in getting better acquainted with the local Hedge." She offered up about herself. "I work Goblin Fruit into my practice, and desire for proper study as well, but procuring them can be a nightmare when I’m forever having to watch my own back. What sort of interests brought everyone else here?” She asked looking between them all.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 26

You do not have permission to view the list of names.