Ended
Watch

If Two is Company, Three is a Conspiracy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    J
    John Doe

John contacted Ingrid for a special meeting regarding the Freehold Sasha was kind enough to open Blue Note for them. It was time to discuss what to do about the fallout from the Coronation. Coffee was ready for both of them.

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid appears in her summer attire: a broad brimmed hat, sunglasses, purple dress and light closed shoes. Her left arm is looped through a new(wish) looking handbag.

"Look at you, taking the lead. How you been?" She slipped off her sunglasses with a sigh. Her eyes roamed as she drew near the Mirrorskin.

"Do I smell coffee? Oh wonders! Just what I need. Its hot out there."
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

S
    Sasha

The Dancer was just coming out of the back office. She'd heard what Ingrid had said when she arrived. Although, her hot and coffee comment was curious; was that sarcasm or the truth. "Are you one of those people that drinks coffee to cool down?" Sasha chuckled as she progressed further toward them. "If so, then you're one of the small percentage who understands about body temperatures and overheating." Grinning sweetly at the 'myth' that was not a myth as some people would like to think.

"Thank you for coming Ingrid. John and I were doing some discussing during the last Freehold event. We may need to call upon Circe to come over as well if you think she'll join." Sasha wasn't beating around the bush this time, that should be a clue what this was going to be all about.

The Fairest poured a cup of coffee and then moved toward the fridge. Pulling out her favorite creamer, she poured enough in to significantly change the color of her coffee. "If you take cream, sugar, or flavored creamer, please feel free to take some. I think I have about 6 or 7 flavors back here, Coconut Cream, this one." Holding it up with her hand a moment. "Caramel Vanilla, French Vanilla, okay there's a lot so if you feel so inclined, just go ahead, you don't have to ask." The brand was one that the Onyx rarely strayed from, but one thing was certain, she was not a 'basic' girl; there would be no pumpkin spice found at the Note.

"Back to the matter of why we're here. John and I think we have a serious issue on our hands, and we don't mean something outside of Funderland." Sasha was only cautious and used choice words that stated her opinion. It was possible that the plum scented woman enjoyed what happened, or at least had been sporting about it. But it was now that they would find out if this was a threat, or just a mere misunderstanding.

J
    John Doe

"Thanks Ingrid," John replied cheerfully. He took his cues from Sasha and tried to work them into "good cop" speech, "We're concerned about how things went at Coronation. Lucifer made quite a stir. The possibility of a Loyalist among the Freehold is frightening." Ingrid had seeded that thought, and it had taken hold. "We just want to be certain that we're on the same page here."

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Coffee is coffee. I'll take it any day! And in here is nice and cool. I'll just go for a black with sugar right now." Ingrid beamed.

"Sasha. Onyx Sovereign." The Darkling added a little hastily as she dipped into a bobbing curtsy before she settled.

"I have no idea what - or indeed, if - Circe thinks anything of what happened. I'm sorry the Coronation was ruined of course... But I had a duty to Mhairi... So." Ingrid trailed off as a queasy feeling rolled unpleasantly through her stomach. A look passed across her face.

"I had the keys to Edna's. It was and is and always will be Autumn's place. When I first saw Lucifer I thought she was about the only Ashen Courtier left. She... She did not take too well when Rhodes showed up. He... He had a stronger Mantle and so, like, I tried to hand him the keys. And then she... just exploded."

Her voice trailed weakly. Ingrid took a breath - and a fortifying sip of coffee.

"I did not like her tone. Or how she tried to crudely cow me. Me! The Director! In front of everyone! Implying that I'm leading the Freehold astray! And she constantly banged on about what secrets she knows! What secrets! She barely rated a Mantle! I reacted to defend myself and it all got heated."

Ingrid had to take another sip as the memory, rekindled, burned into her.

6. Likes Cayce, Origins, liked this post
    J
    John Doe

The Faceless arose to acquire sugar for Ingrid. He procured a small sugar bowl with rock sugar for the Monarch. "You know where I stand," he spoke with sympathy to his fellow Darkling. "Mhairi chose you for a reason. You did what you had to do and she sure as hell was peacocking mighty hard." He let out a cynical laugh, "Lucifer is aptly named. Quoting goddamn Galadriel when she encountered the One Ring. Oh yea, she's a demon, alright." He sat down with a huff.

John cast his face toward Sasha then back to Ingrid before continuing. "She scares the hell out of me. Before I came here, my last Freehold where I had any significant amount of time, was subjugated by a True Fae. 'She' called 'herself' the Raven Queen. I nearly lost my goddamn mind thinking my Clarity shattered to pieces." Doe's teeth whistled with contained anger. "Pardon my language there."

John took a long gulp of his coffee then set about pouring another one. "Someone with such naked ambition for power and control is bad news all around." His face turned once more to the Winter Queen. His fingers tightened upon the cup as he tried to control his anger.

S
    Sasha

The Dancer was about to be more blunt than normal, and hoped it didn't shock the two of them. "Ingrid, you didn't ruin coronation, Lucifer did."

"You had every right to question someone who has barely been in the Freehold and demanded keys to everything. From what I see you were trying to give them someone who was more level headed and whose Mantle was higher. I would have done the same." The Fairest shook her head. "Ingrid, it's not your fault at all. If anyone should apologize it's Lucifer."

"And I agree, what secrets does she know. There are very few things in this Freehold that I don't know about so I think she may have been just trying to make it seem worse than it was." It was at this point that Sasha didn't care about past stuff per say. If one of them was that she was having relations with Rick after Terri left, so be it. It wasn't a big deal.

The Onyx waved her hand when John apologized for language. "It's quite alright, John." Her finger tipped to the side. "I agree, there's something not right when a stranger comes into a Freehold and proclaims themselves Sovereign. Honestly, I still think she's a Loyalist or something to come in here and think she can do these things. As a Changeling, you'd think she'd know that all of us don't trust easily."

"I think one of us should probably call Circe over right now. I wonder if she's busy with anything." It was of high concern to the three present. Considering she wanted to know how Circe felt that someone essentially came in and showboated the Summer gathering, her presence may be needed.

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid sniffed.

The Darkling's body folded inward as she took a deep, ragged, breath.

"Gah! Um... Can I smoke?"

First, though, the Palewraith was fumbling for her phone. It took her several attempts to type out a message encouraging the Crimson Sovereign to come over Origins Circe

Given the message is so simple and straightforward, I'm forgoing writing up a post in Comms. Hope that is okay.

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    J
    John Doe

"I get Autumn is all about sorcery, ooo's and aaa's." The Faceless shook his head. "Bragging about having super scary secrets at the Coronation, that's a red flag. She's a wild dog that needs to be brought to heel." Or put down.

"Circe's got a good head on her shoulders. I'm also renting her couch, so if you need a secure relay, I'm there."
    The thought of including his landlord brought a smile to his face, and a few other salacious thoughts bubbled to the forefront of his mind.

"I won't say no, but, I'm not in charge,"
    he shrugged, looking to Sasha.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe had not expected the text. It was good fortune that she was taking a break from a workshop project. The gun runner was confused at the apparent summons. It would take a her a few minutes to get to the Blue Note but her reply to the text made it clear she was on her way.

It still took her some time to get there, even with her not cleaning up thoroughly. The blue skinned Summer Queen still had some grease smears on her face and arms, hair in a disheveled pony tail, and a simple denim jacket to go with the shorts as she entered the Blue Note. "Yo Ingrid I got here as, wha?" she paused upon seeing John and Sasha.

"Ooookay. I certainly ain't secretly found rum in the tunnels ssssso I'm guessin' that whatever is goin' on ain't an intervention for my behavior, right?" She looks at the three in curiosity as she closes the door behind her, awaiting an explanation.

A OK it is, worry not you should. I decided to have Circe just drop everything and come right over.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.