Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Memory Lane) Car Park and Beyond

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Summer brings out the best in things. A splash of green; the play of light; rustle of leaves in the breeze. The scene says 'contentment'. Here, in the late afternoon with a cooling tremor playing in the tree tops. The car park is bright and airy. The witnesses - as evidenced by the number of cars in the parking area - are few (and best yet, accounted for).

The Changeling's have the car park and its immediate environs to themselves!

The car park is relatively small and juts off a trunk road that curves through the wider William Land Park. Trees and landscaping both conspire to create a sense of tranquil isolation. One might easy think they are in the middle of the rural wilds and not in the heart of Sacramento's urban sprawl. The air smells of greenery and asphalt radiating heat.

@Saber Sloth Echo Wolfgang Benji your scene begins here

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Trouble)
    Striking Looks
    (Provocateur)
    Oasis in the desert, glass roses and palm leaves
    (Mantle)
    Status (Clubs)
    (Contacts (Clubs, Street))
    Echo

Contacts: Street, Clubs
    Status Clubs ●

Mask

A blond 20something, who uses too much eye makeup.
    Mien

Human silhouette altered by a lion's ears and tail paired with digitigrade legs, causing her to walk on leoline toes. Fur comprises of hard packed sand, turning into sun scorched glass. Her hands come to deadly broken glass claws, while her eyes are overly large, their pupils slit, gleam silver like a naked blade.
    Mantle

Oasis in the desert, glass roses and palm leaves peak from her hair, her glass body reflects the shimmer of long awaited water
    Hedgespun

Foot Wrap L ● +1 Defence
    Mask: Cute Boot (L)
    Mien: A length of hardened threads of woven silver sand.

Foot Wrap R ● +2 Initiative
    Mask: Cute Boot (R)
    Mien: A length of captured lighting, dancing on woven clouds.

Engagement Ring ●● +2 Defence
    Mask: An Engagement Ring
    Mien: a large, brilliantly coloured bumblebee, looking as though it was made of wild flowers itself, rather than any mundane black and yellow creature, and held inside a ring made of clear amber.
    Normal Equipment!

Leather Jacket, (Reinforced Clothing), Smart Phone, Bowie Knife.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Razorhand Truefriend

Wearing her mirror shades and a hat, Echo hoped it would keep out more of the sun, but she knew that it wouldn't. Nothing would but the embrace of the dark.

Ugh. Meow she just sounded like a goth. She rolls her blade sharp eyes before turning them to work.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-29 11:37:16 Echo rolls 4 to Perception (Wits 3 + Composure 2 -1clarity5) (10 Again) 3, 10, 4, 8, 1 2 successes
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour:

W
    Wolfgang

Equipment
    Leather Jacket (Armor 1/0), Stun Gun

As the pair start looking around the parking lot, Wolfgang pulls a nickle out of a pocket and flips it in the air. "Yo Nicky, I need a favor. You up?"

Sunlight glimmers off the polished metal.

"You are shiny. I polish you every night because you like it, right?"

Wolfgang weighs the coin in the palm of his hand.

"Woah! Glad to hear it, bro. I just need you to put that shine to work and introduce me to any of your friends around here. Can you do that?"

Wolfgang holds the coin up and away from his face, using it to gauge the size of a distant object.

As all the other bits of metal start to wake up and call out to him, Wolfgang smiles. "That'll do Nicky, that'll do." He pockets the coin, and then pats his pocket to make sure Nicky is safe "Okay Echo, I've been introduced to the local scene. You see that car anywhere around here? Or are we sniffing around where you saw them come out?" He pulls out his Baseball cap and puts it on, brim shading his eyes from the sunlight.

Wolfgang is using Sense Element (metal) to precisely locate all instances of metal within 30 yards (90 feet) of himself, as well as their precise shapes.

Communion 1 (Metal) 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-30 20:07:24 Wolfgang rolls 6 to Communion 1 (Wits 2 + Wyrd 3 + Convo Bonus 1) (10 Again) 2, 8, 6, 7, 2, 5 1 success

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Wolfgang performs his Contract and is inundated by a chorus of metallic voices, all clamouring for his attention. Awareness follows in a series of shocking waves of knowing and sensation. The few vehicles he could see already (the sudden awareness of their shape and volume interacting in space was... unique). What he was not prepared for was the fence (an airy, wrought iron serpent) and the street lighting (guardian sentinels) or the wiring beneath the earth (worms. Many. Many. Worms).

The fence was bent and broken near the limits of his awareness. Hidden by the wondrous verdant profusion of the park.

Echo doesn't see half as much as Wolfgang. The scene has not changed that much since she was last here. The car they seek is nowhere to be found.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Trouble)
    Striking Looks
    (Provocateur)
    (Mantle)
    Status (Clubs)
    Echo

Status Clubs ●

Mask

Mien

Human silhouette altered by a lion's ears and tail paired with digitigrade legs, causing her to walk on leoline toes. Fur comprises of hard packed sand, turning into sun scorched glass. Her hands come to deadly broken glass claws, while her eyes are overly large, their pupils slit, gleam silver like a naked blade.
    Mantle

Oasis in the desert, glass roses and palm leaves peak from her hair, her glass body reflects the shimmer of long awaited water
    Hedgespun

Foot Wrap L ● +1 Defence

Mien: a large, brilliantly coloured bumblebee, looking as though it was made of wild flowers itself, rather than any mundane black and yellow creature, and held inside a ring made of clear amber.
    Normal Equipment!

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Razorhand Truefriend

She kinda figured buuuuut. Mer.

"Car's not here." she says, turning back to Wolfgang and his chattering. Her head tilts, ears twitching, always weird and wonderful to see people invoking Clauses.

"Was a burgundy red hatchback. Can your-" she wiggles her broken glass claws, "Figure it out?" she blinks, "Like, I don't doubt they? It? Can, but like. Is that enough, don't remember much else like. Uhhhh," she draws out, thinking, "Had a blue-darkish blue panel over the uhhh-left wing. Yah! So...." she waits, kicking the rocks under foot. Not quite knowing what to do. She wasn't good at planning, and knowing, and figuring out. Give her something to kill and she's your cat.

W
    Wolfgang

Wolfgang immediately starts struggling to hold back tears. "They sliced her open Echo! Like sushi! Butchers! Blackguards!" He hisses as he accuses the unknown actors of their foul minded disregard for the fence. Why, he wanted to cut off their fingers and toes with a pair of wire cutters, see how they like it!

Wait, no. No no no no no no no no no no no. That's the crazy part. The mean fairy part. They don't know.

Just... dial it back. You know how to look sane. Maybe start by not crying in front of someone else.

He takes some deep breaths and removes his cap for a second, wiping a hand through his hair to slick it back before replacing the hat. "I'm... sorry. No. I can't do color. Objects don't see themselves like that, metal's way more worried about shine. And well, paint's a different language. It's not good for conversation, not a lot of deep meaning in paint language, lots of surface level stuff. Might be nice to know if you're good at small talk. Really fucking snobby too though. There's a fence this way though, been cut through. Real bad too. I gotta interview her, she might have seen our perps."

Wolfgang leads Echo to the crime scene and while he leaves her to her investigations, he knees down by the fence's wound and places both hands on her, cooing at her, his voice as tender as a new father holding his firstborn. "Shhhhh baby doll I know. I know it hurts, I've been cut up before too. We're trying to find some people though. Think they might have taken advantage of you, in your state. Can you give me a rundown of what you've been seein? Anything might help."

Using Animation 3 on the fence.

Inanimate Communion 5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-05 01:31:14 Wolfgang rolls 6 to Inanimate Communion (Emptahy + Wyrd) (10 Again) 7, 8, 10, 6, 8, 10, 9, 1 5 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The fence reciprocates Wolfgang's consolation in a welter of images and a sense of highly guarded violation held through time.

Time.

Time is not something metal can impart to a Lost; not well, at least.

Wolfgang sees the hooligan's he savaged the fence. Not once, but thrice. Cruel little sicko's who take devious delight in simply wrecking things; who see it as a challenge for their bored, thuggish, little minds. He also sees the old maintenance guy who put up a valiant effort attempting to fix the damage the vandals wrought. Time and space collapse into the montage, so the Wizened would be hard pressed saying exactly when this duel happened, or how long it took. Clearly though, the valiant old maintenance guy lost and the fence was left compromised.

Then, curiously, is Ingrid with a bag of spray paint. She climbs all over the wounded fence, adding to the outrage, but does nothing to fix it. She actually looks quite satisfied with the hole in the fence, judging by the metal's outraged remembrance.

Last, and most recently, is a man in a hoody and a woman with freckles and an oval face. The woman hangs on the fence but does not cross its wounded threshold. The man, lanky and long limbed, climbs over the wounded section with skilled ease. The Wizend sees his face: an ugly mulatto whose features seem to big for his bone structure. The man and the woman have a muffled conference upon his return from Funderland: about how the trail of "bread crumbs" leads here; does the place "ring any bells?"; the woman chickens out in confusion and the pair disappear.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Trouble)
    Striking Looks
    (Provocateur)
    (Mantle)
    Status (Clubs)
    Echo

Status Clubs ●

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Hedgespun

Foot Wrap L ● +1 Defence

Normal Equipment!

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Razorhand Truefriend

The outrage is easy to see. The sorrow, the frustrated almost tears, and the quick way the wizened walks to the fence, cut and splayed open.

"It's okay to cry," she says. Her own silver blade sharp eyes, see the delicate silver threads of the fence, serpentine twists and ties, torn open and bleeding. "I don't know what happens when you invoke your clause, but....you can talk to metal, and metal can talk back. It's okay to cry." she repeats, "A crime happened right?"

She wants to offer a hug to the Autumn, but doesn't. She knew some didn't like touch, and right now might not be the best time. They were on the clock as it were. They had a puzzle to solve, a mystery to find answers to.

"Okay. No paint." she says, nodding. Feeling superfluous, as Wolfgang works, but offering that same kind tone as before.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-05 10:19:23 Echo rolls 7 to empathy yo (wits 3 + Empathy 4) (10 Again) 6, 7, 2, 6, 9, 9, 1 2 successes

W
    Wolfgang

"Your Director," Wolfgang's voice turns bitter, "is in league with the hoodlums that butchered this poor fence."

He harrumphs at the travesty. But they were not there to explore the manifold and myriad assortment of moral and ethical and mental failings of the Freehold's 'top dog', as it were.

"I do believe, however, that the fence has seen your intruders." He describes both the woman with the oval face, and the man in the hoodie, as well as their actions. "I suspect that they will return here at some point. We could, once the others meet us, keep watch for them here. What do you think?"

"And," he adds, "while I wouldn't presume upon your relationship with your Queen, maybe you could contact her to see what her interest in this breach is. They followed breadcrubs here, she might know more about that."

Presence
    (Trouble)
    Striking Looks
    (Provocateur)
    (Mantle)
    Status (Clubs)
    Echo

Status Clubs ●

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Hedgespun

Foot Wrap L ● +1 Defence

Normal Equipment!

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Razorhand Truefriend

"Uhhh Ingrid?" Echo blinks, tilting her head, she reaches for her phone. Arching a brow when WG says 'breadcrumbs'. "I'm gonna text her and see if she....wants to share." that was more polite then doubting what the fence said to the owlish man.

As she awkwardly types out her messages with her broken glass claws, shaking her head. This was her life now, and she can't even throw stones.

Texts to Ingrid!

"Well, the the description you gave me from your valiant serpentine sentry," nodding towards the fence, "Certainly sounds like the dude and chick I saw. And from what I saw, I'm gonna assume they'll poke around some more. So surveillance, and prob some ambush ideas if we need to would be a good ta plan."

Crossing her arms, phone held in her hand, "Can't be the front man if we don't want them suspecting anything, but I could play bait. They know my face, Maskless too. If they can See.....and I wasn't very sneaky. So I'm really, very, sure they marked me as 'highly suspicious'. Or um, like a complete fucking weirdo." she shrugs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread